It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer shot and killed in Florida

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Apparently this hasn't been posted yet, not sure why. (Search yielded no results)

Officer shot

A police officer in Tarpon Springs, Florida, was shot and killed early Sunday, a sheriff's spokeswoman said. A suspect is in custody. The fatal shooting occurred in a residential area in the predawn hours, said Cecilia Barreda from the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

Is this going to become "a thing" in the US?

Violence [of this fashion] is not the answer! It just isn't...

Cause and effect....this will lead to nothing good.

I don't know what else to say, I'm burned out on the other threads regarding the NYC police shooting...

Is this related? An isolated incident? What say you?

What is your impression of the guy CNN interviewed here? (More on that, potentially, later)

This will lead no where good.

ETA....this:

I did not put this in the "Breaking News" forum. (noted that the first time I attempted to post this but I lost that one because I forgot to add the title)

I am not sure I want to see it become "a thing" that we all watch, with some morbid "who's next" curiosity...
edit on 21-12-2014 by Jakal26 because: Clarified by the ETA...added here to eliminate another post.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Its unavoidable.

The economy is in the #ter, people are totally soulless and have had the empathy driven out of them by the selfish materialistic greed paradigm and the family has been effectively destroyed.

bunch of empty soulless drones going around doing whatever the tv tells them.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
added comment to OP...

edit on 21-12-2014 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Agreed.

*goes back to enjoying his beer and trying to imagine a better world.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Personally I don't think its related. From what I understand the Florida cop was killed by a transient while answering a call for service.

The fact that the officer was ex-NYPD is interesting to me, but not in anything more than a passing way. I'm sure somebody will come along with a conspiracy soon enough though.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This will soon be seen as nothing unusual.

& this has been building up so long that it's impossible to point fingers at anyone and say they're solely to blame.

Some will blame Mr.Obama.
Some will blame Civil Rights activists.
Some will blame the Police.
Some will blame the Media.

Some will blame all of these...

Maybe it's just Humanity as a whole, I'm starting to think that it is now.
Worse things happened today...
Worse things will happen tomorrow...

Humanity is a Virus.

Mother Earth needs some anti-biotics.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think the reality of the situation is that cops die every day. They have a dangerous job and a lot of people have a grudge against police even without the media over-hyping recent events to work people into a frenzy.. I honestly don't think we'd even be hearing about this if not for the current atmosphere in this country.

Once a topic is part of our society's daily conversation, people will bring news like this to the table as supplemental information to consider when regarding the larger topic. I don't know that this act was spurred on by the public's opinion on police brutality - it is probably just another wacko doing crazy crap.

But I guess we can all expect to see these types of events thrown on the pile for the next few months until some other totally arbitrary "cause" takes the spotlight.

edit on 21-12-2014 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Maybe it's just Humanity as a whole, I'm starting to think that it is now. Worse things happened today... Worse things will happen tomorrow... Humanity is a Virus. Mother Earth needs some anti-biotics.

Profound words, my friend....profound words.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

I don't know that this act was spurred on by the public's opinion on police brutality - it is probably just another wacko doing crazy crap.

Well, the guy's alive, so maybe we'll find out....?....

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I feel this is an isolated incident. The guy they are interviewing is a meth head. So that leads me to believe the people around there are low-lifes. It only pure speculation on my part but I do tend to trust my gut. Most people do not want to get shot or give up their cozy little world to hunt police. If it does escalate, there will be more severe steps taken.

I took this from the whole situation. If the police are not even safe, it's time to buy more weapons for personal protection. Call me crazy but I'm not going out like that.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
This will soon be seen as nothing unusual.

& this has been building up so long that it's impossible to point fingers at anyone and say they're solely to blame.

Some will blame Mr.Obama.
Some will blame Civil Rights activists.
Some will blame the Police.
Some will blame the Media.

Some will blame all of these...

Maybe it's just Humanity as a whole, I'm starting to think that it is now.
Worse things happened today...
Worse things will happen tomorrow...

Humanity is a Virus.

Mother Earth needs some anti-biotics.

Don't think he was black so no story here...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
I took this from the whole situation. If the police are not even safe, it's time to buy more weapons for personal protection. Call me crazy but I'm not going out like that.

Wait what? It's time? You are not already set? Hmmm

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I am in the sticks and armed. Thank you. I lived in Detroit for a long time but guess what? I moved!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This story was run in the Indianapolis newspaper.

Tarpon Springs police shooting

You can see the area better from google earth.
28° 8'51.18"N 82°45'31.68"W the apartments are on the right and there is a mansion on the left.

The police tied one end of their scene tape to the stone wall of the private estate owned by a convicted drug lord.
Got caught with over a million dollars worth of blow..

Drug lord

May not be directly related, but its suspicious..

The suspect accused of killing the former NYC police officer had a drug warrant and was making a ruckus across the street looking for an informant that got him arrested.

There is a video of the Sheriffs walking the perp on this link.

www.tampabay.com...

edit on 21-12-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Damn, I moved from Detroit and the # keeps following me. I'm just outside Ocala, Florida. The teeth and acne from hell gave him away not to mention the hollowed face and sunken eye sockets. It's easy to see the bad guys at least.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

Detroit IS America now, i know ive lived all over the country the last few years.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

I am in the sticks and armed. Thank you. I lived in Detroit for a long time but guess what? I moved!

Lost, you and I both brother. I wanted out of Detroit for almost as long as I can remember, so I live in a swamp now and believe me, I like it tons more here. The natural environment of my swampy home is at least honest, in comparison, Detroit is just a cesspool pretending to be a way of life. IMO people aren't meant to live in the urban environment and that is at the root of the problem.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It's starting to look that way. I did join the military, so I did get some valuable skills. I just want to be left alone. If people don't start none, there won't be none.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I feel this is an isolated incident. The guy they are interviewing is a meth head. So that leads me to believe the people around there are low-lifes. It only pure speculation on my part but I do tend to trust my gut. Most people do not want to get shot or give up their cozy little world to hunt police. If it does escalate, there will be more severe steps taken.

Most people did not favor the American Revolution. I've read a lot of studies on just how much of the population you need in support to create an uprising and they seem to hover between 1% and 10% of the fighting bodied populace. If we take that at the largest number of 10% you're talking 10% of people between 20 and 50 without family interests to look after. That's what... 2% of the total population? I'm not saying if these actions against police are right or wrong (and I dislike that I can't decide this) but I think we've hit that critical mass. These incidents are becoming frighteningly common.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I read the same thing. I just can't quite place where. I agree, we do have room for alarm. It's being manipulated on purpose. I speculate more than I should at times but it really doesn't look good. I would be all for it if I knew the people who came into power were not going to make it worse. I will never accept innocent people getting hurt. The rest can burn in hell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join