It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvation, Election, Forever, Hell-----Refining, Ages, Priest-Kings, Healing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

originally posted by: deadeyedick

a reply to: zardust

If you knew the truth of the physical aspects of creation then you would know that in order for their to be a heaven forever then their will be an eternal fire where you can get stuck. However i know the idea of that place is hard to belive but don't let your feelings get in the way of truth.

The truth is this: before God made the garden of Eden, He made the Heavens and the Earth. No mention is made that He made Hell. Why would the Bible leave out something so important? That is your first hint. Our world is not God + Heaven on one side and Satan + Hell on the other, with humanity + Earth as a prey between them. It is an astonishingly simple hierarchy.

So if not outlined clearly in the bible then something can not exist? That is not the case but if you follow the law of love God neighbor and self then you will not get caught up in your error of not knowing that with GOD everything is possible. Our faith in God can save from any pit we may find ourselves in. So by that i do find it more prudent to focus on the salvation aspect of faith and not the level of good or bad in other places beside heaven and if they even exist.
Hell is hot and is looking for souls though.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

So if not outlined clearly in the bible then something can not exist? That is not the case but if you follow the law of love God neighbor and self then you will not get caught up in your error of not knowing that with GOD everything is possible. Our faith in God can save from any pit we may find ourselves in. So by that i do find it more prudent to focus on the salvation aspect of faith and not the level of good or bad in other places beside heaven and if they even exist.
Hell is hot and is looking for souls though.

Of course God can do anything, and yes, with Him all things are possible. However, given that His word is silent on the subject of Hell, besides bad translation, and bad interpretation, and given that He is a loving God, the existence of Hell is VERY unlikely, the chances approach zero.

Two questions:
#1 The Revelation states that Death & Hell are to be cast into the Lake of Fire. Given that, how can anyone still be dead and in Hell?

#2 The Bible states that at some future time, God will be All in all. If anyone is still in Hell, how can that happen?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

1. heaven and hell have been used to describe many things. when i speak of hell in this thread i speak of the lake of fire and that is what the drill bit reference was pointing too.
2. it may not be eternal but from my understanding of the actual physical makeup of where we are things can be copied and taken from. Point being is that GOD is extremely vengful but delights in forgivness. I think that it is a blessing he left out details about hell because it shows he really does not want that reality for anyone but since the fallen are still here the option is still on the table.

To be more specific when God is whole at the end and he stands up then all that lake will be discarded and fall away from him destroyed forever and we will be inside him.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Lazarus Short

1. heaven and hell have been used to describe many things. when i speak of hell in this thread i speak of the lake of fire and that is what the drill bit reference was pointing too.

Hell (Hades) is not the lake of fire.Yahoshua spoke of the lake of fire in Matthew 25 also but didn’t call it the lake of fire but called it the aion (age lasting) fire.In Johns vision he saw the same scenario where Hades and death were destroyed in the lake of fire.The lake of fire is the 2nd death.It is when all things that are not truth(reality) are destroyed.

When a person(being) is cast in the lake of fire it is to “cleanse” them of their Belief System religion” which is not truth.That’s why it says in Revelation 19 the false prophet and the beast (carnal nature of mankind)are cast into the lake of fire.Then in Revelation 20 the diabolos(devil) is cast into the lake of fire…it never says satan is cast into the lake of fire.

The devil and satan are not the same thing and they are definitely not sentient “beings”.Diabolos means a channel something enters through…satan is an adversary. Mankinds Belief System religion is the “channel” they perceive their life and this world through.When the carnal mind is deceived by their BS religion it is an adversary (satan) to the creator God…life,truth,….reality.

All the religious stuff people believe in is akin to Dungeons and Dragons….it is a very pointless game of unreality.There is no such thing as a “spiritual being” or demons or Satan ….those are all the vain imaginations of mankinds carnal religious mind.It is “through” this mind mankind creates a God in their own image and all of the theological accouterments to go along with it.No two people “believe” the same religion however many believe the same doctrinal lies of “herd” religions.

