It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help to interpret my dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hi all
Just had a disturbing dream which is bugging me and I am wondering if there is anyone who is good at interpreting dreams.
In this dream I found a large barn on my property where there is none and inside I came across a kind of house made of wood which was very old and a bit ricketty looking. When I got home I told my mum and daughter and they immediately went off to have a look. Inside the huge barn it was gloomy but as we went inside and started to go up some stairs it started to get quite dark and it seemed that we were kind of somewhere else.
There was enough light inside to see but pitch black outside. I tried to call my daughter back as she had gone up the stairs in front of us but she would not listen. Suddenly she fell through the stairs and through a rotten wall and fell out of sight in the darkness. I ran into a different part of the building and she was caught on a ledge and had not fallen all the way. She was able able to walk along the edge and get back inside.
We had to get down the rest of the stairs but they kept breaking in front of me. We got out somehow. I was aware of some supernatural presence the whole time. I am still creeped out and would appreciate thoughts and comments. I hope this is the right forum.

cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Just a guess.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
the dream insight is symbolically telling you of your bloodline genes (stairs)...old house within a barn (ancestory)...

the gene damage comes from the maternal blood-line (mitochondral DNA?) (mum & daughter being prominent figures)

you are a good candidate for getting a battery of tests which will disclose if there are any hereditary illnesses you are prone to develop --- beyond the common ones such as Alzheimers, etc.

your psyche is giving you a 'heads up'... you might want to get long-term disability insurance policy in place long before the affliction shows up...
I had a similar epiphany warning...but way too close (6 months) to the brain hemhorrage to be prepared for the resulting changes-in-my-lifestyle...so this kind of symbolic warning is not just a fanciful idea
edit on st31141915881321462014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Or it could simply mean you are approaching a new change, an old barn becomes a new house. You lose your daughter within what is new could easily mean you subconscious is concerned this change may impact your daughter, maybe not see as often.

Generally though, I approach all vivid dreams in the context of life lessons I have failed to grasp yet, my subconscious is trying to get me to confront it.

Is your daughter about to make a change in her life?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
the dream insight is symbolically telling you of your bloodline genes (stairs)...old house within a barn (ancestory)...

the gene damage comes from the maternal blood-line (mitochondral DNA?) (mum & daughter being prominent figures)

you are a good candidate for getting a battery of tests which will disclose if there are any hereditary illnesses you are prone to develop --- beyond the common ones such as Alzheimers, etc.

your psyche is giving you a 'heads up'... you might want to get long-term disability insurance policy in place long before the affliction shows up...
I had a similar epiphany warning...but way too close (6 months) to the brain hemhorrage to be prepared for the resulting changes-in-my-lifestyle...so this kind of symbolic warning is not just a fanciful idea

Well we did a genetic test for a breast cancer gene as my mother had breast cancer but fortunately we did not carry this gene. But this is a really interesting interpretation. I would never have worked out the stairs which were actually winding representing DNA but it makes sense now. My mother had mentioned yesterday that as her sister had diabetes it may be genetic.
Thanks heaps for your response.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Or it could simply mean you are approaching a new change, an old barn becomes a new house. You lose your daughter within what is new could easily mean you subconscious is concerned this change may impact your daughter, maybe not see as often.

Generally though, I approach all vivid dreams in the context of life lessons I have failed to grasp yet, my subconscious is trying to get me to confront it.

My daughter has been doing work experience and I guess she is on that verge of growing up. She will have to travel to the city soon to do work experience with a magazine so maybe this is it. I will think some more on it. Thanks for helping, I agree that my subconscious is trying to tell me something.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: grumpy64

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

My daughter has been doing work experience and I guess she is on that verge of growing up. She will have to travel to the city soon to do work experience with a magazine so maybe this is it. I will think some more on it. Thanks for helping, I agree that my subconscious is trying to tell me something.

