It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 NYC officers dead in ambush-style shooting

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Ouch! That hurts the heart and I weep for this kid now.

Let's hope for a solid family that can go through this and support each other in this complete tragedy.

Let's hope for a small altering in the human condition, so we can progress from this, and understand that we are all the same. We want peace. Those that don't want peace aren't human. Simple as that.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: JoeSignal
This just in...

2 NYC officers dead in ambush-style shooting

NEW YORK — Two New York City police officers have died after being shot ambush-style in their parked patrol car Saturday. An armed man walked up to the vehicle and opened fire before fleeing to a nearby subway station where he apparently committed suicide, police said.

Seems like the catastrophies just keeps on coming right now. Dark times.

The reason for this incident is rumored to be the Brown shooting and the Garner choking. The perp was rumored to have posted on facebook that he would murder cops as revenge. - The New York Post

I am afraid to guess what this will end up with, it is a sad day.

My thoughts go to the officers families and loved ones.

Want to know what is crazy?

This shooting happened quite literally one block from my house, in my hood. I live in the ghetto in Brooklyn, i.e. Bed Stuy, of Jay-Z and Notorious BIG fame. It's entirely possible I've seen the police in question, as at that intersection police are always on duty, either standing or in their cars.

Having said all that, no matter where someone stands on the Brown and Garner deaths and police brutality, there is no reason for someone to target random police officers for revenge or violence. Horrible.

This would be like a guy whose brother got cheated on by Sally and Jane attacking Stephanie for revenge.

Since you're from nearby, can you confirm or debunk the reports of people cheering and clapping after the attack? I saw something earlier today, not about the tweets from last night, but a report that a resident had spoken to the media and said people were "cheering and clapping and yelling things like 'that's what you get'" after the the officers were shot. What's the pulse in the neighborhood?

Thanks for the message.

I left yesterday morning at 4:00 am to go see my ailing grandma in another state. The shooting happened a number of hours later. I was waiting at 4:30 am at the subway, probably the exact stop where the suspect fled to, as it is 300 feet away from the shooting. I actually felt a really bad vibe that morning, as in one of danger or violence. I don't usually in my neighborhood.

Following your question, I just sent a message to my roommates to ask if they were around yesterday and what it's like right now.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Yes, it's completely nuts.
And what a great way of saying it, my man.

I hope you can make love grow in your neighbourhood, though.
I think that is what the people need right now. Love and patience.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
This makes me sick, people need to stop with the vitriolic hate mongering aimed at the police.

The rampant police misconduct is what earned them the vitriol. You can't just beat, rape, frame, intimidate, harass, and murder people and get away with it forever.

Look, I am against police brutality, especially when it disproportionately targets poor communities and people of color.

Having said that, most police officers do not engage in it. These guys probably did not either. There is no excuse for targeting random individuals based on the bad behavior of other individuals or a system that has problems.

That is not justice for anything.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: Shamrock6

The witness who was first on the scene...

Did not indicate there was anything but Shock.

The Live News never mentioned anything like that either

Regular People have respect for the Police.

The MSM, Our Leaders and a few other people are the only ones who want Cops hurt.

Normal People are appalled....

Some of the "quotes" this guy was claiming were said seemed a little....off for people who just witnessed a murder. I thought it sounded a little sketchy, but figured I'd ask since he's local. I didn't have a chance to really check out much in the way of news last night and there's a ton to sift through this morning, so thanks

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Okay cool, thanks man. I'll be interested to hear what they have to say if they can get back to you on it.

When you say "bad vibe, as in danger or violence" what do you mean? Like gearing up for a fight? Or mad that something like this happened?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I really hope this has no connection at all.

Police officer shot and killed in Florida

(CNN) -- A police officer in Tarpon Springs, Florida, was shot and killed early Sunday, a sheriff's spokeswoman said. A suspect is in custody. The fatal shooting occurred in a residential area in the predawn hours, said Cecilia Barreda from the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. The sheriff's office and local police are investigating. No further information was available. Tarpon Springs is located on Florida's Gulf Coast about 10 miles northwest of Tampa.

This is all the info I could find.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Okay cool, thanks man. I'll be interested to hear what they have to say if they can get back to you on it.

When you say "bad vibe, as in danger or violence" what do you mean? Like gearing up for a fight? Or mad that something like this happened?

Yeah, definitely man. I'll see what they say.