The fact is the creator God has no adversary except the religious carnal mind.There is no war between a being Satan and the creator God the only war is between the ears of man in their religious carnal mind.That mind will lose the war at the battle of armageddon.It will eventually be cast into the lake of fire(the 2nd death) and be cleansed(born anew).Of course these are all metaphors.What really will happen is beyond knowing.The only thing that can be known is every person will go through the same process as Israel(struggles with God).

I know this will take the air out of many peoples religion and they won’t believe any of it.They in effect want their “religion(God) and to eat it too.The fact is the creator God is a realist and there will be NONE that are not brought to know reality.That process will all be done TO a person not by them.In other words there is absolutely nothing,zip,zilch,zero..anyone can or has done or will cause ANY of the process.

The “methods” of religion are precisely the things that will be destroyed to “deliver” someone.It is the only way.Mankind was inherently “born” religious.It is their “nature” to believe they are God(have a will free of cause).They eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil(the dualism of religion) and doing so can NEVER come to the truth“knowledge” of the creator God( the shema…oneness).Every bite of the fruit of the tree is instant death(unreality) until they are consumed by the tree.

Of course this becomes a vicious cycle because man “believes” they can know the creator God by their “religious “ method.They search what has been written(the scriptures) thinking that in them they have life…but there is no life in the scriptures….they are dead words of babel.What was truly written is only a testimony that testifies of the truth….Yahoshua..the creator God (Yahweh….I will be what I will be) IS deliverance /salvation.

Mankind(Israel) must eventually put down their guns and give up the war between their ears.It is a battle they can never win.The reality is the majority of mankind will lose the battle by being cast into the lake of fire to destroy the enemy. What is touted as a miracle cure (religion-religion) is just more fuel for the fire.The good news is all the wars will end.All of mankind(and creation) will be reconciled to the creator God.The creator God is life(spirit) there is nothing that is dead that won’t be resurrected TO life(not more death). That’s the Good News.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Well this is a first for me. A person claiming to be a teacher of Greek and doesn't once bring up verb tenses and what that does to the verb in Greek. (Specifically the Aorist tense)

It's "Aionios" btw...

Freebie

I never claimed to be a teacher of Greek.

Why should I bring verb tenses into the picture since I was posting about an adjective--aionios, and a noun--aion??

LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

i agree with about 70% of that. not bad at all
The thing about the creator is that we know a tiny fraction of what the creator does.
Any direction we put our minds we are only seeing a small portion of truth.
Our facts today change.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hell

Which hell?

Sheol? Hades? Gehenna? Tartarus? The Lake of Fire (LOF)?

Here is a challenge. See if you find any evidence of our modern version of hell in the entire Old Testament. I'll save you the time. There is none. What we have is Sheol, which is the grave. It is the place the dead go.

[Gen 37:35 KJV] 35 And all his sons and all his daughters rose up to comfort him; but he refused to be comforted; and he said, For I will go down into the grave unto my son mourning. Thus his father wept for him. So Joseph went to hell in Jacob's mind when he thought him dead?
[Psa 16:10 KJV] 10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. And if Psalm 16 refers to Jesus, was he condemned to hell?
[Psa 139:8 KJV] 8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].Isn't hell the absence of God? That is what we are told from the pulpit these days to make it easier to take. Its the place that people choose to go to, and yet what does Psalm 139 say? That God will be in hell, or rather the grave.
[Jon 2:2 KJV] 2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, [and] thou heardest my voice. And I thought you can't get out of hell, except when you cry loud enough, and your name is Jonah

So the word that is used in the New Testament for Sheol is Hades

[Act 2:27 KJV] 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.Same text as example from Psalms above, Hades=Sheol
[1Co 15:55 KJV] 55 O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory? According to Modern Churchianity the grave, erm hell, is victorious because 99% of all humanity ends up there
[Rev 1:18 KJV] 18 I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. "hell is locked from the inside", you've heard that trite statement before I'm sure, yet what does this passage say? Or is Jesus a juvenile jailor that dangles the keys in front of the lowly inmates? Or is he the deliverer of mankind?
[Rev 20:14 KJV] 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. Wait hell is thrown into hell? How the hell can that be?

