It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS's new shroud of creepiness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Now that you're saying it I kind of know what you mean. Creepy clown, creepy old man, a hazy impression of Mitch McConnel staring at me from the corner...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
You think its creepy? this was posted here yesterday....

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Where is all that stuff?? I don't see any of it?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Haha! I loved that one

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I agree, too much going on at once! The NLBS links drive me nuts and don't get me started on the "help us by donating" business.

I loved your example of the VERY creepy Ronald McDonald clown...I've had the unfortunate experience of seeing him IN THE FLESH several times, at my work. And, no I do not work at Micky D 's, lol.

This is totes appropriate and hopefully the owners will listen to your complaints.

S&F!

edit on 21-12-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Im on Firefox, and I use the ol' Control+Mouse Wheel to enlarge my screen to the point that the stuff off to the side is gone.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

They're all topics discussed on ATS. Unfortunately, the captions are all positioned with intimidating looking images which gives an impression of negativity all the way around. I increase my screen viewing size to 125% and barely see them because they so far out of my line of screen site.

edit on 21-12-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
it is like wheres waldo! lol

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

Hold down the control key and scroll your mouse wheel up. Your screen will zoom in until the crap on the left and right sides, which I agree is overly pushy, is no longer viewable. This is what I do, and apparently Jude too. For whatever reason, I always assumed most ATSers did, but apparently not from the responses on this thread.

/thread

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I apologize to everyone who genuinely made an effort to contribute to this thread and has now had all of their stars revoked because someone decided it belonged in the board business section instead of being a rant as the author (me) intended. I'll try to be more careful with my wording next time and also specifically include the fact that I placed it in the rant section for a reason so those less able to pick up on such things wont make the same mistake so easily.

Thanks all for contributing anyway. I very much appreciate the effort and the great advice some of you have provided!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm sorry but aren't you being a tad oversensitive?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

I'm sorry but aren't you being a tad oversensitive?

No. Quit assaulting me with your cruel words!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If art imitates life, then our world is chaotic at the moment. These times are not the best of times and it reflects through us. I can see you taking the picture of my avatar as creepy. I'm just an Alice Cooper fan. Not everything I post is good or evil. I reserve the right of being wrong because I'm only human. That doesn't mean I cannot express myself and sometimes shine through the darkness. We all do.

Don't sweat the little stuff. There's enough darkness without making up more. Life is indeed great if only you let it be.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

LoL!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
my only complaint would be that the site looks too cluttered. sometimes less is more.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I prefer the old Ats site before it transformed, it was simpler and didn't have all these faces starring from out the screen.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
Horrible feng shui! The mood is like something from an animal abuse site.

I'm going to have to let you know that it appears many of our visitors disagree.

The NLBS "skin" has been responsible for hundreds of new subscribers to our videos. Additionally, they're quality subscribers as they typically watch nearly all of the video.

It's unfortunate that you don't like how it looks -- however -- is working amazingly well for the purpose intended.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hey Skeptic, thanks for including some input. I hope that the intended effect for you and the ATS community outweighs the unintended effects.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Personally I don't see anything angry or creepy about the layout.

On my computer right now all I see is a please help ATS recover banner. Nothing creepy about that.

A cartoon bull thats sick of the Shizzle. Kinda cool, not creepy in my opinion.

Some hippy like dude smiling with some red hat on or something. Not too creepy.

Some guy holding up a peace sign. Not creepy.

So to me I think its all in the mind of the beholder and how they interpret the stimuli around them when viewing the page. Most will not find anything creepy. Some will find something inauspicious in just about anything.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Those England Mason Illuminatti trolls can leave a.t.s alone. I love the way people tell it like it is. So, it must be a conspiracy ,why you so worried about it? thats just the way it is. ThE CloWnS are back in town. 2015 IS the year of thee owl. Rite U Alls black is back and white is right. what.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join