It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 NYC officers dead in ambush-style shooting

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Terrible for their families.

Sympathy for them.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Shamrock6

You seem to defend every action of cops, that's fine, you are an internet cop. An intelligent person in that line of police work would see the writing on the wall. It's obvious these two in NY didn't. The boys in blue are creating this situation.

But believe what you want, it doesn't change it.

I'll leave you the patrol the net.

Keep bangin that drum buddy. But please, don't start inserting random little quips into your argument NOW to try and change the appearance of MY comments.

I really have nothing more to say to you, since you ignore things that are inconvenient for you to acknowledge, and feel that petty little insults are somehow the way to reinforce your statements.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have nothing against cops. BUT

If they start to be targeted.....They will have brought it on themselves. Saying people are dumb and crazy isnt a valid cop out of addressing a growing problem.

If the people are dumb and crazy then more control and professionalism are due.

One poster said it before, you cant just keep putting pressure on people without them pushing back.

If all the Romes and Dark ages throughout human history didnt produce a viable system of force and interference then nothing we can do in this tame world will break the human will to revolt at sustained injustice.

Its pretty insane and retarded to use violence and intimidation to curb ignorance and rage.

I have been saying it for a while. Cops wont even have public support when they start to be targeted. And they will.
"Bring on the national military police, Civilians in uniform are not capable of performing their job"....thats what the federal government will say eventually. People will cheer.

Something has got to give.

edit on 12 21 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Killed two cops? No big deal, he was just REACTING to things and couldn't help himself.

Seems legit.

If someone is bullying you on a playground, and this person bullies you for months, eventually you'll get fed up with it and fight back.

The role of police officer is that of playground bully.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

"Bring on the national military police, Civilians in uniform are not capable of performing their job"....thats what the federal government will say eventually. People will cheer.

Yeap

And that's the "end game"....whether it is a case of "problem, reaction, solution" or "cause and effect" (or a combination of both) make no difference in the end.

....this is where we are headed.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

You can't make everything about Race...It provokes weak minded people to violence.

I know there are many who have wanted to make this a race issue...(white Police killing black people)...however it was a black man in NY who killed 2 Cops...one of the cops was Asian and the other Hispanic.

It should be obvious that the problems are not race issues but all encompassing people issues.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Cool. Please get back to promoting the police state. It seems to be your mission here.

edit on 12/21/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Pssst...please, come of it.

You know, I'm not one to defend others here and that really isn't my intention, even with this post...but you've got to be kidding me with that statement.

I RARELY agree with Shamrock....we have argued on some other threads. To this, he can attest.
BUT....I will NOT attempt to claim that he is here to "promote the police state". I've seen many posts where he condemned actions that were wrong and over the line and I have personally read more than a few comments where he has condemned "fellow officers".

You're just attempting to paint him in that light because you got all mad and are now personally attacking him. That crap is below this medium. If you want to do that s#it, take it to fb or some other forum where members attacking members that disagree is the order of the day. Here, we attack information and opinion....NOT other users, and ESPECIALLY not when many of us have seen those users doing the opposite of what you claim them to be doing.

So....
with it....it's a tired old trick, calling everyone and anyone you disagree with some "agent" or "shill" or "promoting the police state" or whatever. Attack info, not users! Either provide a counter argument that is to the point, or just agree to disagree, it really is THAT simple.

(K....I'm done for the day)
Agreed with Shamrock, now defending him...lol
Tomorrow, I'll be seen as an "agent of the state"......

...can't wait, really.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

originally posted by: whyamIhere

You can't make everything about Race...It provokes weak minded people to violence.

I know there are many who have wanted to make this a race issue...(white Police killing black people)...however it was a black man in NY who killed 2 Cops...one of the cops was Asian and the other Hispanic.

It should be obvious that the problems are not race issues but all encompassing people issues.

Agreed,

But, when an advisor from the White House starts a protest in Brooklyn.

The crowd is chanting "what do we want dead cops, when do we want it now".

You can see how a weak minded person might take things into his own hands.

And, that protest definitely had racial overtones.

But, you are right. This is a people problem. We need a Leader not a divider.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
The young son of Rafael Ramos wrote:

oh my, that will break your heart

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

They brought it on themselves? What a bunch of totally ignorant hogwash.

If we saw the real stats, where the police had X number of watches or patrols with no incidents or where they helped and protected and basically did the majority part of their jobs and never fired a shot compared to what immensely small Y number of horrific incidents that the media has taken to shoving in our faces to rile people up (and it's working), it would probably look something like this...

Where are these stats and why aren't the police unions and community liaisons putting those out there just as loudly?

So try the media and their shill loudmouths pundits and the examples like those we see on social media from the ignorant and fearful brought it on them.

ETA: I read somewhere that there are over 12 million arrests a year in this country. Of these, there were 400 deaths, and of these 120 of these were black people. You do the math. Yeah. The police are not bringing this on themselves. The viral spin that many of are getting infected with is to blame.
edit on 12/21/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeSignal
This just in...

NEW YORK — Two New York City police officers have died after being shot ambush-style in their parked patrol car Saturday. An armed man walked up to the vehicle and opened fire before fleeing to a nearby subway station where he apparently committed suicide, police said.

Seems like the catastrophies just keeps on coming right now. Dark times.

