It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halo 2 - Military Propaganda?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I somehow doubt Halo 2 is a military propaganda machine, its simply a game with a good novel series and fun gameplay.

Now if you don't mind i'm off to kick some alien ass half way around the galaxy

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I somehow doubt Halo 2 is a military propaganda machine, its simply a game with a good novel series and fun gameplay.

Now if you don't mind i'm off to kick some alien ass half way around the galaxy

No, no it really is propaganda. The flood is real and they're storing it somewhere...like on a Pacific island or Area 51. No, wait, Area 51 is where they test all the top-secret captured Covenant vehicles. Strange how nobody seems to know how Bungee supposedly obtained this information, because either it did or the military owns Bungee.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Play the game, the whole thing is a military jerkfest.

Compare halo 1 with halo 2, did halo 1 have anything to do with being in a middle eastern street and fighting door to door in clay houses? no. Why should number 2? They were supposed to continue the storyline from the first, not turn it into some cliche crying eagle US army drama

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
(double post)

[edit on 7-1-2005 by electric squid carpet]

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet

Compare halo 1 with halo 2, did halo 1 have anything to do with being in a middle eastern street and fighting door to door in clay houses? no. Why should number 2? They were supposed to continue the storyline from the first, not turn it into some cliche crying eagle US army drama

Actually, the first two levels are in Africa. And I haven't played anything but multiplay on 2 (I don't own it.). One of my friends has 1 and I've seen the ending, and I knew what they were setting it up for. If they had a Pacific or European level would you say they were copying MoH?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
First of, that's creative thinking, second, u raise a good point, the year is 2552, so y is it that we're driving cars, trucks, and vans from today's era???
No offense Bungie, but also, on the "Outskirts" Level, it doesn't look that new, but the limited edition says y though, I c where u can get the idea from, but I'm not with u 100%, sry. ^_^

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Originally posted by Mr Lukas
erm..... i dont wanna interupt anything but .... shouldnt we be debating conspiracys and the such?.. but yeah anyway.. halo 2 did suck

Halo 2 sucked, are you insane, why do you think it is bad, are you alergic to near perfection, is it to hard for you, can you not adapt to not having the pistol, if you dont like halo 2 then what do you like, Powderpuff girls, superman?

dude take a pill. I found it to be a major dissapointment.

Also, I dont see the real life connection between halo and the real world. In halo you are being kicked around by an alien race that has technology far superior than that of human kind. Last I looked, religious terrorists are all panzies that hide around and kill innocent people, using whatever cheap junk they can get their slimy hands on to do it.

Sorry, no connection. Case closed

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Geeze people get this through your skullz

the first two levels on halo 2 were in old and new mombasa, inAFRICA, not the middle east. I cant stress this enough. Clay houses doesnt mean middle east.

Clay houses are all over the place, do some research.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish

Geeze people get this through your skullz

the first two levels on halo 2 were in old and new mombasa, inAFRICA, not the middle east. I cant stress this enough. Clay houses doesnt mean middle east.

Clay houses are all over the place, do some research.

Come on, any reasonable American knows that all foreigners live in mud houses and wear fur hats.
Anyway, clay houses could mean anywhere from Morocco to India, but chances are, in the event Earth is unified, they'd probably modernize some areas over the course of several hundred years. And exactly why are we still using the same equipment five hundred years from now? That's about as reasonable as people in the 1500s thinking that in 2000 they'd still be using muskets. Now we're building robots. But in the future, we have space craft, but the same jeeps? No, wait; actually, a Humvee is a better combat platform than a Warthog. It can't be military propaganda, it isn't even halfway realistic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join