It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subscribing to a thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Dear ATS,

This has been bothering me for quite some time. Occasionally in the past, I have checked the Subscribe option while viewing a thread because I want to check back on it later. Later, when I go to view 'My ATS' and view my Subscribed threads, every thread I've ever posted in is on my subscribed page. This is irritating and forces to me to go into My ATS and delete the threads I did not actually choose to subscribe to. Because of the limited number of threads allowed in the subscribed threads category, I also lose the threads I really wanted to subscribe to. Is there a way to only have threads in the subscribed category that are submitted by myself via pressing the subscribe button? I currently have 34 Threads in my subscribed list yet only a few I actually chose to subscribe to. So now, like in the past, I must spend time to delete almost all of them while only having a few of the threads I really wanted to subscribe to.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

When you post a reply you automatically subscribe.

I think you can unsubscribe to those threads the same way you subscribe.

If not, hopefully a mod will be here soon to explain.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You know that simply replying on a thread such scribes you to it, right? That's probably why you have more threads in you myATS than you physically clicked the button to subscribe to.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If I click the icon showing a down arrow, then "subscriptions", I see about 400 threads I'm subscribed to, which is a lot more than you can see on MyATS, so that's an alternative to see more of your subscribed threads. As others explained, you don't have to click the "subscribe" button to subscribe to a thread, just posting in it automatically subscribes you, but you can unsubscribe those.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
But don't you find, viewing on the MyATS page, that subscribed threads drop out of view if there haven't been any replies within a set period?
That should in itself reduce the number of visible subscribed threads, unless you post in many more continually active threads than I do.

join