The reason for this incident is rumored to be the Brown shooting and the Garner choking. The perp was rumored to have posted on facebook that he would murder cops as revenge. - The New York Post

I am afraid to guess what this will end up with, it is a sad day.

My thoughts go to the officers families and loved ones.

Want to know what is crazy?

This shooting happened quite literally one block from my house, in my hood. I live in the ghetto in Brooklyn, i.e. Bed Stuy, of Jay-Z and Notorious BIG fame. It's entirely possible I've seen the police in question, as at that intersection police are always on duty, either standing or in their cars.

Having said all that, no matter where someone stands on the Brown and Garner deaths and police brutality, there is no reason for someone to target random police officers for revenge or violence. Horrible.

This would be like a guy whose brother got cheated on by Sally and Jane attacking Stephanie for revenge.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A few questions to all the A-Holes who praise the shooter:

1.) Are we supposed to hate ALL police officers...or just NYPD officers?

2.) Are we supposed to hate ONLY White police officers?

3.) If it's ALL police officers...is it because ALL police officers are 'Racist'?

4.) If we're supposed to hate only White police officers, then are Black, Asian or Latino police officers NOT 'Racist'?

5. ) I ask this, because it appears that this 'much-praised' (P.O.S.) shooter killed an Asian and a Latino NYPD police officer...does that make him any less a hero in your eyes?

6.) Would you praise him even more, if BOTH NYPD officers had been White?

7.) In your mind, does it take anything away from his 'Heroic Deed'...that this scumbag ALSO shot his girlfriend...or will you just ignore that fact as immaterial to your hateful crusade?

8.) Finally, if one or two of these executed police officers had been Black, would he STILL be your hero?

I really don't expect any response to my questions, because the idiots out there praising this despicable crime and the piece of crap who perpetrated it...are as cowardly and evil as their so-called 'Hero'.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The media picks and chooses their stories.

Local Indy newspaper had this.

www.theindychannel.com...

Judging from the picture it might be drug related.

acquitter.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: JoeSignal
This just in...

NEW YORK — Two New York City police officers have died after being shot ambush-style in their parked patrol car Saturday. An armed man walked up to the vehicle and opened fire before fleeing to a nearby subway station where he apparently committed suicide, police said.

Seems like the catastrophies just keeps on coming right now. Dark times.

The reason for this incident is rumored to be the Brown shooting and the Garner choking. The perp was rumored to have posted on facebook that he would murder cops as revenge. - The New York Post

I am afraid to guess what this will end up with, it is a sad day.

My thoughts go to the officers families and loved ones.

Want to know what is crazy?

This shooting happened quite literally one block from my house, in my hood. I live in the ghetto in Brooklyn, i.e. Bed Stuy, of Jay-Z and Notorious BIG fame. It's entirely possible I've seen the police in question, as at that intersection police are always on duty, either standing or in their cars.

Having said all that, no matter where someone stands on the Brown and Garner deaths and police brutality, there is no reason for someone to target random police officers for revenge or violence. Horrible.

This would be like a guy whose brother got cheated on by Sally and Jane attacking Stephanie for revenge.

Since you're from nearby, can you confirm or debunk the reports of people cheering and clapping after the attack? I saw something earlier today, not about the tweets from last night, but a report that a resident had spoken to the media and said people were "cheering and clapping and yelling things like 'that's what you get'" after the the officers were shot. What's the pulse in the neighborhood?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
A few questions to all the A-Holes who praise the shooter:

1.) Are we supposed to hate ALL police officers...or just NYPD officers? yes

2.) Are we supposed to hate ONLY White police officers? no. well maybe.

3.) If it's ALL police officers...is it because ALL police officers are 'Racist'? wait....you mean there might be some who aren't???

4.) If we're supposed to hate only White police officers, then are Black, Asian or Latino police officers NOT 'Racist'? I don't... I can't...wait, what?

5. ) I ask this, because it appears that this 'much-praised' (P.O.S.) shooter killed an Asian and a Latino NYPD police officer...does that make him any less a hero in your eyes? uh....cops suck! pigs!

6.) Would you praise him even more, if BOTH NYPD officers had been White? probably

7.) In your mind, does it take anything away from his 'Heroic Deed'...that this scumbag ALSO shot his girlfriend...or will you just ignore that fact as immaterial to your hateful crusade? crickets

8.) Finally, if one or two of these executed police officers had been Black, would he STILL be your hero? Uncle Toms! And....stuff!

I really don't expect any response to my questions, because the idiots out there praising this despicable crime and the piece of crap who perpetrated it...are as cowardly and evil as their so-called 'Hero'.

I attempted to answer your questions to save everybody time. You may get some lengthy diatribes, but those answers above are probably the distilled version of any response

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

careful...we're getting close to bro-hug territory.....

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
this unfortunate incident, terrible though it is, might be considered by some as timely and beneficial, insofar as it has and rightly will generate a lot of sympathy for the police at a time when it is most needed by them. but that's just my cynical conspiracy-minded half thinking out loud. my other, 'rational' half accepts that this notion may be a mile off the mark.

whatever, its more deaths, less progress.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

The witness who was first on the scene...

Did not indicate there was anything but Shock.

The Live News never mentioned anything like that either

Regular People have respect for the Police.

The MSM, Our Leaders and a few other people are the only ones who want Cops hurt.

Normal People are appalled....

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Jakal26

careful...we're getting close to bro-hug territory.....

I see a Bromance forming....

👀

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join