On my end it was an intuitive danger feeling. I am really intuitive and also have street smarts and a lot of experience in low income and questionable situations. So it wasn't just random nor do I feel that most days in my neighborhood.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

On my end it was an intuitive danger feeling. I am really intuitive and also have street smarts and a lot of experience in low income and questionable situations. So it wasn't just random nor do I feel that most days in my neighborhood.

That sucks man. Nobody should feel like that in their own neighborhood. I really hope things calm down and quiet down there and you can be at ease.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeSignal

Yes, it's completely nuts.
And what a great way of saying it, my man.

I hope you can make love grow in your neighbourhood, though.
I think that is what the people need right now. Love and patience.

Thanks man. Yeah.

I try to hang out, buy local, go to local barbers, go to the local YMCA, chat people up. But if I stay longer it would be good to get involved in volunteer work or poverty-alleviation.

Bed-stuy still has a lot of crime and poverty, as compared to other areas of Brooklyn and Manhattan.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

That sucks man. Nobody should feel like that in their own neighborhood. I really hope things calm down and quiet down there and you can be at ease.

Thanks dude. Well, I guess stuff like this could happen anywhere, and does to a degree. On a normal day things are fine in the area. I walk around at all times of day and night.

But it also is a bit scary living in one of the more dangerous areas of Brooklyn/NY. Not because of your everyday person walking around, but because random violence or getting caught in the cross-fire does happen. A friend was telling me that two of her friends got caught in in a gun battle there and were shot, but fortunately survived.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Mayor De Blasio’s Press Sec Attacks Police Union For ‘Dividing’ People By Criticizing De Blasio

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Wow. Nice work. /sarcasm. America is being divided...for the conquering. No one can see that through all this anger and hate.
Regardless, this just shows that people, ALL people, are incapable of change, forgiveness and civility.

I'm almost at the point where I hope the conspiracy theorists' greatest fears come into play. Total enslavement. That will stop you from killing each other and give you something else to worry about. You have such freedom and liberty and you use it to hate and kill and justify these kind of barbaric actions. (on both sides of the fence)

You freak out when cops shoot a kid armed with a bb gun (looked real) and was pointing it in a threatening manner, but cheer when a home owner blasts an unarmed "intruder" that he had 'set up'...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck America.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Haven't you ever been parked on a public street and sitting in you car? I have, using my cell phone, waiting for someone etc. There are always people walking around, especially in NYC. I've been there and there are people walking EVERYWHERE. Cops sit parked in their cars doing work all the time. Working, not worrying someone is going to walk up and shoot them. Like when I stay in the car and my better half runs into the store. I don't worry about everyone that's walking around the car or parking lot might shot me. I can see how it easily happened and its horribly sad.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: centhwevir1979

so its cool to target all cops for the actions of some cops?
just checking

So how do you know they are innocent? This abusive behavior by cops is going on EVERYWHERE, so how do you know? At this point, anybody who puts on a cop uniform has to know what they are up against because so many of their brothers have put them in a bad light. Sad to say, but that is what it's coming to and the police started it with their "us against them" mentality.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

This from SL protesters last night.

Warning - Offensive Language

The protesters chanted “Pigs in a blanket” after two NYC police officers were shot execution style in Brooklyn Saturday afternoon.

edit on 21-12-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: MrLimpet
The young son of Rafael Ramos wrote:

oh my, that will break your heart

Yes it does, and if it doesn't, there's your problem.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The man opened a door and shot them and it appears they didn't know he was there - both shot in the back of the head.

You have an answer to anything that appears to be a short coming in police work. May you are not the best example of police work then?

This is the part that does not make sense to me. If he opened the door, they surely would have at the very least turn their heads, so how could they BOTH be shot in the back of the head. The amount of time it would take to open the car door, and fire TWO perfect shots to the backs of their heads, would be about 3-5 second at the very least. Logic would lead me to say that at least one of them would have been shot in the face when they heard the first sound of the door opening.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I have no issue sharing a dislike of someone with anyone. I was only trying to understand the NYPD mindset... one does that by asking questions. I still don't understand it, deBlasio has been largely supportive of the NYPD. Reading more today, it seems more like (previous to yesterdays tragedy) the NYPD is having a bit of a temper tantrum having been utterly spoiled by Bloomberg and getting their way with everything. Issuing statements that deBlasio has blood on his hands is an over-reaction that makes me nervous.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Good people of NYC...it's time to pack up and move out. One of the world's greatest cities has officially been turned to crap by 'liberal leadership' (oxymoron).

Seriously, who is going to want to invest there?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join