It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 NYC officers dead in ambush-style shooting

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: jhn7537

Generally I find that it's people screaming that racists don't exist, racism doesn't exist and things aren't racist when they are... if only everyone would shut up about it... are the most racist.

No...

And who is saying racism doesn't exist? I know I didn't write that... And we don't need to see eye to eye here. You are on one end of the spectrum I'm on the other. I also think the people who believe everything is racist are also the same people who get all PC about any/everything that is said nowadays...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Irrelevant? I'm pretty sure a few posts here have brought it up - oh right, the person I was replying to did! He is a HUGE part of the race relations problem because he does nothing but stir the pot --- never gives solutions, never offers compromises, never admits he's wrong - AND he's a tax evading criminal. May I ask why you defend him?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I wasn't accusing you of such, just giving my opinion on 'most racist'. You're right, not everything is racist... just racist stuff is racist.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

I didn't defend him.

I just shared the information that others paid that lawsuit off for him.

I think it was on page 3 that I advised against making this thread about Sharpton.

To me it's a damn shame that people have focused on him & not the two slain officers.
I don't think that's what the OP, or the majority of people who wanted updates on this to focus on.

Can't say I didn't expect it though.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
it seems to me that the NY police department if very diverse, so where is the rascism?

Look at the police outside the hospital, very diverse.

I dare say the two officers killed were not white.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't want to make this thread about him either - but you can't ignore the fact that he is a big part of the problem, and not at all part of the solution. Unfortunately, he is an advisor to DeBlasio and he has visited Obama in the White House. Why? What does he offer? That's my question.

He is always at the forefront of these issues but does nothing to quell them - the media laps it up and the fires are stoked. Ok, so forget al, let's examine why the media pushes him into our faces. I suppose that's the real problem - and the American public, who buys into the media spin as gospel.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

Then I dare say that the "American public" needs to avoid the media whenever they present Al Sharpton.

I haven't seen him on the news ever...
You know why?

Because I don't pay attention to the the media franchises that give a voice to people who aren't helping.

Turn off Fox & the likes of them...
I guaruntee you won't see the guy.

That's all I can suggest really.

Ok, so forget al, let's examine why the media pushes him into our faces. I suppose that's the real problem - and the American public, who buys into the media spin as gospel.

Precisely!!!

It's too easy to make a scapegoat out of Sharpton.
He has condemned this attack.
He also stated that non-violence is the only way forward.

Let's see how many media outlets tell the people that.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Look people Al Sharpton does have many supporters, black AND white

Read my post about the reality of people, who although many hate them, they nevertheless have huge followings...

That's why Obama and DeBlasio have this fellow near them

Just because you hate him doesn’t mean every body does.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
This makes me sick, people need to stop with the vitriolic hate mongering aimed at the police.

The rampant police misconduct is what earned them the vitriol. You can't just beat, rape, frame, intimidate, harass, and murder people and get away with it forever.

And were these men that were murdered guilty of those crimes?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
This makes me sick, people need to stop with the vitriolic hate mongering aimed at the police.

Or, maybe the police need to stop with the hate that they have aimed at the people.

This hate towards police is a reaction from the way that we are being treated. This isn't the Andy Griffith Show.

This level of hatred doesn't just magically spring-up out of thin air and for no reason at all.
edit on 21-12-2014 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
There really needs to be a zero tolerance policy when it comes to police brutality. I remember they were talking about it sometime ago. If the cops break the laws the should be expelled and never allowed in the force again, yet a lot of these guys break the laws but get away and start working in different states. It truly is sickening and this is a part of why I think people are just fed up with the police. They ALWAYS get away and this happens in all countries too because yeah...police brutality is an international problem. Respect to the dead and all of that, these 2 officers didn't deserve death for doing their job and it's truly a horrible and tragic event when something like this happens. I just think the system is broken, they need to fix it. All these cases we've seen recently where the police have gotten away with murder is going to stir up things...of course it is. Of course some loonies will use that as an excuse to go off the deep end and depend on that to totally lose their minds. No one should target a person really, whether it be the cops vs. human or human vs. cops. Plus it's always the assholes that make things harder for the good guys. One could say this would've never happened if Eric Gardner would've lived (or enter any name of police brutality victim)
Every action has an equal re-action, sadly this chain re-action has now become the horrible truth. How long will it go on?

