It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The whole criminal justice system relies on the good will and good judgement of LEO's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Top NY cops blame the mayor, protesters, Obama and everyone else but the guilty party.

Putting the integrity of the US criminal justice system on full display. Pay attention.

If they aren't blaming the actual perpetrator for the crime, what makes you think they are worthy of conducting actual criminal investigations?
The true modus of police work exposed for all to see. Don't believe me? that's fine. Watch it unfold for yourself.

Enforcing laws in a lawful manner isn't the intent or the goal. They are training and equipping for a military occupation against the will of citizens. They will enlist as many apologists and wannabes as they can but it won't work. It only illustrates their true values and intent.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Maybe some people think the Mayor, protesters, Obama and everyone else put the idea in the guilty party's head to begin with.

Propaganda and psy-ops are powerful weapons.

Especially when aimed at the gullible.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

You're saying the whole entire Justice system is based entirely.. .your words..on arresting police officers?
Hardly. ..not even a little bit.. .the whole system huh? On law enforcement officers. Period? On them?
I don't think so.. .

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

what always amazes me about the system is....3 good independent witnesses can put away someone for murder for the rest of their life and even possibly death....but 3 good independent witnesses that have a ufo encounter are often considered crazy...

What is sad is you know there are a handful of people that are completely innocent doing time right now...living in hellish conditions, being abused, picked on...then released into the world now with an even bigger disadvantage because they are maybe a felon and can't find good work.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

If the whole criminal justice system relies on the good will and good judgement displayed by the current iteration of law enforcement officers then your nation is doomed to suffer under the yoke of racist totalitarian orientated halfwits who suffer from a uniform complex.

edit on 21-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Greetings, Happy Sabbath.. I have to dis-agree. I never received a "Citizen's Complaint" in the 14 yrs. I worked prior to being retired. So if I was still working I'd be just as guilty as some turd who has a vendetta that he has carried around since high school? The pre-judging (prejudice) reads a whole bunch like what prompted You to author this thread? Lump them all together huh? sounds fair...

MANY more police departments would run more smoothly if they were better represented by the community they serve. In the beat I worked it was 98% "other" and if You didn't adhere to protocol, then it was an uphill battle. That onus to learn the 'other cultures' is upon the cop and "many" are lazy.

I've been retired for 10 years now and in that time I've seen/noticed that way more jails are being run by "private business" (Prison industries is now a $3B/yr. business) This leads to the cops "booking" suspected folks into jail when before they'd be released via citation. The citizen taxpayer gets to funnel the $$ to the guys that OWN the jail. This is BULLSH''snip'' Now factor in ALL the guys that were incarcerated during the Crack War, they were sent up for 20-25 yrs. and they are just now getting out of prison. These guys are the Urban male that rocked up coc aine and made more $$$ than the sub-Urban male that snorted the powder (coc aine HCL) and received Probation..

In closing, You can't lump them all into One cell...(pun intended)

namaste

ALL Indians walk single file, at least the only One I knew did...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Growing up, I clearly remember newspaper articles about retiring police officers that after 30 years or so of being on the job they had never fired a shot in anger or even had drawn their weapon on another person.

Now, you convince me, why things have changed so drastically. Is it the fault of selected aspects of society or is it that the police officers of today must confront a hostile individual or crowd all too frequently? (Trick questions.)
edit on 21-12-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Many of us still go an entire career with discharging our weapons outside of training. But things like that make it hard to paint us all as bloodthirsty dudes looking to make our bones

edit on 21-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Smiley added

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Weird. I don't remember any training on military occupation. I must've been off that day.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The problem begins with the term itself. Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs) aren't supposed to "enforce" anything . Their only job is to arrest and detain suspects so the "law", the Real LAW system of courts and "LAW"yers can then apply justice.

"Enforcement" is the courts job, not LEO's. They change that idea in your mind by calling cops "Law Enforcement".

So yah, its broken out the gate.
edit on 21-12-2014 by intrptr because: spellling, enhancement

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

How modern leos see themselves.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If the whole criminal justice system relies on the good will and good judgement displayed by the current iteration of law enforcement officers then your nation is doomed to suffer under the yoke of racist totalitarian orientated halfwits who suffer from a uniform complex.

What an ignorant generalization.

First off, your description of LEOs (and all the ones you read about in the media overstepping their boundaries and using illegal tactics in the line of duty) defines a dramatic minority of all LEOs. If you believe otherwise, you're simply a victim of willful ignorance.

