It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Courts Find 99% guilty

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flint2011
Putin will not capitulate and it is very clear that he will not be a team player with those who demand he conform to there way of things when it goes against the grain of his Nation and culture.

Yes, I absolutely agree, Putin will never capitulate. I'm pretty sure the US has assumed this from the very beginning of the Ukraine conflict. I believe the whole focus of the US since this conflict began has been to ensure Putin isn't selected to remain President after his current term. They understand that the Russian people can be controlled enough by the media and simple ballot box stuffing techniques to not worry about changing their opinions. The US is directly targeting the Oligarchs and Russian rich. They have to be convinced that a Russia led by Putin with his policies will financially hurt them in a big way.

It is the only lever besides stationing massive forces in Poland to create another lever. The US success with Iran somewhat surprised even US Hawks and is now being refined and replayed for Russia. We'll see if Putin remains President and for how long.
edit on 29-12-2014 by noeltrotsky because: typo

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
a reply to: noeltrotsky

It is almost painfully obvious how intimidated they are by a much stronger and more intelligent population.

What's painful is your attempt to defend Russia, It's sad that you guys have to go to every thread and bash the US whenever Russia is shown in a bad light.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

I am not bashing the US. Do I agree with it's methods and foreign relations on Russia? Not entirely. But it's obvious as to what the West is doing and why for the most part. I think it's going further than it should but it's transparent enough to see that regime change is a big part of the US and EU's design. It just won't play out that way and Putin will end up isolated and so will all of Russia along with him and his cronies. It's a sad state of affairs for all of the Russian people and Russia as nation. It breaks my heart. Russia has come so far only to be threatened with the same isolation all over again. Everyone involved is at fault for the current situation.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

When Medevev took over as President people got excited and I remember saying it was still Putin in charge. He called the shots as Prime Minister and even transfer of certain Presidential powers were made to the PM's position there to accommodate Putin's grip. US diplomats like Medevev. He is a fair minded man with Moderate conservative values. However, he is a follower and not a true leader. I wish he would have stayed President. Much more could have been accomplished. It's been rumor for years that Putin was really pissed off at Medevev throughout his entire Presidency because he did things Putin didn't want.

If the Oligarchs ever had an ounce of ruler-ship in Russia it would be bled out for all it's worth within 2 decades. No matter what happens though. Chaos will be the end result if the West ever thinks it can get what it wants from Russia.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I am not bashing the US. Do I agree with it's methods and foreign relations on Russia? Not entirely. But it's obvious as to what the West is doing and why for the most part. I think it's going further than it should but it's transparent enough to see that regime change is a big part of the US and EU's design. It just won't play out that way and Putin will end up isolated and so will all of Russia along with him and his cronies. It's a sad state of affairs for all of the Russian people and Russia as nation. It breaks my heart. Russia has come so far only to be threatened with the same isolation all over again. Everyone involved is at fault for the current situation.

What gets me is people think this is some new thing when its been going on for a VERY long time. Russia would have no problem doing this this to the US if it had the upper hand.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Nothing new? The escalation is actually fairly new since the fall of the Soviet Union. We had a fair relationship at minimal on most things.
I guess we will never know now though. The US has never given Russia a chance to be an equal. I can understand why. But I don't know what Russia would do if it "Had an upper hand".
edit on 12-29-2014 by Flint2011 because: Typos

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Isn't the op a kind of finger pointing at them compared to ???? What is the point of the op ? Is he saying that Russia have a very efficient system compared to the Wests and if so ,shouldn't the question be why ? a reply to: noeltrotsky

Comparisons are only allowed if you aren't the one making it. Otherwise, be prepared to be called a "Russian living abroad" for not agreeing.
Russia may be corrupt, but without living there or working in the courts, you can only surmise that the US courts are more corrupt as they have 66% more population incarcerated than Russia per 100,000 people.

It boils down to, the prison system in any country makes money so try to jail/find guilty as many people as possible to keep the revenue coming.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
Russia may be corrupt, but without living there or working in the courts, you can only surmise that the US courts are more corrupt as they have 66% more population incarcerated than Russia per 100,000 people.

There is a world of difference between a 99% conviction rate and more people incarcerated in your system. The first speaks to an amazing, some would say superhuman, effort by police to always get their man...or massive corruption. The latter speaks to a judicial system that incarcerates more people for more crimes and may very well be fair or corrupt in the process.

I'll ignore your other comments as sour grapes for getting exposed in other threads.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Nothing new? The escalation is actually fairly new since the fall of the Soviet Union. We had a fair relationship

Agreed...it is a new development and a very dangerous one. US looks to be headed back to Republican leadership with Obama at historic lows in public opinion. I can see another Reganesque anti-Russia platform getting lots of votes and money after the election.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Like war being a money racket I guess the justice systems war on their own people is a similar racket ,where innocence is found guilty and guilty can be acquitted . peace and the best in the new year a reply to: superman2012

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

It boils down to, the prison system in any country makes money so try to jail/find guilty as many people as possible to keep the revenue coming.

To be honest, this is one of the most backwards things I've read in awhile. I don't know ANY COUNTRY that MAKES money on it's prison system. I'd like to see any proof of that statement.

