It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Government Was Really Dedicated To Serving The People...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Puppytoven

Government assistance isn't supposed to be luxury. It's SUPPOSED to be a stopgap measure until you can afford to live on your own. The politicians in office don't need government assistance because they can afford to live without it just fine.

If you have a problem with the assistance that the government is providing, then improve your income so you don't need it anymore.

I am not on general assistance. I actually am doing okay, I actually couldn't get it when I DID need it though. Do you really think poor people don't try? Do you think poor people are to blame for their situations? Obviously there are those in any society that make their own misery, but is not limited to the poor. So that aside, do you think the poor don't try to make it better for themselves? And the higher ups in government tend to make that their full time job. Yes, they were doing just fine before their calling to serve the people (which is the crap they tell us when they want to be elected), but to truly fix the system is to truly understand what exactly needs to be fixed. And the only way to truly understand is to go through it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppytoven

I don't think any of those things, but your thread comes off as someone complaining that they aren't getting everything they want from government assistance. You make some good points, but your reasoning is flawed.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Actually it isn't flawed. It's meant to be taken at face value and there is nothing else. I honestly think that those in office would fix this broken system -- be it general assistance or any program or policy that they put into place that makes things much more difficult than it needs to be -- it'd all be fixed if they had to live in it. But they don't And they haven't for a long time. Guessing why i wrote the post in the first place is irrelevant and flawed. It's like wondering why I chose to look at this site in the first place. Who cares?

<< 1   >>

join