It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dish Network dumps Fox News setting off social media war on Facebook

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I apologize if I took the incorrect meaning from your post. Most who rail on Fox News do so because they believe anyone who watches it must be some raving neo-con. If that was not your intent I wholeheartedly apologize.

I humbly accept your apology. My complaint was with television as a source of information in general.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

Ah, I can really understand that. All in all Television media is a terrible information source. It's not even news anymore, it's entertainment mostly disguised as something legitimate. There are gems you can pluck from the veritable dumpster of BS they spew out, but they're rare.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

actually if you watch closely when they first report something you should write it down because that is the news minus the cover up that happens. Those updates to their stories come from the policy makers in most cases.

Another fun thing to watch is the colors they display on the screen when they report something. Depending on the left or right spin they will use different graphics and even their attire matches their attitudes often.

Take the la. senator mary landrue for example when she made her racist comments about her state and it cost her seat she was wearing a big red shirt. It is no coincidence that colors effect us and our perception.

When we invade a country they use red color scheme but when the towers fell they used a blue scheme.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I'm more of the belief that most media mistakes early on in the reporting process is part of the "drive" for them to be "FIRST ON THE SCENE" and have the most of up-to-date info. They'll report unsubstantiated reports as true simply to take a gamble for the honor of saying it was "exclusive".

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

that is also true but those first reports will be the only ones that have not been put through the spin machine yet and contain the most valuable info. in most cases it is closer to truth than the politacly correct versions. don't believe the hype

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Judging from the ratings, they could remove cnn from the lineup and nobody would notice.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Judging from the ratings, they could remove cnn from the lineup and nobody would notice.

And has what to do with this? This isn't about ratings.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Sure it does.
fox gets high ratings. They want paid more for the station. Dish disagrees and dropped the station.
now they compromise.
Higher ratings equal higher rates.

here is a breakdown. Fox is the third most expensive.

www.tvweek.com...

edit on 22-12-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: added link

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

This type of thing happens all the time with satellite providers.

I have DirecTV and a few months ago there was a possiblity that they were going to drop AMC. During The Walking Dead and emergency alert like sound and a banner would scroll across the top of the screen stating something along the lines of: You are risk of losing AMC on DirecTV. Please call your satellite provider and sign our online petition to keep AMC on DirecTV. It stopped midway through the season, so I guess they worked out their contract dipute.

My parents have Dish and love FOX news, lol! FOX is always on in their house, theyre going to be upset, lol!
edit on 22-12-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

You should read that. There is more to pricing than ratings.
And I still don't see why CNN was brought into this.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
it's all about the money that dish wants to get from FOX's advertising dollars. these stations make millions from boner pills to dish detergent...go look at cat videos on you tube, they get millions of hits....not much is needed as far as content any more to get a couple of million viewers...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Ratings don't always mean big advertising dollars.
pro wrestling always got great rating but many businesses don't want their commercials ran during those programs. They don't want to be associated with the violence.
Disney Channel probably gets toys adds by the truck load but not to many budweiser adds.
There is way more to it than just ratings.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

a reply to: jimmyx

Ratings don't always mean big advertising dollars.
pro wrestling always got great rating but many businesses don't want their commercials ran during those programs. They don't want to be associated with the violence.
Disney Channel probably gets toys adds by the truck load but not to many budweiser adds.
There is way more to it than just ratings.

It's funny, if you watch Cartoon Network, it's all toy ads and mommy commercials, but the moment [Adult Swim] hits the air at night, it's all doritos, mature video games, stuff marketed at the 20-30 nerdy crowd

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Know your audience right?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
They "Dish Me A Merry Christmas" ?

Really, give me back my Fox News and Fox Business.

I guess I'm the only person in North America that admits he watches Fox News.

Bite Me, I do...#1 for over 5 years but no one under 80 watches it.

I might cancel and do off air and PC...Or just steal Cable like Liberals do...😎

I do

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Know your audience right?

Exactly.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join