[Rev 19:20 KJV] 20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
[Rev 20:10, 14-15 KJV] 10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. ... 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
[Rev 21:8 KJV] 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Torment=Basanos

Definition:
to test (metals) by the touchstone, which is a black siliceous stone used to test the purity of gold or silver by the colour of the streak produced on it by rubbing it with either metal

[Rev 14:10 KJV] 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: Here again we must note that "hell" or the LOF is not absence from God or Jesus or the saints even. They are tormented in the presence of the Lamb who was slain. Jesus and his saints smelling the singed flesh for all of eternity?

Brimstone was used for purification of temples. its sulfur, which is still used in antibiotics.

Fire was a symbol of the presence of God. Go back and see for yourself. All throughout the bible fire=God.

Our God is a consuming fire
The pillar of fire
The flaming bush
The fire on Mt. Sinai
The tongues of Fire at Pentecost
His eyes are like flames of fire
Everyone will be salted with fire.
And of the angels He says, "WHO MAKES HIS ANGELS WINDS, AND HIS MINISTERS A FLAME OF FIRE."

"A river of fire was flowing And coming out from before Him; Thousands upon thousands were attending Him, And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him; The court sat, And the books were opened.

John answered and said to them all, "As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

[1Co 3:11-15 NASB] 11 For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. 14 If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. 15 If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. We could be opening a can of worms here with salvation by works... where is the magic prayer in this equation? Ok lets stay on topic

1 Pet 1:7 so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Fire is for purifying, either now in this age, or later in the LOF. Both have the same purpose the reconciliation of all things.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I never claimed to be a teacher of Greek. Why should I bring verb tenses into the picture since I was posting about an adjective--aionios, and a noun--aion?? LOL

Thanks for admitting that you aren't a teacher of Greek. And tenses apply to nouns and adjectives as well man.
Greek 101:

"Tense plays a very crucial role in the study of New Testament exegesis. Dana and Mantey understood its significance in saying that "no element of the Greek language is of more importance to the student of the New Testament than the matter of tense". Tense deals both with time and kind of action."

Read it this time...

"Aionios" is in the "Aorist Tense", meaning it is without end. (See below, same link)

The Aorist Tense This tense is hardly a tense at all. It describes indefinite or undefined action. The word aoristos derives from an alpha privative (ie. negation) and the verb horizô (meaning "to bound") thus meaning "without boundaries".

That is PRECISELY why "Aionios" is translated "Everlasting/Eternal", they are the only words we have in English to describe a period of time without end.

Hope this has been helpful in resolving your confusion described in the OP.

edit on 22-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

NOTurTypical has an excellent point. If you do not account for the tenses, then you will get a very distorted picture of what the scriptures are refering to.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

NOTurTypical has an excellent point. If you do not account for the tenses, then you will get a very distorted picture of what the scriptures are refering to.

Not just a distorted picture, It's actually impossible to read and understand Greek. Heck, verbs alone need to meet 5 different conditions to even be used in a sentence. Greek is one of the most precise and rigid languages in human history.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Indeed, I study the work of a Pastor who was a Greek and Hebrew student. I wont settle for less. When you go back to the original text, all the wrinkles of misinterpretation can be ironed out.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What do you make of this. When King James was translating the Apocryphal books which were included in his original King James Bible these scriptures about Punishment were dropped on the floor.

