It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cutting down rainforests actually changes the weather and potentially causes climate change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Well, if we stopped treating Earth's oceans like a toilet/garbage dump ...

Unfortunately, we haven't perfected poop rockets yet.

LOL...have you seen the futurama episode where the large ball of garbage that the ejected into space was coming back around full circle and was going to take out the earth ?

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

considering trees ,especially forests seem to regulate the climate and the rainfall i would think there is a very good chance the extreme weather is caused by the lack of trees...or at least contributing to it

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
And people knew about it for a long time already.... dispicable

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sinter Klaas
And people knew about it for a long time already.... dispicable

i agree.....sadly the business model of the world is not compatible with nature

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SalientSkivvy
lol umm well duhhh... I don't understand why this needs to be pointed out to people....

im sorry i did not realize this was common knowledge, i had no idea main stream schools taught this kind of knowledge .....my bad

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
My older brother told me that the ancient Romans created the Sahara desert by growing the majority of their food grains down there using farming practices that destroyed the soil, like the dust bowl in 1930s U.S.

I never dug too deep on that one, but they did do a lot of farming in Northwest Africa, however, nothing near the size of the current desert. There may be an area they destroyed by farming that caused erosion of the soil, not certain about that though.

Desertification has been a well know effect for ages, but I'd say that the details took some time to figure out.

I wonder if all plants do the same as trees when they breathe? Hopefully they will be studying that soon.

ETA: I should read these articles closer.

The bacteria are released by all broad-leafed plants

edit on 24-12-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Its amazing to see the effects that the forests have on our biosphere. We have so much to learn. I was read recenlty about mushrooms can cause it to rain.

As for global warming being man made or not. What does it matter its not a risk worth taking the stakes are too high.
Great thread..

Purp..:-)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Mushrooms...Wow i will have to look into that...thx for the info

And i agree about global warming..why is irrelevant at this point we simply need to be pro-active and adapt to the coming change on a global level.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join