It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trailer Park Boys - How did I not know about this show sooner? Hilarious!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Dammit rickie!

But, Mr. Lehey!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Knock Knock

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
"Julian you think you are so smart because of your dumb book learning well your not that smart you're just showing off on frigging tv again"

Still my favorite show after all these years. John Dunsworth (Lahey) plays the best drunk I have ever seen, it is so convincing.

Ive often said TPB is a soap opera for dudes.

Now that they are putting out new seasons on Swearnet (Netflix) they are pushing it even more, as now they aren't bound by cable network rules.

Great thread hopefully some people will discover TPB that haven't already.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The entire series is comedic gold. I swear I've watched seasons 1-7 three times through and still laugh uncontrollably at every joke. I hear more of Rickie's misspoke puns and Bubbles' kitty jokes.

I was thrilled to see that Netflix picked them up and they are doing more seasons. Those three guys are going to be legends in the business. Plus all the separate movies and season highlights. If you watch them in order, you see each character evolve into themselves and they just get funnier.

Netflix has their Christmas special which shows Jrock before rap, Jim and Barb still together and the such. Genius!

Nomsayin' eeerit eeerit eeeeerrrrrrrr....J to the Rizzle!

Probably my favorite show to date and I don't watch TV.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: deuceawesome
"Julian you think you are so smart because of your dumb book learning well your not that smart you're just showing off on frigging tv again"

Still my favorite show after all these years. John Dunsworth (Lahey) plays the best drunk I have ever seen, it is so convincing.

Ive often said TPB is a soap opera for dudes.

Now that they are putting out new seasons on Swearnet (Netflix) they are pushing it even more, as now they aren't bound by cable network rules.

Great thread hopefully some people will discover TPB that haven't already.

Man, you are not kidding about Lehey acting like a drunk. It is amazing and so real looking.

I swear he reminds me of some of my relatives when they get skunk drunk.

It is by far my favorite show.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

It is the best!

I actually just watched that Christmas special over the weekend.

I'm kind of sad that I've already watched all available on Netflix. But, I've already watched some of my favorites episodes over again. Still just as funny as the first time.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Been watching since 2010. A fine show indeed. Season 9 is dropping in the spring.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Theprimevoyager

I cannot wait to watch it!

Thanks for letting me know.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
TPB rate right up there with Monty Python and Benny Hill and Black Adder. I had never even heard of TPB until this thread.

The US is to uptight for this type of humor.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
They spent awhile filming in my town and after the initial spotting of both Ricky and Julian,the fab wore off. Having streets and businesses closed downtown for filming got annoying and the final straw for me was closing off part of the mall after I had walked two hours to get to a certain store,and it was blocked off that day so they could film a scene. Hard to get star struck and appreciate the show when you are tripping over it and it interferes with your life. I appreciate what the guys have done though,and for sure they have helped put the province on the map.
edit on 30-12-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
TPB rate right up there with Monty Python and Benny Hill and Black Adder. I had never even heard of TPB until this thread.

The US is to uptight for this type of humor.

Well, I'm glad this thread was able to turn you in the show's direction. Seems like it is a hidden comedic gem to a lot of folks.

I've never laughed so hard watching a t.v. show.

Love Monty Python movies!

Most people just do not get my sense of humor. Most people I know only find poop and fart jokes funny.

I agree with you, the US is way too uptight for this.

Enjoy watching the rest of the episodes. It really does seem to get funnier the more you watch.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
They spent awhile filming in my town and after the initial spotting of both Ricky and Julian,the fab wore off. Having streets and businesses closed downtown for filming got annoying and the final straw for me was closing off part of the mall after I had walked two hours to get to a certain store,and it was blocked off that day so they could film a scene. Hard to get star struck and appreciate the show when you are tripping over it and it interferes with your life. I appreciate what the guys have done though,and for sure they have helped put the province on the map.

That stinks for you!

This fan right here appreciates your sacrifices though.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I binge watched all eight seasons of this show and all of the movies (excluding the live events) because of this thread.

The OP definitely has my belly.

My image of Canadians as drunk and stoned pushovers is solidified.

God bless America.

Ok ok, the bit about my view of Canadians being shaped by this show is a joke.

I made it because after watching the show I set off online to learn some legit things about Canadians. Which quickly turned into me watching YouTube videos about how the rest of the world perceives Americans.

1. Florida does not represent the USA in its entirety.
2. IHOP sucks. Why does every foreigner love it?
edit on 1-13-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Sounds a lot like "Party Down South". Similar concept except guys and gals. We'll likely even be in the background of an episode in a week or so, as they were filming it in a nearby city, and we happened to be eating in the same restaurant when they were filming, and got seated right next to their tables. If you see a table where one gal has blue hair (my daughter), one has red (my pseudo-daughter), and one has purple (my wife), that's us. Probably only see my bald spot, lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Lol despite what I just told you in another thread.... I really love 'Eastbound and Down'.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Funny.

We had never seen the other show (Party Down South) before, but started watching it, looking for the episode we may be on. Look for one where they are in St. Petersburg, FL. Probably next week's episode. This show is a real train wreck.

I have to check out this Trailer Park Boys show though, the clips were pretty funny. Total trash TV, but now and then, you just gotta laugh......

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Yeah I'll look out for these (he says, the non TV watcher). I really do recommend Eastbound and Down.

With regards to these shows being trash - I think the opposite is true. Whilst being crass and crude their observations of human behaviour which are in turn acted out with brilliance makes me think the writers are comedy geniuses. More so than many.

These are all shows which are suffering the fate of not quitting whilst ahead though.

Have a good weekend

edit on 13-3-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I know the Party Down South show isn't scripted, just from watching the filming of it. Edited like crazy, no doubt, and probably a few prompts here and there, but not scripted.

If nothing else, these "trash" TV shows at least make you feel better about yourself.

posted on Feb, 27 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So I searched and found this thread. Watched some episodes this morning and still laughing. Has been a very busy past couple of weeks and I certainly needed the laughs.

posted on Feb, 28 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Knock Knock

LOL.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join