It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 NYC officers dead in ambush-style shooting

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer
Why is anyone suprised ? I am only wondering why it took this long for someone to snap. The apologists can cry all they want and point fingers but the blame goes to a failed justice system , and these rabid dogs with badges beating and murdering without consequence. And I have a feeling this just the beginning. Sorry I just have no empathy for anyone in the profession. You can blame the police union too. They need a rico case brought against them.

From 2012 data, they are saying that there were about 400 deadly force incidents per over 12 million arrests. And these are only arrests. So, in .00003 percent of all arrests made in the U.S. someone ended up dead, and in those 400 and some cases the majority were not black males either. Add to that the millions of other police interactions with the public that do not lead to arrests and this police being out of control thing is almost a non-issue. Even if this number has doubled in the past two years that is still a negligible amount.

And please note that this in no way negates or condones the incidents where people do die needlessly. There should be scrutiny to ensure they don't signal an escalating trend, but they are by no means the norm or even approaching the norm.

When all that is brought to our attention is the bad, all we tend to see is the bad, and when people start reacting to only the bad in insane ways like this, escalation will be the reaction, and that will not be good for anyone. In other words, everyone needs to take a beat and keep things in perspective. We're doing this to ourselves by letting the media reporting only the sensational incidents and beating them into us non-stop lead us by the nose. We all need to be smarter and better than this.
edit on 12/22/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

No there is no logical fallacy in my ethos

Relativist Fallacy

Hey man, It's a free country, your opinions reasoning can be determined by rational thought and logic or you may choose to be ruled by irrational thought and emotions.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Honestly, this doesn't surprise me in the least. In fact, I fully expect more of this to happen going forward. Police Worldwide are developing a bad reputation (right or wrong) and its catching up to them. I expect we'll be hearing about more Cop deaths in the coming months, sadly.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
So very sad all this senseless death. There are talks about reform and changes, but it never happens. It will continue. Carry on with business as usual.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think many people here have experienced an orgasm when in Kiev burned alive by the police internal troops and the golden eagle

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18791659]

Police Worldwide are developing a bad reputation (right or wrong) and its catching up to them.

Educate yourself before you make such claims. The US is not the whole world, and the US police is certainly not "police worldwide".

Many countries around the world have few or no problems at all with the police.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Shamrock6

The man opened a door and shot them and it appears they didn't know he was there - both shot in the back of the head.

You have an answer to anything that appears to be a short coming in police work. May you are not the best example of police work then?

This is the part that does not make sense to me. If he opened the door, they surely would have at the very least turn their heads, so how could they BOTH be shot in the back of the head. The amount of time it would take to open the car door, and fire TWO perfect shots to the backs of their heads, would be about 3-5 second at the very least. Logic would lead me to say that at least one of them would have been shot in the face when they heard the first sound of the door opening.

I have yet to see anywhere that he opened the door prior to shooting. RoadGravel elected not to provide any source for that claim. Can you?

Was responding to the quoted text in my post. They said he opened the door. Didnt they?
This:

The man opened a door and shot them and it appears they didn't know he was there - both shot in the back of the head.

If by "they" you mean road gravel and yourself then yes "they" did say it. I haven't seen a single article, still, that says he opened "the door." Road declined to provide any source that said the guy opened a door up before shooting them. Road was also busy trying to pin the blame for being murdered on the officers when he said it.

edit on 22-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Eta

edit on 22-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: omg so many typos.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Again I dont care and have no reason to care. Maybe im bitter but for good reason like the many. No there is no logical fallacy in my ethos. A two way street ? Explain ? Police put themselves in the line of fire and when they are killed on the job it is part of the norm. A crack head could have easily killed 2 cops without it being national news. It is the motives that piss off the apoligists. Because it is said to be retaliation. And that makes some people uncomfortable. They just another statistic as far as im concerned. Violence begets violence. Several corrupt police officers that operate with impunity created dissent make no mistake. The supreme court dun goofed with Dorner. It seems to be the last straw it is what it is.

