It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'#ShootThePolice': Crazed man's online ranting before executing two NYPD officers, committing sui

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Wow! So essentially you've moved into the realm of victim blaming as well. Last I checked a US citizen was still able to own a gun 30 years ago. So what laws could have been different that would have saved those victims' lives? The LEOs involved with that case gave up everything. There were hospital visits, there were divorces, there were deaths. But I guess that's all deserved since their police. Who cares that they sacrificed everything they had to stop the most prolific serial killer in US history.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

He simply said , that is youre opinion and youre welcome to have it.........thats a kind way of saying "well I just dont agree"

No. Telling someone that "their entitled to their opinion" is an underhanded insult.

Rather then saying youre an idiot for making the assumption that all cops are bad........

Which is really what it is.........bigoted and foolish....

Nope. Acting in the role of LEO, a police officer is an agent of the state. Acting as agent of the state is separate from "mah uncle who be a good person."

Because, yes, that human being that you know may very well be a good person--but when that good person is acting as agent of the state, they are now a bad officer. And yes, all police are bad.

All cops enforce despotic laws, therefore all cops are bad.

That statement is not bigoted. It is the truth.

What is even worse is the police officer enforcing bad laws with his "good intentions." There is nothing that we should fear more than ignorance coupled with power.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
a reply to: opethPA

I didn't agree with your opinion and I figured you weren't open to logically discussing it so I said "you opinion and more then welcome to enjoy it" so that makes me a dip#..

I'll logically discuss anything. You're the one that copped-out with the "That's like, you're opinion, man" bs.

I don't need your permission to have an opinion nor to enjoy it.

That is clearly evident by your calling me a dip# because I didn't agree with your opinion.

Then you could have chosen a better way to express your difference of opinion other than using underhanded insults.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

How many people do you see that actually open-carry in the US?

I can name 10 families on my block that don't own weapons. If someone broke into their home they would just "call the police."

So, yes, I am victim blaming.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Next time you need help, call a crack dealer then..not all cops are good but you can't say they're all bad.

The next time I need help doing what?

Fixing a leaky faucet? Don't need the police for that.
Getting to work on time? Don't the police for the that.
Relaxing at home? Don't need the police for that.

I am not really sure what I need them to help me with and why you would assume that there would ever exist such a scenario that would require me to ask for their help.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

This may be the first time I've ever straight out attacked a user on this site. However in this case any repercussions are deserved. You're a horrible human being.

I don't really care. Those cops didn't save those 90 people so your whole point is moot.

As I said, cops can only react after the fact. 90 people were already killed, someone somewhere would have stood up to the killer themselves.

If victim number 1 had defended themselves, police action would have been pointless.

We don't need cops to protect us. All we need them to do is to arrest a guilty party. That's their only responsibility.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

But without the police it could have easily been another 90+. Just look at countries with "lesser" police forces. Brazil has a number of serial killers whose record is well over 100. Russia's most prolific serial killer was arrested early on but thanks to corruption was allowed to kill for over a decade.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
When system doesn't work don't be surprised when this kind of stuff happens. Does it make it right, NO. Police departments nationwide should be taking notice and making changes.

Who controls police department budget. Who controls what kind of training police officers are required to take. The local government does. People need to get rid of old city council are failing them and vote for people that will make the changes needed.

We need to change how police are trained. They need to be trained to be peace keepers, not soldiers with a badge thinking the general public is the enemy and they can treat us however they want.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

just off the top of my head, what if your car gets stolen, a family member gets abducted, you're in a car wreck, to name a few. Every place that has a substantial number of people in it needs some type of law and order. That's how they did it back in the Old West, for example. Or else before you know it you're overrun with thieves, crack dealers, low-lifes, and such. Maybe we should just let the doors open to all the prisons and let the murderers out? After all, prison guards are cops. Deputies guard the county jails.

You can say blah blah you don't need anyone and your firepower blah blah will outgun anyone but let me tell you there is always someone bigger and badder than you. That's why ideally cops and laws are put to good use.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Im not sure advertising that Ridgway killed 90 is great example of how awesome the police are, here in the Picton/Pigfarm murders the various police forces were either in ego driven pissing matches or completley disregarded the 40 or so victims.."they were just hookers"..just saying. Try an examples where the crimes took less than decades to solve.
Im not suporting the murder of the 2 officers in any way.

edit on 21-12-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I understand that you don't need the police to protect you. When I am off duty I don't depend on them to protect me either.

