It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops go ballistic on 'misbehaving' preschooler

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrunkYogi
If this doesn't sound like a police state i don't know what does.

But, but...we aren't as bad as North Korea so therefore we can not be in a police state.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA
Really you have strong convictions, do you respect everyone you meet in a social situation, or do they respect you? Chances are no, you do not respect everyone on a social situation, nor do they respect you. And like most people in this country, there is discipline around, to ensure that even though you may or may not respect a person, you are going to behave. It is called the law of course.

I am not saying that a person needs a gun or cuffs to be in control over a 4 year old child, but they do need the authority and the backing of the rules and laws to be able to handle an unruly child.

The reality is that most school districts are forbidden by law and rules, to allow the staff any sort of ability to handle unruly children. That means if a child is misbehaving, or being disruptive, and refuses to calm down, then the plan of action, is that they call the police and hand such over to the police to deal with. And this was set in motion when many of us were children growing up. Oh it did not happen all at once, and not overnight, it was a nudge here, a push there, and slowly society started to change, and ultimately have to conform to laws that were passed. Take a good look at the school policies and the laws of the state, it is clear in many cases that if a child misbehaves, law enforcement is the first to be called, to deal and handle said unruly children. And in Virginia, where this happened, there are laws on the books, where the child is given the most protection and the school is incapable of dealing with an unruly child.
The schools hands are tied, how would you have handled the situation, mind you that with all that have occurred before in the recent country the choices may be very limited as to what can be done. Many have mentioned, called the parents, now the choice is eat or electricity. Many jobs are not going to be so kind as to pay a person to go deal with an unruly child that is misbehaving in school, and while they may give the parent time off, there will be a reduction in that week’s pay. And the school still has to deal with the child, and its options are limited, very limited. Can’t touch the child, that is against the law. Can’t restrain or confine the child, that is criminal, can’t let the child go home, that would be criminal, and can’t have the child still be unruly on site, as now that is disturbing to the other children. What is a school to do, but only follow the laws, and that is to call the police.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

It's Child Abuse in a Police State.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze
Ah but the laws are clear. If the school does anything to try to keep order, it has to be done in a non physical way, that means no punishment what so ever, beyond in school suspension or expulsion from the school. So if a school is unable to do anything, what is a school to do?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

No DA in the country is going to prosecute a teacher for taking an unruly 4 year old child out of a classroom by the hand.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to see an instance of conviction.

You try to take the child out of the classroom...to where? The child kicks screams bites and lays down?
What do you do? Already he may have caused himself marks from where you hold his hand, the words to explain are nothing like what is happening, you will look like an abuser.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Ah but the laws are clear. If the school does anything to try to keep order, it has to be done in a non physical way ..;

Since the police can chain a kid maybe the law makers there will allow the schools that privilege also.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Oh that 4 yr old was such a terror!,call the swat team...

I don't know this child and I wasn't there but it is foolish the way everyone generalizes.

I babysat a 4 year old he was acting fine even very sweet. I was sitting in a chair talking to him, he was behind me. I wondered why he did not come out where I could see him. I turned around and he was holding a brick as high as his arms could go over my head, with a Manacal look on his face. He quietly said "bricky is going to get you".

I loved this kid and did what i could but I was not his parent and I am not sure anyone could have done anything.

This boy was removed from a classroom because he threatened to blow up the teacher and the kids and he did know all the details to create an explosive...yes 4 years old! He eventually killed a large group of people and died at age 21.

You are all judging without knowing anything.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Call the fawking parents..WTF is wrong with you..here again a FOUR yr old. You sir are deranged..I want to say so much more but nope.
All the other mental midgets that think this is acceptable ..pipe up.

yes you know it all don't you!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Idiots in charge obviously have no idea how to handle a 4 yr old, wtf are they doing ?

Idiots, there is nothing more to say about them, simply idiots.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Unbelievable. Just last year I wrote a thread about a Six year old suspended for "sexual harrassment".

Luckily in that case, the locals were outraged enough that the school decided to retract it's stance..

Now we have 4 year old's in shackles? What's next? Infants?

Twisted, twisted place we live in. If an institution of any type can't handle a four year old without calling the cops then we're in serious trouble.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You try to take the child out of the classroom...to where?

Was this school in a one room school building?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Maye they should have sent the 4yr old to Guantanamo Bay then and shackled him with the Terrorist prisoners. Just in case he grew up to be a maniac and blew people up!

God help us.....

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The question is to where that the problem will not persist, it is not like you can take him out somewhere and just leave him in the halls.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: roadgravel

The question is to where that the problem will not persist, it is not like you can take him out somewhere and just leave him in the halls.

And being away from the room might change his attitude.

edit:

Minimally the principle and asst principle usually have offices, so it isn't a dump the child in the hall. I suspect you know that.
edit on 12/21/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

With all do respect you're a Weirdo..

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I know just enough.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

I like the idea of the "scared straight" principle, but to a FOUR YEAR OLD?! Give me a break. The parents should have been called and asked to take the kid home. If the teachers can't handle a little kid, maybe they're in the wrong line of work!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
I have a few idea's on why the police are involved, and it is one that is both scary and at the same time makes sense, as it is something that would be a conspiracy against the country. There is a connection here between some of the agencies that work together, where the police comes into play, cps is not far behind. And knowing what I know of cps, it is the states way of trying to control children and raise them as they would dictate.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

There is no forcing the child to sit in a closet or take him forcibly from the room, he will fight and you may bruise him and the school be sued you are responsible for ALL or the kids not just one, how do you protect the other kids?

if my kids were at that school i would protect them by removing them from that school as the school is clearly unable to do their job

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Since when have a toddler's temper tantrum become a criminal offense? Absolutely unbelievable, handcuffing a toddler for acting like, well a toddler. Wouldn't a time out have been sufficient, at least until the mother arrived since they did call her.

How can a 4 year old even comprehend a "scared straight" type of scenario?! Good grief!

The unnamed student, who was enrolled in the pre-kindergarten program at Nathanael Greene Primary School, in Stanardsville, Virginia, was removed from the classroom Oct. 16 after allegedly “becoming agitated and throwing several items onto the floor."

Yep, sounds like a typical 4 year old temper tantrum to me...an adult gets agitated a pre-schooler has a temper tantrum.

Whoever the school personnel is that called the police is an idiot.

When the conflict with the student arose Oct. 16, his mother was called, and she informed the school she was on her way to the school.
However, school personnel then called a Greene County deputy sheriff to confront the preschooler, which agitated the student further.
OP source

Well, the school and the police seem to have accomplished their goal of making the child fearful, along with leaving him with nightmares.

The child’s mother, Tracy Wood, told Spencer that she was “appalled” by the decision to put her child in handcuffs and shackles, saying it has left the child with nightmares. She added that the child since has been suspended indefinitely from school. Attempts to reach Wood for comment were unsuccessful.
Greene County sheriff defends decision to handcuff, shackle 4-year-old

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join