It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Do you wonder who you are deep down?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:05 AM
Are you who you seem to be in the life you are living? Or could it be possible that you are one of many beings living in time with the higher self being the source of all these "beings"?

We are not a meat suit long term, that is clear. But if we aren't that, then what are we? And for how long?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:10 AM
Been there ,and though that and trust me ,it's not a pretty picture . a reply to: droid56

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:28 AM
a reply to: droid56

I think along those lines quite often. I feel like I'm literally just playing a role, something to get out of the way. I feel like I'm getting it all wrong. I feel disconnected usually from my real self, and who I am coming across as. It's sort of hard to explain I guess.. lol

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:35 AM
I think we all fall under different colours, much like a colour wheel. What shade are you?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:54 AM
You might try letting go of who you think you should be and find the true you .You might find that you can love that person much easier .To thine own self be true comes to mind .....peace a reply to: Weeeden

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:57 AM
no spoilers. Time reveals All.

edit on 22-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:26 AM
Have you ever had a dream that you were somebody else? Another identity that was familiar?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:38 AM

originally posted by: dudleyjb
I think we all fall under different colours, much like a colour wheel. What shade are you?

depends on the time and my mood. Morning mostly before-coffee-grey.
It's a pretty futile endavour trying to pin down who one self is. We're all depending on our circumstances, the way I live has strong impacts on my preferences. Important is, in my opinion just: Am I okay with what I am doing?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:26 AM

Can you see that there is still a concept of division, you are what you are able to control and perceive, you control your body and you can perceive it's functions, that way it is a part of you as well. When your body dies, and if your sentience "lives on" then the memory of your body will still remain as a part of you.

When you want to know who you are, you are yourself, however, there are things that we want to be, and sometimes we want to be certain things that we are not, at least, for the time being.

When we look within ourselves, we also want to express ourselves individually, when we do this, we can truly "be ourselves" and the feeling of "lacking" that we have is due to the forces that prevent us from being the way we want to be...

One of these forces are embarrassment, most are very embarrassed to say what they truly want to say, and obviously this gets in the way of "being ones self".

I have struggled as well, when there is no one around, I can be myself and talk to myself, when others are around, they get the "doctored" version of myself, heavily modified and edited.

edit on 22-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:05 AM
a reply to: SystemResistor

That's true. I got alot of things I keep to myself. Mostly awesome jokes people would find offending. Not everybody has to know everything.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:45 AM

Read my words carefully. You will not be disappointed.

When the pearl is cast down into the mud, it becomes greatly despised, nor if it is anointed with balsam oil will it become more precious. But it always has value in the eyes of its owner. Compare the Sons of God: wherever they may be, they still have value in the eyes of their Father.

P. But to what good end is pain thus rendered possible?

V. All things are either good or bad by comparison. A sufficient analysis will show that pleasure in all cases, is but the contrast of pain. Positive pleasure is a mere idea. To be happy at any one point we must have suffered at the same. Never to suffer would have been never to have been blessed. But it has been shown that, in the inorganic life, pain cannot be; thus the necessity for the organic. The pain of the primitive life of Earth, is the sole basis of the bliss of the ultimate life in Heaven.

Opposites have correspondences that are relative. Are you a relative to the first human? Yes. Then you are a correspondence that is relative. If you travel faster, you get there quicker. If you move higher, time slows for you. All things are relative, which is the very concept of relativity. Space and time are one thing.

Reducing relative opposites to their root position, you find that all things are one thing. Look in a mirror at your image. You know it's you because the image is a 2D shadow of your 3D body. If you move, it it moves. Time is 4D, which implies two hidden directions (past and future). Your 3D body has a 2D shadow. The shadow implies the other two hidden directions of your 3D body. A 2D plane has a 1D shadow. A 1D shadow is an indeterminate point. To know why the point exists, follow the two other directions implied by its existence. 2D moves because of 3D. 3D spatial dimension is a shadow of the 4D temporal space. 4D has two directions implied.

The two directions of time are determined by will. The will to give and receive creates reward from intentional suffering. The will to take makes us a thief. As a result, we suffer.

Reward ---> Suffering ------>Reward

If you take a reward as a thief, you will suffer. If you suffer on purpose, you will receive a reward. Smoke and you get sick. Workout in a gym and you gain health. All things follow the shadow of our 5D probability space. Indeterminate time becomes the will to choose our changing states of matter below.