Then the pit of torment shall appear, and opposite it shall be the place of rest; and the furnace of hell shall be disclosed, and opposite it the paradise of delight.
[37] Then the Most High will say to the nations that have been raised from the dead, `Look now, and understand whom you have denied, whom you have not served, whose commandments you have despised!
[38] Look on this side and on that; here are delight and rest, and there are fire and torments!' Thus he will speak to them on the day of judgment --
[39] a day that has no sun or moon or stars,
[40] or cloud or thunder or lightning or wind or water or air, or darkness or evening or morning,
[41] or summer or spring or heat or winter or frost or cold or hail or rain or dew,
[42] or noon or night, or dawn or shining or brightness or light, but only the splendor of the glory of the Most High, by which all shall see what has been determined for them.
[43] For it will last for about a week of years.
[44] This is my judgment and its prescribed order; and to you alone have I shown these things."
[45] I answered and said, "O sovereign Lord, I said then and I say now: Blessed are those who are alive and keep thy commandments!
[46] But what of those for whom I prayed? For who among the living is there that has not sinned, or who among men that has not transgressed thy covenant?
[47] And now I see that the world to come will bring delight to few, but torments to many.
[48] For an evil heart has grown up in us, which has alienated us from God, and has brought us into corruption and the ways of death, and has shown us the paths of perdition and removed us far from life -- and that not just a few of us but almost all who have been created!"
[49] He answered me and said, "Listen to me, Ezra, and I will instruct you, and will admonish you yet again.
[50] For this reason the Most High has made not one world but two.
[51] For whereas you have said that the righteous are not many but few, while the ungodly abound, hear the explanation for this.
[52] "If you have just a few precious stones, will you add to them lead and clay?"
[53] I said, "Lord, how could that be?"
[54] And he said to me, "Not only that, but ask the earth and she will tell you; defer to her, and she will declare it to you.
[55] Say to her, `You produce gold and silver and brass, and also iron and lead and clay;
[56] but silver is more abundant than gold, and brass than silver, and iron than brass, and lead than iron, and clay than lead.'
[57] Judge therefore which things are precious and desirable, those that are abundant or those that are rare?"
[58] I said, "O sovereign Lord, what is plentiful is of less worth, for what is more rare is more precious."
[59] He answered me and said, "Weigh within yourself what you have thought, for he who has what is hard to get rejoices more than he who has what is plentiful.
[60] So also will be the judgment which I have promised; for I will rejoice over the few who shall be saved, because it is they who have made my glory to prevail now, and through them my name has now been honored.
[61] And I will not grieve over the multitude of those who perish; for it is they who are now like a mist, and are similar to a flame and smoke -- they are set on fire and burn hotly, and are extinguished."
[62] I replied and said, "O earth, what have you brought forth, if the mind is made out of the dust like the other created things!
[63] For it would have been better if the dust itself had not been born, so that the mind might not have been made from it.
[64] But now the mind grows with us, and therefore we are tormented, because we perish and know it.
[65] Let the human race lament, but let the beasts of the field be glad; let all who have been born lament, but let the four-footed beasts and the flocks rejoice!
[66] For it is much better with them than with us; for they do not look for a judgment, nor do they know of any torment or salvation promised to them after death.
[67] For what does it profit us that we shall be preserved alive but cruelly tormented?
[68] For all who have been born are involved in iniquities, and are full of sins and burdened with transgressions.
[69] And if we were not to come into judgment after death, perhaps it would have been better for us."
[70] He answered me and said, "When the Most High made the world and Adam and all who have come from him, he first prepared the judgment and the things that pertain to the judgment.
[71] And now understand from your own words, for you have said that the mind grows with us.
[72] For this reason, therefore, those who dwell on earth shall be tormented, because though they had understanding they committed iniquity, and though they received the commandments they did not keep them, and though they obtained the law they dealt unfaithfully with what they received.
[73] What, then, will they have to say in the judgment, or how will they answer in the last times?
[74] For how long the time is that the Most High has been patient with those who inhabit the world, and not for their sake, but because of the times which he has foreordained!"
[75] I answered and said, "If I have found favor in thy sight, O Lord, show this also to thy servant: whether after death, as soon as every one of us yields up his soul, we shall be kept in rest until those times come when thou wilt renew the creation, or whether we shall be tormented at once?"
[76] He answered me and said, "I will show you that also, but do not be associated with those who have shown scorn, nor number yourself among those who are tormented.
[77] For you have a treasure of works laid up with the Most High; but it will not be shown to you until the last times.
[78] Now, concerning death, the teaching is: When the decisive decree has gone forth from the Most High that a man shall die, as the spirit leaves the body to return again to him who gave it, first of all it adores the glory of the Most High.
[79] And if it is one of those who have shown scorn and have not kept the way of the Most High, and who have despised his law, and who have hated those who fear God --
[80] such spirits shall not enter into habitations, but shall immediately wander about in torments, ever grieving and sad, in seven ways.
[81] The first way, because they have scorned the law of the Most High.
[82] The second way, because they cannot now make a good repentance that they may live.
[83] The third way, they shall see the reward laid up for those who have trusted the covenants of the Most High.
[84] The fourth way, they shall consider the torment laid up for themselves in the last days.
[85] The fifth way, they shall see how the habitations of the others are guarded by angels in profound quiet.
[86] The sixth way, they shall see how some of them will pass over into torments.
[87] The seventh way, which is worse than all the ways that have been mentioned, because they shall utterly waste away in confusion and be consumed with shame, and shall wither with fear at seeing the glory of the Most High before whom they sinned while they were alive, and before whom they are to be judged in the last times.
[88] "Now this is the order of those who have kept the ways of the Most High, when they shall be separated from their