As an officer I always tell people that they should own a firearm because most of the time we are minutes away.

That being said do you not feel that the police help to keep some sort of order in society?

Do you think society would function the same way as it does now with no police?

Do you think crime would increase, decrease, or stay the same?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Next time you need help, call a crack dealer then..not all cops are good but you can't say they're all bad.

The next time I need help doing what?

Fixing a leaky faucet? Don't need the police for that.
Getting to work on time? Don't the police for the that.
Relaxing at home? Don't need the police for that.

I am not really sure what I need them to help me with and why you would assume that there would ever exist such a scenario that would require me to ask for their help.

Just wait until some jack-wad forgets to put their car in park, thereby rolling into yours and damaging a door. (True story, from just last week.)

Your insurance company won't be too happy to settle that claim without a police-filed accident report.

But sure, go on foaming at the mouth and yelling your macho "We don't need no stinkin cops!" drivel if you wish..

And for the record, I am pro self-defense, yet not blinded by irrational hatred of authority. They are an essential part of society. Unless you'd like to go clean up the blood and guts on the highway after wrecks?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
This won't be the last.

They kept pushing and now people are pushing back.

Peace

This guy was a freekin nut job! This is pushing back?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Eric Garner died because he was so out of shape he
couldn't take being arrested in the manner that he
himself provoked. And Micheal Brown simply got
what was coming to him. At least the dumb ass had
the brains to blow himself away. Why didn't he just
skip the part where he killed two innocent people?
####en idiot!

edit on Ram122114v36201400000017 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Two innocent people are dead.
Their lives matter.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Eric Garner died because he was so out of shape he couldn't take being arrested in the manner that he himself provoked

Yeah, you're right. The fat lazy bastard should have got himself into better shape so he could defend himself against thug cops that use a choke hold (banned btw) on him. :/

Seriously?

And "he himself provoked".....how exactly did he do that? Violating some tax laws by selling cigarettes on the street? (if he was doing that)....

God, I don't know what we'd do without those wonderful cops enforcing tax codes to keep us all safe from those selling a few lousy cigarettes in the streets....Thank GOD for them!

That being said.....On Brown, I agree.
On this lunatic, I also agree.....stupid, stupid, stupid....and VERY counterproductive to any "cause" (if there is such a thing). This will only cause MORE violence, by both cops and subsequently by police.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Why is it always some crazy guy that decides to off some random cops?
Why is it that not a single "crazy" person has tried to off the pigs that murdered Kelly Thomas (or the plethora of other clear victims of state sponsored violence)? Now THAT, I could roll with.

These people offing random cops and then trying to justify it all by saying "all cops are bad" are gd stupid! It's rather infuriating.

If you're going to target pigs, target ACTUAL pigs that are on record as "bad"....you know, the murderous, raping, pillaging type of low life scum the world could (and would) live better off without.

.....but it seems that doesn't happen, it's always target some random cop in a car. Seems cowardly to me.
Now, go after some truly bad guys (criminals and pigs alike) and one might get some respect from some of us out here.

I will admit to often painting with a fairly broad brush....but the damned brush I paint with is definitely NOT as large as this lunatic's.....not to mention he offed his gf prior to murdering two cops.
As others said, at least the pos killed him self.....f him!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

The fat lazy bastard

As long as you remember these are your words?
That's fine with me. Even in the case of this slight
difference of opinion.

edit on Ram122114v312014u19 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

And these are yours.
I'll gladly own my words, since they were sarcastic in nature.
Is it not what you are essentially saying? If not, clarify if you will.

Eric Garner died because he was so out of shape he couldn't take being arrested in the manner that he himself provoked.

And how did he "provoke" being placed in a choke hold that was banned some time ago? How does that work out?

Even in this case of this slight difference of opinion.

Yeah, that's about all it was/is. Other than that, like I said, I agreed.

Not that I take it all too personally anymore. I'm just out here keeping me and mine, beyond that it's just filler and observation.
This sh#t ain't changin' [for the better, that is] any time soon and I have conceded that fact. I'm just hunkered down, trying to stay away from the pigs and all the other criminals alike.

The heart of man is essentially corrupted. How can productive change come from a corrupted heart? (Rhetorical question with only one logical answer.......it can't)

Good day to you....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join