It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 NYC officers dead in ambush-style shooting

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

FERGUSON ACTION COALITION ISSUES STATEMENT IN RESPONSE TO TODAY’S MURDER OF TWO NYPD OFFICERS

New York, NY — Ferguson Action, the wide coalition first conceived in Ferguson, MO and recently responsible for the series of highly organized responses to police killings and abuses nation-wide has issued the following statement in response to the murder of two NYPD officers in Brooklyn earlier today:

"We are shocked and saddened by the news of two NYPD officers killed today in Brooklyn. We mourned with the families of Eric Garner and Mike Brown who experienced unspeakable loss, and similarly our hearts go out to the families of these officers who are now experiencing that same grief. They deserve all of our prayers.

#BLACKLIVESMATTER ISSUES RESPONSE TO TODAY’S MURDER OF TWO NYPD OFFICERS

New York, NY — #BlackLivesMatter, a national grassroots and social media driven movement at the heart of much of the recent mobilizations against police violence has issued the following statement in response to today’s murders of two NYPD officers:

"Our hearts grieve with New York, a community already reeling from the losses of Eric Garner, Ramarley Graham, Kimani Gray, Akai Gurley, Islan Nettles and many more. An eye for an eye is not our vision of justice, and we who have taken to the streets seeking justice and liberation know that we need deep transformation to correct the larger institutional problems of racial profiling, abuse, and violence.

"We know all too well the pain and the trauma that follows the senseless loss of our family members and loved ones. We extend our hearts and prayers to the families of those who lost their loved ones this week. No one should suffer the loss of those whom they love.

tumblr

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

All stereotyping is bad.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeSignal

The photograph with the police tape was taken on Grand Blvd, Tarpon Springs Florida.

From Google Earth 28° 8'51.18"N 82°45'31.68"W the condo's are on the right.

There was a Miami Cocaine kingpin living in the mansion across the street named Jorge Annexy.
Still listed as owner of the mansion according to Pinellas county appraisers office.

Jorge struck a plea bargain in exchange for exposing some of the top Miami drug network.

Seemed like a reasonable solution, stop the flow of illegal drugs before they get in the country.

Maybe he turned his life around and was working with the feds?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Clearly was a different group of protesters than those you mentioned in your post.

edit on 21-12-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Thanks for the info. Some more info here USA Today

The shooting occurred around 3 a.m. at an apartment complex on Grand Boulevard in Tarpon Springs, about 25 miles northwest of Tampa. Police were originally called for a noise ordinance complaint with a suspect banging on residential doors. When police arrived the suspect shot Kondek and then attempted to flee in a vehicle but crashed his car into a pole and then a vehicle.

Police have scheduled a news conference for Sunday afternoon to provide more details about the incident.

Seems like it has no relation to the NY incident.
Still, tragic and not acceptable.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Shamrock6

The man opened a door and shot them and it appears they didn't know he was there - both shot in the back of the head.

You have an answer to anything that appears to be a short coming in police work. May you are not the best example of police work then?

This is the part that does not make sense to me. If he opened the door, they surely would have at the very least turn their heads, so how could they BOTH be shot in the back of the head. The amount of time it would take to open the car door, and fire TWO perfect shots to the backs of their heads, would be about 3-5 second at the very least. Logic would lead me to say that at least one of them would have been shot in the face when they heard the first sound of the door opening.

I have yet to see anywhere that he opened the door prior to shooting. RoadGravel elected not to provide any source for that claim. Can you?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Understood. While I disagree with the temper tantrum aspect, I see what you meant by your earlier comment. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Ugly, sane, beautiful, insane, caring, hurtful, peaceful, violent... all descriptive words that can apply to anyone anywhere.

All cops aren't bad. All cops aren't good.
All protesters aren't good. All protesters aren't bad.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Rezlooper

All stereotyping is bad.

"Black lives Matter" ?

Just seems like all lives matter...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Yes #blacklivesmatter because too many people think they don't and that translates into tragic consequences. It should be noted that it isn't #onlyblacklivesmatter.
edit on 12/21/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeSignal

Murder Comes In Threes?

The murdered Tarpon Springs officer had worked as a New York city police officer back in the 1990's.
He would have known the area near the mansion and probably even the drug group in the apartments.
None of the media reports in this thread appear very definitive.

Just wait and see how the stories progress.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple

Things can change peacefully, it happens more than people realize.

Sure, all of us non-police, non-military, non-government, poor "sheeple" could all drink some Mr Jones Kool Aid and leave behind all the police, military, and gov types to beat, subvert, torture, and imprison each other. I would prefer to die free than live as a slave, personally.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Shamrock6

The man opened a door and shot them and it appears they didn't know he was there - both shot in the back of the head.

You have an answer to anything that appears to be a short coming in police work. May you are not the best example of police work then?

This is the part that does not make sense to me. If he opened the door, they surely would have at the very least turn their heads, so how could they BOTH be shot in the back of the head. The amount of time it would take to open the car door, and fire TWO perfect shots to the backs of their heads, would be about 3-5 second at the very least. Logic would lead me to say that at least one of them would have been shot in the face when they heard the first sound of the door opening.

I have yet to see anywhere that he opened the door prior to shooting. RoadGravel elected not to provide any source for that claim. Can you?

Hopefully this will solve the debate about the shooter opening the car door or not.

There, he approached a marked police vehicle parked in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood around 2:45 p.m. He "took a shooting stance" and fired a handgun several times through the window, New York Police Commissioner William Bratton said at a news conference.

source
edit on 21-12-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

That's all I've seen so far. Thanks

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There is literally a new one every day:

boingboing.net...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979
There is literally a new one every day:

boingboing.net...

Hardly a "new one" dude. Nor does it pertain to two cops being shot in NYC

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
All black lives matter........... only if the life was taken by a black cop. No protests for the 2,000+ black on black murders this year.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So a murder suicide nut is about to off himself and in the parlance of our times and seeking their share of denied fame kills two cops instead of movie goers, kids in a school room or students on a college campus.

I doubt the perpetrator cared much which target would get them on the front page of every website as long as it did that.

A "blaze of internet glory", a last laugh at everyone from the grave.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
How did we get here? We know there are some big news stories of certain cops killing and getting away with it. Their conduct is illegal and yet they walk away Scott free. There are far more legal/responsible gun owners than the ones that go on shooting sprees yet, I and MILLIONS of other respnsible gun owners are paying the price for these acts. I guess right now, some cops are going to be held responsible for the actions of some.
I think this all fall into the signs of a turn in our own American spring. I'm not advocating anything, just point out observations.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That was the notive?

I thought maybe the officers were on a drug stakeout?
While they were watching a suspected address out the drivers side window Ishmael snuck up and shot through the passenger side window. The shot passed through the glass then the back of the head of the first officer and out the eyeball. Then the bullet entered the back of the second officers head killing them instantly as well.

The perp then ran around to the unbroken drivers side window and dropped a bag of shells (where the police put the little yellow numbered signs) along with a polaroid of himself in a shooters stance.

Elementary my dear Watson

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join