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Part 2

[88] "Now this is the order of those who have kept the ways of the Most High, when they shall be separated from their mortal body.
[89] During the time that they lived in it, they laboriously served the Most High, and withstood danger every hour, that they might keep the law of the Lawgiver perfectly.
[90] Therefore this is the teaching concerning them:
[91] First of all, they shall see with great joy the glory of him who receives them, for they shall have rest in seven orders.
[92] The first order, because they have striven with great effort to overcome the evil thought which was formed with them, that it might not lead them astray from life into death.
[93] The second order, because they see the perplexity in which the souls of the ungodly wander, and the punishment that awaits them.
[94] The third order, they see the witness which he who formed them bears concerning them, that while they were alive they kept the law which was given them in trust.
[95] The fourth order, they understand the rest which they now enjoy, being gathered into their chambers and guarded by angels in profound quiet, and the glory which awaits them in the last days.
[96] The fifth order, they rejoice that they have now escaped what is corruptible, and shall inherit what is to come; and besides they see the straits and toil from which they have been delivered, and the spacious liberty which they are to receive and enjoy in immortality.
[97] The sixth order, when it is shown to them how their face is to shine like the sun, and how they are to be made like the light of the stars, being incorruptible from then on.
[98] The seventh order, which is greater than all that have been mentioned, because they shall rejoice with boldness, and shall be confident without confusion, and shall be glad without fear, for they hasten to behold the face of him whom they served in life and from whom they are to receive their reward when glorified.
[99] This is the order of the souls of the righteous, as henceforth is announced; and the aforesaid are the ways of torment which those who would not give heed shall suffer hereafter."
[100] I answered and said, "Will time therefore be given to the souls, after they have been separated from the bodies, to see what you have described to me?"
[101] He said to me, "They shall have freedom for seven days, so that during these seven days they may see the things of which you have been told, and afterwards they shall be gathered in their habitations."
[102] I answered and said, "If I have found favor in thy sight, show further to me, thy servant, whether on the day of judgment the righteous will be able to intercede for the ungodly or to entreat the Most High for them,
[103] fathers for sons or sons for parents, brothers for brothers, relatives for their kinsmen, or friends for those who are most dear."
[104] He answered me and said, "Since you have found favor in my sight, I will show you this also. The day of judgment is decisive and displays to all the seal of truth. Just as now a father does not send his son, or a son his father, or a master his servant, or a friend his dearest friend, to be ill or sleep or eat or be healed in his stead,
[105] so no one shall ever pray for another on that day, neither shall any one lay a burden on another; for then every one shall bear his own righteousness and unrighteousness."

a reply to: TheoFieldsGardener

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

uh ohh now you did it.....cut and paster time...I think you are going to hell for instigating this....

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

I never claimed to be a teacher of Greek. Why should I bring verb tenses into the picture since I was posting about an adjective--aionios, and a noun--aion?? LOL

Thanks for admitting that you aren't a teacher of Greek. And tenses apply to nouns and adjectives as well man.
Greek 101:

"Tense plays a very crucial role in the study of New Testament exegesis. Dana and Mantey understood its significance in saying that "no element of the Greek language is of more importance to the student of the New Testament than the matter of tense". Tense deals both with time and kind of action."

Read it this time...

