It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvation, Election, Forever, Hell-----Refining, Ages, Priest-Kings, Healing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

So to answer your challenge. No, there is nothing clear in the Hebrew bible concerning hell simply because hell was not in their mindset except as a place for punishment and release. The unforgiven were placed in the ethereal fire as described in Isaiah 66 and totally destroyed. Gehenna was not a place of everlasting torment but was either punishment and release or annihilation according to one source only. Other rabbis do not agree but Nahmanides is accepted as the foremost authority.

That is my point. Look I'm writing this thread for those who believe that the bible teaches unequivocally that hell is eternal conscious torment, or annihilation. Many will point to the OT warrior god passages and claim that that is God damning people to hell. And even Isa 66 is using hyperbolic speech regarding a mass burial site where they burn the bodies and it "never goes out". This doesn't necessarily imply an eternal torment. I'm not saying it can't be read that way, but for me, most of the OT prophecies had to do with the here and now. In fact the entire jewish mindset was life on this earth or death. They didn't actually know much of anything regarding an afterlife. That is why Hades is used when the Septuagint was created, it is the unseen.

Where did the doctrine of ECT come from? I submit it came from the pharisees, who Jesus spent his entire ministry trashing. The brood of vipers or sons of the devil, were the seed of Babylon sewed in Israel by their masters. The doctrine of ECT is the doctrine of the empire. Which is why it was almost wholly absent until after Constantine created the Roman Catholic Church.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join