Why can't we all just get along??

I expect the people that have the job to protect me to do..well...actually just that and 97.5% of them actually do that. It's the LOUD minority that's making waves and acting like assholes. Ruining it for everybody else and giving idiots like the killer today a "reason" to live up his stupid fantasy...

OUT!
edit on VAmerica/ChicagoSun, 21 Dec 2014 00:56:50 -060050America/Chicago by Verse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Talk about increasing the paranoia in the minds of the police, this cold blooded murder will only intensify the distrust they have with the black community. This has only added fuel to the fire and reduced any kind of sympathy and support since the start of the protests. This only gives police additional reason to approach black men with a heighten sense of caution.

I'm sorry, this is just plain stupidity. When you loot and set on fire community businesses, antagonize and throw stones and beat innocent white and black people in your community, prevent whites from participating in protests, incite violence and rioting for your cause, and now murder, you're only giving credibility to the police on why they distrust the black community.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Verse

Again, I'm so glad the death of two police officers could give you the political platform to talk about this. Way to really put their deaths to good use for yourself.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Killed two cops? No big deal, he was just REACTING to things and couldn't help himself.

Seems legit.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: whyamIhere

Because he asked if his biracial son would be safe from NYPD? He's defended everything else including stop and frisk, broken windows policing and the choke hold on Eric Gardner. Now he's race-baiting and the NYPD is justified in trying to control the city against the will of the people that elected deBlasio?

Look, personally I think the guy is a tool. He's betrayed the electorate that elected him... so let them recall him, not the fking police department. We're already in goddamned police state why the hell would we encourage this?

NYPD doesn't like him and doesn't trust him. Because they feel unsupported by him.

You think he's a tool.

Yet you seem to have a problem finding yourself on the same side of the fence as NYPD in not liking him, and seem to be wanting to minimize their reasons for turning their backs on him.

Sorry, but you're gonna have to accept that. The police didn't do anything but refuse to look at him. They didn't try to recall him, they didn't try to do anything except....look away. They faced the other direction.

Are you really so incensed and outraged that NYPD had the audacity and dared to not like somebody that you yourself don't like? They had the audacity to look at a wall? C'mon dude.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Over 40,000 people feel the same way. The people of NYC started a petition yesterday.

Resignation of New York City mayor Bill DeBlasio

NYC residents demand the exit of Mayor Bill DeBlasio after 2 NYPD officers were shot and killed today 12/20/14. Accountability for his actions and words MUST be handed down.

There are currently 40,447 signatures. NEW goal - We need 50,000 signatures!

source

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington
I would disagree, as there were at that time frame more peaceful protesters than there were violent. And at that time frame, there was a dynamic leader who spoke for the civil rights, that being Dr. Martin Luther King jr. He was marching and protesting in the south, where there was unjust and inequality there the greatest. If it was only the Watts riots, then the entire protesting could have been derailed, as the public would not agree with such and believe that tougher enforcement would be needed.

But when you look at the actions in Ferguson, and those other protests around the country, where they are not so peaceful, where they stop people who are trying to get to work, and causing problems, rioting and even now murdering, it makes for a bad statement for all of the protesting and the public tends to shy away. As you mentioned about history, how about the Occupy movement, that lost all support and tended to fade away? And Arizona is non the worse for wear, as public opinion is still not in favor of illegal immigrants, and other protests where the aggitators did acts of violence first, and the public sided against the protesters, especially at the voting booth.

The only way things are going to change, is that it has to be peaceful, as they need the support of the public, not to aggitate them or give them pause to think or question, not to show that this is no longer about change, but revenge, and that is what this looks like, revenge. And no one wants to side with the group that is only wanting revenge.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How do two officers, who are working and watching an area for crime, terrorism or what ever allow a person to walk up behind them and shoot them?

Something seems off.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

can you see behind you at all times? does your vehicle not have blind spots?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Something seems off.

Not really that hard to walk up behind two guys in a car in a city full of people and pull a pistol and fire a few shots.
Not sure how that seems off to you, unless these guys are supposed to have eyes in the back of their head. That sort of thing can (and does) happen to anyone, anywhere, any time.

I mean, how many people do you imagine walk around a stopped car in NYC during the day? I'd imagine a LOT, every single day. So, I don't think they were hyper aware of pedestrians doing what pedestrians normally do.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join