Now, where is the consciousness? Space/Time? Is the conscious self in the 5D probability zone? No. Consciousness is above the rest. You are the shadow of something much larger. Just as a 2D plane implies two other sides to 3D, so too do you have more sides than the slice of time you occupy below.

The individuation below allows you to witness a slice. The individuation above uses the field to make the determination.

Now that you have a view of yourself, read chapter 13 of the Bhagavad Gita.

17 Although the Supersoul appears to be divided, He is never divided. He is situated as one. Although He is the maintainer of every living entity, it is to be understood that He devours and develops all.

18 He is the source of light in all luminous objects. He is beyond the darkness of matter and is unmanifested. He is knowledge, He is the object of knowledge, and He is the goal of knowledge. He is situated in everyone's heart.

19 Thus the field of activities [the body], knowledge and the knowable have been summarily described by Me. Only My devotees can understand this thoroughly and thus attain to My nature.

20 Material nature and the living entities should be understood to be beginningless. Their transformations and the modes of matter are products of material nature.

23 Yet in this body there is another, a transcendental enjoyer who is the Lord, the supreme proprietor, who exists as the overseer and permitter, and who is known as the Supersoul.

24 One who understands this philosophy concerning material nature, the living entity and the interaction of the modes of nature is sure to attain liberation. He will not take birth here again, regardless of his present position.

26 Again there are those who, although not conversant in spiritual knowledge, begin to worship the Supreme Person upon hearing about Him from others. Because of their tendency to hear from authorities, they also transcend the path of birth and death.

28 One who sees the Supersoul accompanying the individual soul in all bodies, and who understands that neither the soul nor the Supersoul is ever destroyed, actually sees.

35 One who knowingly sees this difference between the body and the owner of the body and can understand the process of liberation from this bondage, also attains to the supreme goal.

Compare this to the Son of God in the Bible. 1 Corinthians 10 says, "17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf."

The one loaf is the Son of God (Adam), of which, you are a part. Yahweh is the self-righteous accuser aspect of Adam's mind. Satan is the accuser (Conscience). To overcome the two aspects of Adam's mind, we must rise above judgement. To do this, we first realize that we cannot rise above others. WE ARE the others. We cannot judge others. If we do, we are judged.

To overcome Satan (accuser), we simply remove the need for his accusations.

Go back to the will. We must choose the will to give and receive. Taking makes us a thief. To give, you must first earn (suffer for) what is given. Did Christ suffer for others? Why?

Because they are you. You are them. Once you realize, you know why you are here.

edit on 22-12-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:31 AM
There's the spiritual way of thinking about yourself, and the materialist way of thinking about yourself. Take your pick, they're equally valid.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:37 AM
I am an instrument of amusement for the architect of this reality. I have no control of my life. It is dictated for me by something more powerful than me. I have seen behind the curtain.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:39 AM
a reply to: Parthin
'I' is just a thought.
If one thinks one is what one thinks one is then one is believing a thought.
Who is thinking?

Is there a 'who' that thinks or is there just a thought being known?

'Who' knows??

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:39 AM
I am THAT which knows I am.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:05 PM

Years ago I watched a movie adaptation of the Hermann Hesse novel Siddhartha and was intrigued by it's depiction of the search of self and the denial of self deceit.

I'm actually now reading the book and am looking forward to better insight of who I am when done

The older I get the better I seem to understand this one hand clapping stuff.

edit on 12/22/2014 by dezertdog because: content

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
Yes, OP... Wonder at that regularly...& so has Dave Matthews.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
All the time, usually boils down to me being in the wrong time.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:27 PM
All boils down to an infinate singularity no matter how you slice it.

On a side note I have dreamed of being multiple different people, I wouldnt doubt it if we has infinate lives going on in infinate dimentions including this one. Dont matter we are the seer and seen, all is but the singularity cant get around it.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:42 PM
Does it matter who I am ? Everything passes. Everything flows. Everything continues. This is all merely a cosmic fluke in space time. Our whole existence is nothing but an eye blink, a small droplet of water in a vast cosmic ocean teeming with matter. And there is nothing that we can do to change that fact. Within a few hundred years everyone you know around you will be dead, including you. Billions of years have gone by before us, and billions of years will go by after us. Before I was born, I didn't know of a thing. So I won't after I die. It seems a welcoming thought to me. And thus I've completely accepted death, and welcomed it.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>