You're welcome. What lead me there is you speaking of mother and daughter (old and new), barn and house (old and new). No issues with mother or the barn but broken stairs in the new house and the new soul falls through. Both close but one will soon be a little out of reach, or at least perceived as such. Or it could be something else entirely.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: grumpy64

The house represents the family in my dreams and an old house in need of such repairs indicates a disfunctional family. I'm not so sure about the barn that this house was inside of though.

Ascending a staircase sounds like some kind of progress, but the rotten stairs and falling into a dangerous situation for your daughter sounds bad. The overall feel sounds bad as does the darkness and fear for what was actually up those stairs.

It seems like you'd be able to figure this one out soon, what ever happens, it sounds like a happy ending for the most part, like disaster averted.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I agree with much of Rosinitiate's interpretation; it makes sense.

Another layer that might make sense are the representations of safety, danger and control. The home property represents safety and family. The intrusive barn represents the unknown (danger) and lies within the symbolic safety of your home. The house within the barn is possibly your subconscious' symbol for fear of the truly unknown.

The 'truly unknown' would be the natural anxiety that you'll be feeling about your daughter. Leaving home, leaving you and the genuine risks facing her are expressed by her falling away from you into the dark unknown. Where she's protected and overseen by you at home, you can't keep hold of her either in her unknown future or the unknown of the dream house. On that level, there might be an anxiety about losing control.

I was aware of some supernatural presence the whole time.

This aspect seems to feature heavily when we have dreams and disordered sleep. They tend to appear on the back-end of several nights where quality REM sleep was minimal. This occurs after stressful periods, heavy drinking, broken sleep etc. The brain wants to cycle down to REM sleep at its own pace and the mentally exhaustive state drops us into REM sleep before the brain's finished closing all those metaphorical doors and windows and turning the lights out. I don't know why we get the sense 'supernatural presence,' but it definitely seems to associated with lack of quality sleep.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

The house represents the family in my dreams and an old house in need of such repairs indicates a disfunctional family. I'm not so sure about the barn that this house was inside of though.

Ascending a staircase sounds like some kind of progress, but the rotten stairs and falling into a dangerous situation for your daughter sounds bad. The overall feel sounds bad as does the darkness and fear for what was actually up those stairs.

It seems like you'd be able to figure this one out soon, what ever happens, it sounds like a happy ending for the most part, like disaster averted.

Yes I think the dream had a successful outcome as we got out. I had not figured out that the house represented the family. This youngest daughter and the eldest daughter had a big argument the other night which was upsetting so I wonder if this was playing on my mind. They were sleeping upstairs. Starting to look like there are several issues being dealt with in this dream. Thanks heaps.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I agree with much of Rosinitiate's interpretation; it makes sense.

Another layer that might make sense are the representations of safety, danger and control. The home property represents safety and family. The intrusive barn represents the unknown (danger) and lies within the symbolic safety of your home. The house within the barn is possibly your subconscious' symbol for fear of the truly unknown.

The 'truly unknown' would be the natural anxiety that you'll be feeling about your daughter. Leaving home, leaving you and the genuine risks facing her are expressed by her falling away from you into the dark unknown. Where she's protected and overseen by you at home, you can't keep hold of her either in her unknown future or the unknown of the dream house. On that level, there might be an anxiety about losing control.

I was aware of some supernatural presence the whole time.

This aspect seems to feature heavily when we have dreams and disordered sleep. They tend to appear on the back-end of several nights where quality REM sleep was minimal. This occurs after stressful periods, heavy drinking, broken sleep etc. The brain wants to cycle down to REM sleep at its own pace and the mentally exhaustive state drops us into REM sleep before the brain's finished closing all those metaphorical doors and windows and turning the lights out. I don't know why we get the sense 'supernatural presence,' but it definitely seems to associated with lack of quality sleep.