The US has a small private prison system. However the government pays billions and billions every year to fund the whole system and no part of it whatsoever makes money. If the government isn't making money it has NO INCENTIVE to jail more people. The few businesses that provide jail services DO MAKE MONEY...but have absolutely no say in how many people the justice system send to jail.

"The US Department of Justice statistics show that, as of 2013, there were 133,000 state and federal prisoners housed in privately owned prisons in the US, constituting 8.4% of the overall U.S. prison population."
www.bjs.gov...

Proof please or your statement will have to have the BS label applied to it....

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

You may be interested to read this article
www.globalresearch.ca...

The prison industry complex is one of the fastest-growing industries in the United States and its investors are on Wall Street. “This multimillion-dollar industry has its own trade exhibitions, conventions, websites, and mail-order/Internet catalogs. It also has direct advertising campaigns, architecture companies, construction companies, investment houses on Wall Street, plumbing supply companies, food supply companies, armed security, and padded cells in a large variety of colors.”

Thanks to prison labor, the United States is once again an attractive location for investment in work that was designed for Third World labor markets. A company that operated a maquiladora (assembly plant in Mexico near the border) closed down its operations there and relocated to San Quentin State Prison in California. In Texas, a factory fired its 150 workers and contracted the services of prisoner-workers from the private Lockhart Texas prison, where circuit boards are assembled for companies like IBM and Compaq.

And ... There is sometimes a corruption if not outright slave hunting when a white cop arresting black guy with 3 grams of grass ...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

And ... There is sometimes a corruption if not outright slave hunting when a white cop arresting black guy with 3 grams of grass ...

Well being the fact it is still illegal in most states if he wasn't in one that you can have weed then he broke the law.

Now I am not saying it's right, but the slave hunting comment really wasn't called for.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

Read it previously and didn't like it. I find Global Research a difficult site with few facts and a heavily slanted view of the world being pumped out.

Thanks for adding it to the discussion thou....others may find it useful.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

US colonies started as a capitalistic slave factories and there are signs that it will also end as such.
The jump to neomodernity is too big for USA, your elites don't know how to change and inspire a lot of black population and Latinos to become "the last man" aka untermensh in Nitzshean terminology. They know how to manipulate "the last man" and they know how to make black man docile - that is enslavement. Obama experiment turned out to be a big failure.

Prepare for a hybrid type economy. And I'm not saying this just because I "hate USA" , I'm trying to stay objective.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

To be honest, this is one of the most backwards things I've read in awhile. I don't know ANY COUNTRY that MAKES money on it's prison system. I'd like to see any proof of that statement.

The US has a small private prison system. However the government pays billions and billions every year to fund the whole system and no part of it whatsoever makes money. If the government isn't making money it has NO INCENTIVE to jail more people. The few businesses that provide jail services DO MAKE MONEY...but have absolutely no say in how many people the justice system send to jail.

"The US Department of Justice statistics show that, as of 2013, there were 133,000 state and federal prisoners housed in privately owned prisons in the US, constituting 8.4% of the overall U.S. prison population."
www.bjs.gov...

Proof please or your statement will have to have the BS label applied to it....

Just because YOU don't know of any country, doesn't mean it isn't so. Try google, it'll help you out. lol

linky poo for you

Edit:
Same label will apply to your claim. Let's see your proof....

However the government pays billions and billions every year to fund the whole system and no part of it whatsoever makes money.

edit on 1-1-2015 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Just because YOU don't know of any country, doesn't mean it isn't so. Try google, it'll help you out. lol

linky poo for you

Your link provides no evidence of any country in the world making money from putting people in prison. Fail

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

There is a world of difference between a 99% conviction rate and more people incarcerated in your system. The first speaks to an amazing, some would say superhuman, effort by police to always get their man...or massive corruption. The latter speaks to a judicial system that incarcerates more people for more crimes and may very well be fair or corrupt in the process.

I'll ignore your other comments as sour grapes for getting exposed in other threads.

There was no "exposing" at all[snip].

Do you work there? Do you have intimate knowledge of it?
Also, incarcerated difference between US and Russia is huge, when you look at the US's 97% conviction rate...but you didn't know that did you.
Feeling exposed? lol
edit on Thu Jan 1 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Also, incarcerated difference between US and Russia is huge, when you look at the US's 97% conviction rate...but you didn't know that did you.
Feeling exposed? lol

Of course your stats are WRONG. The US Federal system has a 93% conviction rate in criminal cases.
"Of the 87,709 defendants terminated during Fiscal Year
2012, 80,963, or 93 percent, either pled guilty or were
found guilty. See Table 3. The rate of conviction
remained over 90 percent, as it has since Fiscal Year 2001."

www.justice.gov...
Page 8, second to last bullet point

The 97% you quote might be the number of defendants that plead guilty without a trial, last bullet point same page...but I don't know, it's your wrong number so only you know where it comes from.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

linky poo for you

Your link provides no evidence of any country in the world making money from putting people in prison. Fail

Corporations that sponsor the government make on prisons. Are you denying a privately owned prison system in the US?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join