Second, to refer to "the current iteration of law enforcement officers" as "racist totalitarian orientated halfwits" really puts on display your own halfwitted stereotypes created by an MSM that over-emphasizes the terrible and refuses to discuss the majority of LEOs who only do good and perform their jobs properly.

To get back on point, the judicial system is nothing like what the OP describes in his title, and his rant in the body of his post has everything taken out of context--he has failed to understand what type of blame is being put on those named by the union chief, even though it's right there in the article to which he links (I'm thinking he didn't even read the article).

Willful ignorance is unacceptable, and there seems to be an overabundance when it comes to LEO bashing and generalization. I will never deny when a cop has done wrong--I think the LEOs in the Garner case in NY are prime examples--but to generalize in the ways you and the OP do only illigitimizes the entire discussion to the level of uninformed rantings when they could be meaningful conversations.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I call it how I see it im afraid. And if im in some way generalising and tarring all LEOs with the same brush its simply because they do the same to the general population most especially so regarding the lower classes of our society. After all what's good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

Point of fact, there paid to do a job and enforce the law of the land. There not paid to do as they please while hiding behind a badge as so many LEOs do these days. Corruption is rife in the law enforcement industry always has been always will be!

edit on 22-12-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

then you see it through a very myopic filter. just as not all civilians should be painted with the same brush, neither should all LE personnel. not all LE personnel view every civilian as the same. not all civilians view LE as the same. I know that classifying an entire group of people as "the same" is the easy way out intellectually, but as I said, it's pretty myopic.

there is corruption in LE, just as there is in every walk of life. there always has been, just as there always has been in every walk of life. to pretend there isn't is silly. but to pretend that ever LEO out there is corrupt is just as silly.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I totally agree that corruption is indeed present in just about ever walk of life. That being said LEOs hold a position of authority over us and in that situation one bad egg does indeed spoil the bunch.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

cool man. as I said, myopic. life must be much simpler and easier to comprehend when you can hate entire groups of people without ever having met the majority of them

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Life is seldom "simple" i'm afraid, Police officers however these days are synonymous with the word. I should probably also add, where did I ever say I hate anyone? I certainly hate what they have become or come to represent.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

referring to an entire group of people, the overwhelming majority of which you've never met, as "racist totalitarian orientated halfwits with a uniform complex" doesn't really imply tolerance in any form or degree of the word. but I really have no interest in continuing to debate it with you. you see no problem with the broad brush approach to life, and I think that approach is for small minded folks.

agree to disagree and move on with our lives

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I may not have met the overwhelming majority of Police officers, then again neither have you considering their numbers. I have however had my fair share of run ins with officers of the law that have indeed displayed racist and totalitarian actions toward not only myself but others present. I don't have any interest debating the issue any further with you ether. Least you remember your the one who replied to me. And on that note, good day to you sir.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
Greetings, Happy Sabbath.. I have to dis-agree. I never received a "Citizen's Complaint" in the 14 yrs. I worked prior to being retired. So if I was still working I'd be just as guilty as some turd who has a vendetta that he has carried around since high school? The pre-judging (prejudice) reads a whole bunch like what prompted You to author this thread? Lump them all together huh? sounds fair...

MANY more police departments would run more smoothly if they were better represented by the community they serve. In the beat I worked it was 98% "other" and if You didn't adhere to protocol, then it was an uphill battle. That onus to learn the 'other cultures' is upon the cop and "many" are lazy.

I've been retired for 10 years now and in that time I've seen/noticed that way more jails are being run by "private business" (Prison industries is now a $3B/yr. business) This leads to the cops "booking" suspected folks into jail when before they'd be released via citation. The citizen taxpayer gets to funnel the $$ to the guys that OWN the jail. This is BULLSH''snip'' Now factor in ALL the guys that were incarcerated during the Crack War, they were sent up for 20-25 yrs. and they are just now getting out of prison. These guys are the Urban male that rocked up coc aine and made more $$$ than the sub-Urban male that snorted the powder (coc aine HCL) and received Probation..

In closing, You can't lump them all into One cell...(pun intended)

namaste

ALL Indians walk single file, at least the only One I knew did...

I agree with you, in that, I believe the community has an obligation to support the officers in that neighbourhood. As well, I feel the officers need 'real time' 'on the spot' assistance from other social agencies because they aren't educated or trained in psychology, sociology, racial sensitivity, 'how to de-escalate violent situations'...you name it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join