"Aionios" is in the "Aorist Tense", meaning it is without end. (See below, same link)

The Aorist Tense This tense is hardly a tense at all. It describes indefinite or undefined action. The word aoristos derives from an alpha privative (ie. negation) and the verb horizô (meaning "to bound") thus meaning "without boundaries".

That is PRECISELY why "Aionios" is translated "Everlasting/Eternal", they are the only words we have in English to describe a period of time without end.

Hope this has been helpful in resolving your confusion described in the OP.

Is this a joke or something? Can you show me anywhere where verb tenses apply to adjectives and nouns in that link? You told me to read the link, please enlighten us, because Ive read it a few times and nowhere does it say anything about the aorist tense having anything to do with an adjective, and specifically the ADJECTIVE aionios. It also does not once refer to nouns having a tense to them.

Again I'm no Greek Scholar, but neither are you thank you for making that clear. Now I'm going to post something from the almighty wiki take it with a grain of salt, but it is referenced at least

aorist wiki

Because the aorist was not maintained in either Latin or the Germanic languages, there have long been difficulties in translating the Greek New Testament into Western languages. The aorist has often been interpreted as making a strong statement about the aspect or even the time of an event, when, in fact, due to its being the unmarked (default) form of the Greek verb, such implications are often left to context. Thus, within New Testament hermeneutics, it is considered an exegetical fallacy to attach undue significance to uses of the aorist.[13] Although one may draw specific implications from an author's use of the imperfective or perfect, no such conclusions can, in general, be drawn from the use of the aorist, which may refer to an action "without specifying whether the action is unique, repeated, ingressive, instantaneous, past, or accomplished."[13] In particular, the aorist does not imply a "once for all" action, as it has commonly been misinterpreted, although it frequently refers to a simple, non-repeated action.[14]

Even if you were in the right ballpark you'd have just hit a foul ball

The VERB tenses do NOT apply to ADJECTIVES.

Please show me where in the link you posted, or anywhere else for that matter. Please don't tell me to read it again because the paragraph you posted is about verbs, not nouns or adjectives

Here is the full paragraph from the page that you posted which has the title of HOW GREEK VERBS WORK

Tense plays a very crucial role in the study of New Testament exegesis. Dana and Mantey understood its significance in saying that "no element of the Greek language is of more importance to the student of the New Testament than the matter of tense". [1] Tense deals both with time and kind of action. Ancient Greek focused more on the latter of these aspects (that is, kind of action); however, time does play a role in verb tense when the mood is indicative (the four moods are explained below).

This is why I ask if this is a joke. Or are you just trying to derail the thread with nonsense?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheoFieldsGardener

I don't really know what you're asking me.

Or trying to communicate.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It's gonna be splitting hairballs from here on out.Every word will be vivesectioned then hung out to dry to prove eternal hell really does exist...fortunately it is only in the religious carnal mind.I wish some folks wouldn't let it out.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Isn't it better to know the TRUTH and seek forgiveness while there is still time on the clock, Many will be saved at the 11th hour because they understood the glory of YHWH was the ability to have great love and forgiveness for those who are truly sorry for their blindness and wanting to make amends. Shutting up the messengers only ever brought gas on the fire.

a reply to: Rex282

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Just saying if we are going to try to prove Hell doesn't exist let's at least look under every stone notice it fits with the parable of the Rich man and Lazarus who by the way an O- that the EssiYAH raised up from the dead to show that Moses had truly raised the serpent. Oh and he sanctified his sister Mary another O- to be among his Bride (his Church) as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Is this a joke or something? Can you show me anywhere where verb tenses apply to adjectives and nouns in that link? You told me to read the link, please enlighten us, because Ive read it a few times and nowhere does it say anything about the aorist tense having anything to do with an adjective, and specifically the ADJECTIVE aionios. It also does not once refer to nouns having a tense to them.

I said tenses "also apply to nouns and adjectives" (see above) as well as verbs. And Aionios is the Aorist tense, Since it's the aorist tense it describes a period of time without end. Again, that's why it's translated as "eternal/everlasting". Those are the ONLY English terms we have to describe a period of time "without end or ceasing".

Simplified point: "Aionios" means "eternal/everlasting"

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join