It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebraska, Oklahoma sue over Colorado marijuana law

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ketoacidosis mimics alcohol and not drugs.

Once again there is a field test for drugs, just like the one for alcohol.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

And as I stated a zero tolerance standard coupled with drugs in your system is a violation.

As for the drug question there is and its part of a dre test. Its also will show in a blood draw.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Scotus has had many decades to change the address the csa and found it lawful.

If its a pharmaceutical conspiracy then why are the drugs banned?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Serdgiam

Again you guys are failing to see the entire picture. You are overlooking the officers investigation of a driver and the signs present that would lead to further investigation via tests.

The first question is why did the officer conduct a traffic stop. You can't go directly to the last step without impairment factors.

The tests are designed to confirm officer observations. Its the same for using radar on speeders. The officer must observe the violation at which point the radar is used to confirm.

I totally get that stops for unsafe driving other than giong too slow should result in those test and such. However bs like tags seatbelts taillights should never lead to dui's for mj or even possession of mj only. That is the problem we have had in the past because cops just searching for a reason other than driving impairment just too search for other stuff. Just write the ticket make sure no dead bodies in the trunk and ignore the bag of weed or red eyes. None of us here want to get hit by drivers displaying poor road skills.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Nebraska Attorney General Jon Bruning has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to weigh in on the Colorado law that allows the recreational use of marijuana.

Bruning and Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt say it is in direct violation of the U.S. Constitution and should be struck down.

At a news conference Thursday, Bruning also disagreed with a position U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder took last year that the Department of Justice won't take action against Colorado or Washington, where voters legalized pot use for adults.

Nebraska, Oklahoma sue over Colorado marijuana law

What happened to States rights? You'd think of all states the so very red states of Nebraska and Oklahoma would stand by Colorado and support legalization as a states issue. What happened I must wonder? I had hoped this issue would bring people both left and right together but it's beginning to look like this is not the case. I found this comment rich coming from Nebraska Attorney general Jon Bruning:

"That is unconstitutional,
" Bruning said."

What happened to respecting the borders of other states? Or do we only respect their borders when it suits your political position??

Apart from states rights, can somebody please tell me what part of the United States Constitution states that, "The federal government et al, meaning the CIA, its agents, partners and affiliates have the sole right to procure, distribute and/or sell marijuana, coc aine, etc., and all other Schedule 1 pharmaceuticals and psychoactive products."

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/22.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Scotus has had many decades to change the address the csa and found it lawful.

If its a pharmaceutical conspiracy then why are the drugs banned?

The scotus do not make laws, only adhere to what large corporations want just like presidents. Remember JFK he got his brains air conditioned from not following orders.

There no conspiracy only facts, and the money trails are easy to follow on many corporate level not just pharmaceuticals.

I can tell you from a personal experience that a close family member was diagnosed, and dying from terminal cancer a couple years ago, and from the treatment given they were really sick. She was literally wasting away from the cancer treatments given by big pharma, and she couldn't keep any food down.

Synthetic marijuana pills were prescribed and were expensive and useless. A friend offered some marijuana to smoke and that day she was able to keep food down, after a week she started to regain her strength and after a month something interesting happened.

The cancer started to go into remission. Today she is still alive. Not saying that marijuana was the key, but it did help her to eat and function normally despite the chemo and radiation.

What I will agree with you on is OUI is a go to jail offense. And that is any kind of mind altering, or body altering substance legal or not.

Impaired driving is just that, people have a 2000 pound projectile they are pointing in many directions, just as lethal as a gun, but you already know that.

edit on 22-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There were field tests for arson that caused Cameron Willingham to be wrongfully executed for burning down his house while his family was in there.

Field tests are not definitive. They are presumptive.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Zero tolerance for prescription drugs than can cause impairment too?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I'll tell you what...and I'm proud to say since it's my "business" to do so, that Oklahoma and Nebraska should go suck on a few corn huskers for these ludicrous statements! These moves or should I say, "attempted legal moves" are ridiculous to say the very least and a HUGE waste of tax payers dollars.

Listen, it's still medicinal here in California. In Los Angeles County where I live, only 130 (give or take a few) those of "us medicinal dispensaries" who were grandfathered in prior to the 2007 moratorium are allowed to proceed with medicinal marijuana dispensaries. I'm so sick and tired of the whining and complaining. It's done...get over it already...please! Don't smoke or do smoke...who cares! Just stop complaining, please! It's really getting old and you nay sayers are running out of money...quickly!!!!!!!

Look, the individual states laws stand where they are...don't like it, ignore it or join in. No matter, it's happening and we have a crap ton of money backing us every minute of every hour and of every day...believe that. This is a serious industry and the failure of other states to respect individual state laws are just petty. Does a multi-billion dollar industry plus in tax revenues...ring a bell? That's just a few states currently.

