It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smiling Is Good For You, Laughter Is Healthy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Everyone loves to laugh. (At least the sane ones do.) I know I love to laugh. I even often put myself in situations where laughing becomes easy. I make funny friends, I go to comedies at the movie theatre, I listen to uplifting music, I think about the humorous things in life. I guess maybe I laugh more than the majority of folks do. Laughing is like a drug. Gotta find that next high. There's a real chemical release in your brain when you do a belly roll rumble laugh. It's like real good food that will sedate you or the physical elation when the sex is over. That buzz in your nervous system. Your brain changes frequencies. You become more animated and active.

Of course nobody can be jiggling with laughter all the time and if anyone is I would be wary to go near them. I've seen some folks that look like they've had way too much fun. If you don't think that's probable, believe me, when you finally do see one of those maniacle lookin' nutcases, you'll think back to this thread and go, "He was right!" Be glad you heeded my advice to not go near them either.

Some folks get off comedically in different ways. I like physical comedy, really bright and sun-shiny sorta funny stuff. My tastes aren't so narrow though so really, anything will do.

Nothing beats a good night at the dining room table with your funny friends, a bottle of whiskey and a game of dominoes. It beats holding a poker face all night, I'll tell you that.

Don't ever let them take your good mood away. And if your happiness is someone else's miseries then stay far far away.

Anyway, here's some links to real studies about laughter and it's health effects on you.

www.mayoclinic.org...
www.webmd.com...
abcnews.go.com...
www.discovery.com...

STEVE MARTIN IS A FUNNY MAN

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

My ole mum used to tell me that you will never have trouble with someone who laughs a lot. Those who dont laugh at all are bad news, as a rule.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic

My ole mum used to tell me that you will never have trouble with someone who laughs a lot.

Well, not to your face at least.

I never laugh to be honest. The other day though, had 2 3rd's of a bottle of some Kentucky bourbon and watched that movie inappropriate comedy, laughed for 2 hours straight. watched the movie a week later and it was the most feeble minded thing I have ever seen.

I get what your saying though, having standards is just unhealthy.

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My mom told me "lefty loosey, righty tighty" I wouldn't really know what that truly meant until I was an adult.

My ole mum used to tell me that you will never have trouble with someone who laughs a lot. Those who dont laugh at all are bad news, as a rule.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
My mom told me "lefty loosey, righty tighty" I wouldn't really know what that truly meant until I was an adult.

I gotta tell you I dont know what lefty loosey, righty tighty means??

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

My ole mum used to tell me that you will never have trouble with someone who laughs a lot.

Well, not to your face at least.

I never laugh to be honest. The other day though, had 2 3rd's of a bottle of some Kentucky bourbon and watched that movie inappropriate comedy, laughed for 2 hours straight. watched the movie a week later and it was the most feeble minded thing I have ever seen.

I get what your saying though, having standards is just unhealthy.

Peace

I dont like comedy and I dont watch it or listen to it but about 20 years ago I had a no alcohol fuled occasion to watch something called the blues brothers and I laughed my box off at it the time but I would not bother watching it again now, strange how that happens

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic
To me it is what I say when opening or closing a nut or tap.

top topics

join