It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Think Should Happen To North Korea Due To The Hack/AttacK?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
From leaking personal info and such
To acts of terrorism threats
From paranoid actors
To more terrorism threats.

North Korea has always been a small baby who always tries to get their way with threats/promises that they never accomplish.

Their newest threat is that they will strike areas of the US if the US retaliates against NK cause of the hacks.

Here's another interesting thing:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Obama say that hacking (like the way NK did, not hacking in general) is an act of war and terrorism?

Well once again Obama has changed his words/promises. He states that NK's hack was an act of vandalism, not war...

With all this happening, and things going NK's way this time...what do you think the US or someone else, should do about this?

Should the US retaliate (war, sanctions, cyber war, etc)? Or should the US put some warnings (that they will probably never actually take action for if something happens) up to any cyber hackers out there?

Do you think that what Obama is trying to say is "It's Sony's problem"? But if so, then what about the threats towards the US?

I personally think that any country or organization hacking another country or organization should be a threat. The US or atleast someone should retaliate against NK in some way, but not something large scale. Companies like Sony should start investing in Cyber security as well. The amounts of hacks and DDoS attacks lately seem to be quite worrisome...

Feel free to talk about anything related to the current issue, but try to not get too off topic.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
First I think the evidence linking this to NK should be established.

I mean really, as you seemed to have jumped on the crucify NK bandwagon so quickly, what is the tangible proof you are going off of.

As far as what Obama has to say about anything, I do not pay attention. He has established himself as a bankster puppet long ago, so why would I be surpised by him doing what he does, deflecting of attention from real issues.

The timing of this "attack" is absolutely laughable.

The propaganda game continues to impress me with how easy it is to guide Americans away from the corrupt politicians/military/corporate intersts that are destryoing this country with every law they pass to the latest CIA scripted version of events we are meant to discuss and ask questions like the OP has stated.
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmSunday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Maybe we should start with the evidence that NK was behind this, and take it from there.
Otherwise you are just crying "Osama Bin laden" again...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

Correct me if I'm wrong,

You're wrong.

21stcenturywire.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Is there any hard proof North Korea did the deed? I haven't seen any yet so it's kind of hard to say what should happen next to the bad ole NK.

Sony however are a bunch of idiots who should have secured their systems if they were going to spout crap. If they are going to leave the door open with juicy stuff on the counter and nobody watching, expect the juicy stuff to get picked up and walked out the door. What a bunch of morons...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yeah I do know that there isn't any official proof.

From what I have read, the attack come from outside of NK, but was lead by NK.

But from all we know, it can all be false.

But with the current news, and stuff that is "being stated by NK", I can say it's NK.
But I still have an open mind and always think of it not being caused by NK.

I was thinking the other day that the threats made towards the movie were just a diversion to make people and agencies like the FBI, think that NK was behind everything. Don't worry, I don't believe everything I am told or I read (;

Even if it's not NK, the point of this thread is "What If It Was NK".

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: KuroodoSony however are a bunch of idiots who should have secured their systems if they were going to spout crap. If they are going to leave the door open with juicy stuff on the counter and nobody watching, expect the juicy stuff to get picked up and walked out the door. What a bunch of morons...

Cheers - Dave

Yeah, and it's pathetic that they haven't learned anything from the Play Station Network hack some years ago. I guess they got too comfortable to even think about securing their data and having better defenses.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Within about 30 seconds of connecting any new device to the internet it starts to get hacked, privacy on the internet is an oxymoron. I think Sony should get an Oscar for their performance and all the media hype it has generated.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Totally agree. They deserve a nobel device-prize

Seriously, you need to bring all the Snowden revelations, the Wikileaks & manning stuff into this, and you end up with something like PRISM. Some uber-nazi scheme to wiretap the whole world! Naaah.. Thats what the evul communists would do!

So no way! North Korea was behind this! Bad bad country!

/lacking evidence...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It didn't take me long into your post to see the error of your assumptions that need to be considered . Laying aside the MSM propaganda do you have definitive prof that it was actually NK ? We now know that Benghazi was not because of a YT vid so the POTUS lost credibility to tell the truth along with Hibality Clifton . This whole NK did it wont wash for those watching the pea ....NK by all sources puts their IT capabilities stuck in a cave man mentality and as well as their ability to pose a threat to even SK let alone the USA . a reply to: Kuroodo

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I think they should point everyone to WillTells OP in Top Topics and then thumb their noses at everyone who blamed them.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

It doesn't make any sense to me that NK did this. What do they have to gain? NK always has an end-game whenever they stir the pot, usually to get food. I don't see an end game here.

I find it hard to believe they were behind this. I find it more likely a hacker groupndid this. Guardians of Peace = GOP? Someone did this for the lulz.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceRupertsDog

I'm baffled too. The North Korean "regime" wanted to help with the investigation, but was turned downed by another regime...

A North Korean official said on Saturday that the secretive regime wants to mount a joint investigation with the secretive regime of United States to identify who was behind the cyber attack against Sony Pictures.

An unnamed spokesman of the North Korean foreign ministry was quoted by the country's state news agency, KCNA, describing US claims they were behind the hack as "slander."

source

Ohh and yes i did change the title a bit, as it was highly speculative. "secretive regimes..."

Why dont the US extend their hand, and say ok, lets work together on this. What can be lost with the US PRISM program... shouldn't they "know" ? ... oh wait!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
More likely it was N(o) S(uch) A(gency) or C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) behind the hacking ... rather than nk .. making lil kim the scapegoat to
1. push internet restrictions in the west
2. push anti- piracy / hacking ( unless of course its done by the appropriate government agency.. )
3. an excuse to build up western presence in asia ..
4. distract from failed domestic policies and problems ...

And as usual the american public will blindly believe the bovine fecal matter their government feeds them and jump on the lynch lil kim bandwagon ..

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

You mean the "Never Say Anything", with the "Cocaine Import Agency" got together, and would for once and for all foil any future attempts on shady financial transfers for US companies to avoid the clearly unfair high tax % in Europe, Asia and middle-east too? At the same time taking down NK leader.

They just caught Disney over here, again!... its rather disgusting to watch uncle scrooge these days...
Tax Scandal

This is the end goal. Shutting up all these whistleblowers? Or to maintain a carte-blance against sensitive economic information? One gotta protect the economic hitman... as of IMF ?
, under the pretense of intellectual property... hmmm .. well played!

edit on 22/12/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't know what the US gov is up to at the moment.

In the first place, why make an outrageously provocative movie about the assassination of the actual (not even fictional) leader of NK?

Who thought that was a good idea?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Turn their 3rd world country into glass...

No?

Too strong?

Ok then, how about release "The interview" on Christmas?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I think this event is a (red flag) warning and we need to pay attention.

And...when North Korea says they will attack the U.S. and the mainland...I personally don't think they mean with guns etc....I think they may try to knock out some of our power grids etc.

What should we do to North Korea? I really don't know...but I do strongly feel that the United States better get ready to deal with more cyber warfare.

edit on 2014-12-22T01:36:41-06:00amMondayam22201412America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: add more

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Sanctions? That will help?
Just look at how the "free democratic fantasy world of Iraq" turned out...

No Hobbit movie 4 you! That will teach 'em!

edit on 22/12/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
a reply to: caladonea

Sanctions? That will help?
Just look at how the "free democratic fantasy world of Iraq" turned out...

No Hobbit movie 4 you! That will teach 'em!

Your reply has me puzzled...I did not mention anything about sanctions in my reply.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join