There seems to be a lot more to this dream than I initially thought. As to your last point, I have not being sleeping that well as I have had some kind of virus and have been waking up in a sweat. You have given me some excellent points to ponder. My daughter herself has not been sleeping well for some time and having bad dreams but she either doesn't remember them or refuses to tell us. This dream was one of the few I remember when I wake up but certainly loaded with meaning. Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It took me a long time to make the connection of a house in my dreams and my family. It makes sense as a house is a home and home is family.

The old run down house (in my dreams) is usually a collage of houses I lived in combined with the family farm house. In fact, I have just recently discovered the extra attic room that had appeared in a number of my dream houses, it is an unfinished attic bedroom in the house my step daughter just moved into, identical and slightly spooky.

When the dream house is badly in need of repairs, I understand it as a problem with my family. This old dream house of mine that shows up from time to time is so bad that it should be condemned, not occupied.

Shoes inside the house are the lives of family members - you can't know the man until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

You get where I'm going with this type of analysis.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Maybe the house in my dreams is also a collage of houses I have lived in but it seemed to have a lot of walls made of wooden lattice like those houses in the Middle East. I have never lived in a house like that but maybe that is why it was so ricketty! Many walls were of a rather nice light green colour and some rooms looked livable, others didn't. The darkness outside was visible through the walls in the higher rooms. It was quite eerie but not terrifying. Don't remember any shoes.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I wasn't suggesting you had seen shoes in your dreams, I was trying to show you how these connections work in my dream world. There are symbolic connections to your dream world and how you perceive it is personal, but there are some universal symbols in our culture that may apply. Dig deep to find the meanings and don't pay any attention to dream dictionaries unless you can somehow relate to the connections.

I would imagine that if you had been building a house, that would indicate your effort in building a better family or making a new one, not that I ever had such a dream or that you have either, but you get how I have come to some of these conclusions in my own dreams.

Just some advice on how to interpret your own dreams. Did you see what I mean?

ETA: Fear of the darkness may be a fear of the unknown or it may be some real threat you can't quite relate to at the moment. Fear of the unknown is a primal fear and so this interpretation may apply to your dream.

The livable rooms may represent areas of family life that are going well and the bad parts of the house are areas that need work. Each room may represent certain things, like a bedroom or bathroom may be someone's personal life, the living room may be the whole family unit, etc.

edit on 22-12-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

edit on 22-12-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Let's have a look at the barn that the old house was inside.

Barns are utility buildings used to store farm equipment and whatever else you may want to store out of sight or out of the way. Perhaps you want to put your family life in storage?

A barn implies a lot of hard physical labor as opposed to say a storage shed. Maybe you realize how hard it will be fix the old house?

The barn shelters the house, but it hides it as well. Maybe you don't want anyone to be aware that you intend to fix the old house?

I hope this has helped and I don't want you to think I'm ragging on your family life.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Yes this has helped me to maybe understand what is going on here. I have been doing up the residence on this property and it is taking much longer than I thought it would so this could be involved as well.
I think houses can be very creepy in dreams just the same. When I was a kid there used to be the foundations and remains of an old house down the hill to the one I grew up in. I often had nightmares where some unseen force would drag me away at night to wards the old house and its ghostly occupants. I could see the lights of our house getting smaller and smaller in the distance but would wake up just before they got me. Maybe a fear of houses could be a fear of being trapped inside.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Of course, to paraphrase Sigmund Freud, "Sometimes a house is just a house." I thought I better add that as sometimes things in your dreams are just what they seem to be.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Just came across a different interpretation of the house in dreams as representing the person themselves. In other words I was the house itself and it's condition reflects my emotional and mental condition. So the ramshackle house symbolizes my low self esteem and it's empty state reflects my loneliness or emptiness. Hmmmmm... something to think about. I never thought that a dream would lead me down this path.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

That is something I had heard before, except it was from a physical health perspective. The house may serve different symbolic purposes and may depend on other aspects of the dream as well as what is happening in your life at that time.

I would suggest that you dig deep and determine what it means to you. Your dreams are your own, drawn from your life experiences, so ultimately I feel certain you will find meaning.

top topics

join