If you don't care....why should anybody else care what happens to you?

And before the inevitable response of "they shouldn't/I didn't ask anybody to/blah blah blah" I'll simply ask this: if that's your opinion, why are you even here? Why post? Why comment? Why read anything, if you don't care?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Cauliflower

That was the notive?

You mean "Motive". Did the cop killer kill himself? Too bad we can't ask him.

I have no idea about all that other stuff you just typed.

The motive was what he said on his Instagram page.

LINK
Crap. I don't believe anything a killer says. A killer is surely a liar. Look at the photo in that link. He don't tie his shoes. He don't even have shoe laces.

Well I don't know what else to tell you then, you asked what his motive was and his tweet explained it all. It was revenge for Michael Brown and Eric Garner, he even said he was gonna kill two.

Let me say it again. He's a killer. I don't believe anything he "says".

Look at it another way. A person that wants to kill themselves may not be "up" to it, needing another resin to "take it over the top". They work themselves up saying, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it… and then they don't. Finally, in one of those fits they decide to really do something that will force the issue. in one of their self destructive fits they decide they are really gonna do it this time and decide to take someone else first, thus 'sealing" their fate.

Someone doesn't just kill themselves out of the blue. it takes a long time to get there, going through phases, ramping up the excuses and justification. After all suicide is murder, too. That he took someone else (like some famously do) shows his low respect for life in general. What a cop out.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeSignal

In a strange irony, this illustrates why cops are shooting so many suspects. They have to work in neighborhoods where there is not just criminality, it is embraced as a way of life and even a sort of "style". The "thug life" is something to be aspired to by too many young guys in a lot of these neighborhoods, its in their music, its who they look up to and aspire to be. And these police see shootings day after day after day, until EVERYONE looks like a potential shooter. And its just that easy, you can be sitting in a squad car, and get your head blown off for wearing a uniform. They know what these individuals are capable of, because they see it every day in what they do to each other. They see people shot dead for looking at someone funny, or "not respecting" the shooter. So they become jaded and cynical. They see so much subhuman behavior by violent individuals in ghetto areas,they start to treat everyone they encounter in these areas as subhuman.So they tend to shoot first and ask questions later. Its significant that this individual told people "look what I am about to do". He wanted to be remembered in the thug culture, to be looked up to. And he will by too many people. Yes, some cops are out of control, but they are a symptom, not the illness. The illness is out of control violence and criminality in some black neighborhoods. And NO ONE is willing to admit it. And I dont buy the rationalization that this is occurring because of poverty. There are scores of places in the world in much more extreme poverty, and they don't kill each other like this. This is a cultural embracing of violence by a subset of the population.

And to be fair, there is a cultural embracing of violence by mass media. The Sopranos, breaking bad, violent video games, violent movies. We live in a culture where increasingly violence is illustrated as the way to get what you want. We pickle our kids in this from a very early age. But the black culture it seems escpecially ingrained.

And they are not the only ones living in fear. Every time you go out in a city near one of these neighborhoods, you have to live in fear of either yourself or loved ones being gunned down and murdered, or robbed or carjacked by these predators, and this is happening to black and white people alike. I was almost carjacked in my old neighborhood by two young men, one walking towards, me while the other came around behind me (I was lucky enough to move away from that area a year later) at 5 AM one morning, the only thing that saved me I believe was that my debit card wouldn't work and I didn't fill the car up as a result, As I was driving away, they started walking towards a young woman in a car with a baby. I called the cops. A week later, a cop was shot dead a block away. I will always wonder if it was the same thugs who did it. You don't forget things like this. People live in constant fear of violence by this kind of crime. Where are the protests to end that? I think its so ironic that they are protesting living in fear of the cops when so many people, white and black alike, live in fear of the way black thugs conduct themselves, and there is no mention of it. Maybe if they started confronting this reality, things could really change for the better.

