It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home (IA SS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I thought I should give this Short Story a go, so, here it is, my first!

I saw a man who was sitting in the park, just looking straight forward. He was not moving, but had a smile on his face. As I walked past him, becoming an obstacle in his sight, I noticed that his eyes do not move. Fearing the worst, I walked over, and sat next to him. I sat there quietly, but trying to see what this mysterious man was staring at.

I sat there beside him for a while, thinking about how to break the silence. I thought I would use the park as a way to gain entry into his mind. “It’s a great day to be sitting outside”, I said into the ear. “I suppose so, yes”, the stranger responded. “Do you come here a lot?” “Yes,” he told me, “every day.” Thinking that I may have found an entry into his person, who was still looking in front of him with a smile, I thought I would continue to find the reason he had for this smile that can be seen from a far.

“Where do you live?”, I asked him. “Here.” I was surprised at his answer, due to the fact that he was wearing fancy clothes, but even more surprised to see a sparkle forming in his eyes. “You live here?”, I asked, maybe with too much confusion in my voice, as he then turned his head to me, making eye contact with me for the first time. And then, something happened that I would never have foreseen.

“May I tell you something, if you have the time, because I would hate to keep you from your responsibilities?” he asked me, still smiling, and the sparkle in his eyes. “Yes you may” I answered.

“What is a home? Is it a building with walls and a roof? No, certainly not. So many people live in a building, but never find their homes. People go out of their way to decorate their houses, yet, it does not always become a home. Home is where you are! But then you are you? It does not matter what your titles or job is, no. Wherever you are, whether it be in your vehicle, you office, or your bed, if you are overcome with joy, then that is where you are home. Happiness is not a part of being home. You can give a cold glass of water to a stranger on a warm day, and that will make him happy. But he will not be home.

Joy is that which makes a home! When you look at someone, and see their eyes as clear as crystal, and can see thought them into his soul, a soul bursting with song, then that man is home! I am home every day.” My jaw fell when listening to the wisdom flowing from his every word. I felt a change in myself. I looked around at the trees, the birds, the grass, and I felt home. I felt the same feeling I saw in this stranger. I turned back at him. “What is your name?” I asked, hoping to find out more. “My name is Home! You were looking for me all your life, without even knowing about your search. But look,” he said while pointing at the sky, “you have found it.”
After taking a glance at the sky, I turned back to him, but he was gone. I stood on my feet, searching for this man, but he was nowhere to be found. I looked down, and started to smile. “I truly am home!” I thought, and walked away. “Home has found me!”

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Home has never been a place, more than a feeling...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Very nice!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

Very Good Story IA!!! Well done indeed!!!
Syx.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks Night. It means a lot. This is my first short story. I think it is not that good. Hopefully with more practice, it will improve!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Very good story ! You have a special skill / talent.

:-)
leolady

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Thank you Leolady!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Your Welcome. I've been reading all your stuff which has popped up recently and it is all very good.

Keep it up !

leolady

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Thanks Leolady!! Hey, another fan!!!!

new topics

top topics

join