It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for an odd religious painting ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think. I'm pretty sure I read about an odd painting On ATS that resides in North or South America. I've searched and searched but I'm having no luck. The odd thing about the painting is in its eyes. If I remember correctly, it reflects an army or something that is believed to be impossible to paint. My search isn't limited to this painting, I'm searching for unexplainable religious "artifacts" similar to The Shroud. I thought there was a thread about this stuff already existing, but like I mentioned, I'm having no luck locating it. I am not looking for popular relics such as that Saint's hand or John The Babtist's severed head(?). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You may be thinking of the Tilma from the virgin of Guadalupe.

It's eyes show the reflection of the recipient giving it to the local bishop.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If you want someone to help you then you need to lay out a very detailed description of the piece of art. Everything you can remember, no detail too small. I've been all over the world and to every major art museum in Europe.
Your current description could fit hundreds of art works in Europe alone. But you said it is probably in the America's.

There are lots of people here who would be willing to help but you need to give a much clearer description of what you are looking for, every single detail you can recall, no matter how small, about the painting, where you saw it (even if in a magazine), what the wall it hung on looked like etc.

Good luck, hope you find it.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

Our Lady of Guadalupe

Then in 1929 and 1951 photographers found a figure reflected in the Virgin's eyes; upon inspection they said that the reflection was tripled in what is called the Purkinje effect, commonly found in human eyes.[67] An ophthalmologist, Dr. Jose Aste Tonsmann, later enlarged an image of the Virgin's eyes by 2500x and claimed to have found not only the aforementioned single figure, but images of all the witnesses present when the tilma was first revealed before Zumárraga in 1531, plus a small family group of mother, father, and a group of children, in the center of the Virgin's eyes, fourteen people in all.[68]

new topics

top topics

join