It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

North Korea Too Underpowered and Inept to Launch Sophisticated Cyber Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:12 PM
NK.?............. Meh.................... NSA.....!!
A cyber false flag IMHO....

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:08 PM
a reply to: Willtell

Like China would not help them in this. Its not hard for lil kim to hire some goons from China to bring over a few new PC's and go to town hacking whoever.

I think this is all more wag the dog to get everyone's anger off Obama's tail.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:19 PM

originally posted by: Xcathdra

To dismiss North Korea in this area is dangerous. N. Korea does have military units tasked for cyber operations and has had them for some time now.

And if North korea had done this they would be shouting it from the roof tops as a victory over us western pigs or what ever.

More likely a 3rd party stiring the pot.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:35 PM

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica

LMAO N.Korea!!!!

Get real.

Edward Snowden: U.S., Israel ‘Co-Wrote’ Cyber Super Weapon Stuxnet

US-Israeli Stuxnet Cyber-attacks against Iran: “Act of War”

NATO research team calls Stuxnet attack on Iran an 'act of force'

Legal Experts: Stuxnet Attack on Iran Was Illegal ‘Act of Force’

An Unprecedented Look at Stuxnet, the World’s First Digital Weapon

Has the NSA Been Using the Heartbleed Bug as an Internet Peephole?

Senators Okay With Spying On Citizens, But Outraged It Happened To Congress

At Berkeley, Rand Paul Condemns NSA, CIA Spying

CIA Admits Spying On Senate Computers

Judge questions evidence on whether NSA spying is too broad

Congress Still Has No Idea How Much the NSA Spies on Americans

* Court Allowed NSA To Spy On All But 4 Countries

NSA monitored calls of 35 world leaders after US official handed over contacts

* Foreign Governments Consider Reverting To Typewriters To Thwart NSA Surveillance

Top senator: Obama didn't know of U.S. spying on Germany's leader

US escalates campaign against North Korea

Evidence in Sony hack attack suggests possible involvement by Iran, China or Russia, intel source says (LMAO!)

Judge Rules Obama's Abuse Of Executive Orders Is "Unconstitutional"

North Korea

North Korea denies hacking Sony, U.S. stands by its assertion

- - Now tell me who has a history of cyber-terrorism, uncheck & unauthorized access to 193 countries - - except: Britain, Canada, Australia and New Zealand?

Welcome to the 1st American “Cyber False-Flag”. . .

That's the picture I was referring to in another thread when I said NK wasn't capable of doing this. Co-axial cables and a commercial track-ball from the 1990's because they have limited access to stuff.

The best hackers have had computers since they were born, have been writing code, possibly been through school, high school and university being taught by very intelligent people whilst self learning at home and in some cases have access to the most sophisticated PC on the market (in the case of government establishments even more sophisticated).

What percentage of NK would you imagine sits in that bracket? None.

I don't know if the NSA did it, I would imagine if you wanted a false flag to start a war, this is the worst one ever, because no one has been killed and most people are totally unaffected by it.

Perhaps once Uncle Sam world police play their cards, put NK on their self created Terrorist State list, ratchet up sanctions then the real hackers will come out and show the rest of the world all the egg on Sams face. That should take them down a peg or two.

Ahh the hypocrisy know no bounds, it really doesn't where America is involved.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:37 PM

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

Like China would not help them in this. Its not hard for lil kim to hire some goons from China to bring over a few new PC's and go to town hacking whoever.

I think this is all more wag the dog to get everyone's anger off Obama's tail.

Why would China help North Korea to attack a Japanese company? What has it got to do with Obama? It's Sony, not NORAD?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:32 PM
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

China wouldn't waste its time on this silly operation.

This is probably lone wolves who are delighted to have NK be blamed

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:31 AM
a reply to: TheCrowMan

You don't need the latest gear to hack into systems, quite often its more about time and patience and theres plenty of software out there to automate the basic parts of it and just because north korea's internet is a few tin cans with some string doesn't mean they can't send some guy to the US or somewhere else with a decent internet link with a few grand in his pocket and a disk full of tools and let him go

Sony's has been hacked left right and centre over the years by loads of people, probably i could do it myself with a bit of time on shodan-hq to find a open vector to get in and from there its fun times ahoy

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:50 PM
As North Korea Loses Internet, Anonymous, Others Question Whether It Really Hacked Sony

MANY experts doubt N Korea did Hack:

"I have yet to see evidence of North Korea behind this," Kyle Wilhoit, a senior threat researcher at Trend Micro, a Japanese security firm, told HuffPost on Monday. Wilhoit argued that just because the FBI sees similarities between the code used in the Sony hack and other North Korean malware doesn't mean it was the same attacker.

Marc Rogers, head of security for the recurring hacking conference Def Con, argued in a blog post Sunday that the FBI's claim that certain Internet protocol (IP) addresses point to North Korea "is perhaps the least convincing of all." IP addresses, Rogers noted, "are often quite nebulous things."

Meanwhile, Kim Zetter wrote in Wired that nation-state attackers "generally don’t chastise their victims for having poor security" or post "stolen data to Pastebin," as occurred in the Sony hack. "These are all hallmarks of hacktivists -- groups like Anonymous and LulzSec," Zetter wrote.

A hacktivist associated with Anonymous told The Huffington Post that "Anonymous doubts that [North Korea] did that Sony Attack." As to who might be behind it, the hacktivist suggested "a troll or the U.S. government. Some people just want to see the world burn
" (Here's the reference, for those unfamiliar.)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
a reply to: JDmOKI

"I really don't think the attack occurred in North Korea. I read that they train abroad and launch attacks from mulitple locations around the globe."

Very true! And the "attack map" I saw during ATS' meltdown, showed most of the cyber-traffic coming out of South America. And at least Brazil was so furious at America's wide-spread spying, that they wanted to form their own Internet, totally separate from America's.
"When Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff postponed her official visit to the US in protest of National Security Agency spying activities on Tuesday, it seemed like a routine bit of diplomatic posturing.

"But another one of her proposals could perhaps be more significant: a set of measures intended to extricate the internet in Brazil from under the influence of the US and its tech giants.

"Some are claiming the country is embarking on a course that will cut itself off from the internet. To international policy experts however, Rousseff's proposals offer a more open and comprehensive discussion of issues that have been quietly brewing in the internet community."

(NOTE: So maybe North Korea had the "help" of an incipient but sophisticated "new" Internet in South America. Maybe with the blessings of those in S. America who wanted to "retaliate" against the U.S. for all the NSA spying last year.)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:36 AM

"Whether North Korea was responsible for the Sony hack or not, the consensus is that North Korea has some of the best hackers in the world.

"There have been some reports recently about North Korea’s special cyber warfare unit, known as Bureau 121. The North Korean government has made grooming its “cyber warriors” a top priority for decades, and has given first class treatment to its hackers.

"Jang Se-yul, a North Korean defector who now leads an organization called North Korea People’s Liberation Front in Seoul, could have been one of them."

(NOTE: While this doesn't exactly prove North Korea was behind the Sony hackers - since I, like most, still lean toward a Sony inside job - it DOES make mincemeat of the title of this thread.)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:41 AM

new topics

<< 1  2   >>