I am not a racist, its simply the TRUTH that no one will state.
edit on 22-12-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
Honestly, this doesn't surprise me in the least. In fact, I fully expect more of this to happen going forward. Police Worldwide are developing a bad reputation (right or wrong) and its catching up to them. I expect we'll be hearing about more Cop deaths in the coming months, sadly.

.......... and conversely more thugs will also be shot and killed as cops will be more on the defensive in fearing for their lives. I heard something interesting where a former Boston police chief said nowadays most thugs with firearms will exchange fire with cops when told to drop their weapon where in previous days most were apt to drop their weapon and give themselves up.

(post by smkymcnugget420 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sean
So very sad all this senseless death. There are talks about reform and changes, but it never happens. It will continue. Carry on with business as usual.

I cant see how this mans actions are a call for changing anything. He was a nut and the anti cop nuts are so desperate for a hero they will take anything. As time goes on it will become very clear just what a nut this guy was. Shot his girl friend first before he went hunting......nut job.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
GOOD. NYPD are scumbag ass holes. they deserved it i guarantee

Nice comment. Hopefully you don't have a 13 year old son, and if you do, you're not gunned down when you don't see it coming, and your son doesn't lament that it's the worst day of his life. Hopefully with an attitude like yours God didn't let you procreate and pass your subpar genes to the next generation. See you in hell, Jackwagon.

(post by smkymcnugget420 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If we think there is an injustice with the way police are enforcing the laws, what if we took the police away? Do we think we would have a better justice system? It would be a free for all and I suspect the abuses would be greater. It seems we want to live in a society that doesn't enforce the laws we have.

In Browns case, he strong armed a store owner. Should he have been able to get away with that? He then charges a cop like a bull. Should the cops have ran?

In Garner's case, he was arrested before. He was arrested 30 times in the past. He dies from a heart attack after resisting arrest and the cops are to blame?

It seems we are infuriated at the "abuse" of the lowest common denominator in this country. Abuse in the sense that these two people thought the law didn't apply to them.

I am not saying there are not real abuses by law enforcement but we sure did pick two winners here. I don't know about anyone else but I am sure not crying over Brown's death and I am actually glad that animal is off the street. Garner is a bit more tragic but I don't think resisting arrest with all of those health problems was a wise choice on his part. He would have been alive today if he would have just complied with the arrest. I don't blame the cops for that.

Now, lets look at the two cops that were executed for being who they are. Not a chance in hell to plead their case. No confrontation at all. Just a straight up blindside execution and people are cheering that? Saying somehow these cops deserved it?

Civilized adults need to take control of this country as opposed to the so many children we have in positions of power. Edit to add, the Mayor of NY is a joke and exactly the type of person that needs to be behind a broom as opposed to running an entire city. What an embarrassment he is.
edit on 22-12-2014 by truckdriver42 because: Mayor

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The whole system is at fault. If everyone was just given everything they wanted when they wanted it there would be no reason for all of this criminal behavior. It's not rocket science, people!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeSignal
This just in...

2 NYC officers dead in ambush-style shooting

NEW YORK — Two New York City police officers have died after being shot ambush-style in their parked patrol car Saturday. An armed man walked up to the vehicle and opened fire before fleeing to a nearby subway station where he apparently committed suicide, police said.

Seems like the catastrophies just keeps on coming right now. Dark times.

The reason for this incident is rumored to be the Brown shooting and the Garner choking. The perp was rumored to have posted on facebook that he would murder cops as revenge. - The New York Post

I am afraid to guess what this will end up with, it is a sad day.

My thoughts go to the officers families and loved ones.

I have some original pictures taking by my roommate of the crime scene on the 20th.

My roommates and I live about 400 feet from the crime scene.

How do I upload/post them? When I click on the photo upload button it just has a blank bar that pops up without the ability to choose a file?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join