What are you posers thinking? Your lobbyists are despicable to say the least with low volume arguments that no longer work, have no value and are just outdated...please, go away (I've sat in from D.C. to Oregon and heard the anti lobbyists arguments and all without any and all legal merits...except federal, which in reality the SCOTUS doesn't currently care to take up). Do you really think that bringing up "The Reefer Madness" of the 1930's would still work? Well, it's not...never will.

2016 is just around the corner folks. Once California legalizes recreational use...it's a wrap! I guarantee you that.The west coast will soak up all the legal issues. It will be California, Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Colorado and possibly Nevada and Arizona (Arizona is fighting, but they will comply as well by 2018). By the way, Montana is re-entering the argument as well...AGAIN! Sooner or later the other neighboring states will have no choice if they want to secure their financial futures.

Get with it or not...it's happening and that's that.

edit on 12/22/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This smells like the same type of thing that caused its prohibition.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Thank you for stating a personal observation. My collective had 100 cancer patients in the beginning of 2014...2 passed, the rest are either in remission or dealing with their symptoms in a very comforting way. At least 25 of our patients are spouses of law enforcement. Someone believes enough to care.

I appreciate you speaking out
edit on 12/22/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Zero tolerance for prescription drugs than can cause impairment too?

correct

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

There were field tests for arson that caused Cameron Willingham to be wrongfully executed for burning down his house while his family was in there.

Field tests are not definitive. They are presumptive.

Arson tests are outside the body.

Alcohol / drug presence is inside the body. A field tests and blood test are definitive of something being in a persons system.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's like Massachusetts suing New Hampshire because they have no sales tax.
Perhaps they should be more concerned with the problems in their own states, before picking on the neighbors.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

If a person is stopped for a broken taillight and the officer observes signs the driver could be impaired an investigation is valid.

Law enforcement cannot search your vehicle unless they have:
* - consent
* - a search incident to arrest
* - warrant
* - Plain view contraband (open alcohol / drugs in plain sight)
* - inventory search for a vehicle being towed

As I stated a few pages back.. I could care less if you smoke marijuana so long as its in your home and you don't drive.

With that being said I think we have reached the point in this thread where we will agree to disagree. I doubt im going to change a persons mind and I doubt I can be convinced marijuana does not cause impairment.

Unless anyone has questions I am heading out.

Thanks for the debate everyone.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
laws to prevent unlawful arrest of innocent bistanders are unconstitutional ?
laws that defend constitutional rights are unconstitutional..

I think we all know who NEEDS to be arrested or at the very least sectioned in a mental facility..

/thread.

edit on 23-12-2014 by Gestas because: Politicians lie??? no way..

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I voted for medical marijuana in my state I wish I wouldn't have. It's nothing more then a back door push for legalization. I voted for medical pot because like morphine I thought it could help the sick and dying. I didn't realize weed shops would be opening everywhere and people would be grossly abusing the system. I guess I was just naive. I know 14 year old kids that are getting their hands on medical weed. You can tell them what they might be doing could be harmful. They just say it's medicine it can't be that bad there aint nothing wrong with it.

I have schizophrenia I was a heavy pot smoker until I came down with this illness. I've thought about trying CBD oil because I've read it might help with my illness. I have a friend with multiple sclerosis and he uses medical weed. I can't smoke the stuff if I do it's a paranoid psychosis for the duration of the high. I smoked it for years without any problems until my illness was triggered at age 22. I do believe that mj played a role in my condition.

In my opinion I would like to see the government get involved in sales and regulation. Cigarettes prescription drugs and alcohol are monitored marijuana needs to be also. Right now in my state the medical aspect is being severely abused by recreational uses.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

As I stated a few pages back.. I could care less if you smoke marijuana so long as its in your home and you don't drive.

I think that is the key here no operating a vehicle under any substance. FYI for people here I was former law enforcement and OUI if I was on patrol got a person a go to jail card. Here is why and not just because of a law, but because I actually cared for other people.

Another personal story I will share is a family member 20 years ago losing their life to a drunk driver that ran a red light, and broadsided my aunt. My cousin was only 11 years old, her 3 year old brother was in ICU for 15 days, and she made it out with only bruises. She now has a lifetime of mental pain that no parent should have to endure, because she lost a child.

Every-time I made a stop, I thought of that man under the influence, and if I let this person go will they kill someone, because if they do I'll be responsible for allowing them to operate a 2 ton projectile.

Police officers get a bad rap for making decisions that saves lives, and sometimes they even saves lives without anyone even knowing it, but that is never pointed out.

X have a great holiday and stay safe on the streets.

Peace,

RT
edit on 23-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've been reading through the forums for years but never actually joined.. So here I am. I moved from Colorado from New Jersey pretty much when the legal weed boom hit. The economy in Colorado is doing phonomenal despite the usual bias negative propaganda. I won't go into detail as a simple Google search can back up any of the positive facts I'm stating. A good example is how the taxes from marijuana in Colorado go towards schooling. I've seen people with cancer at the dispensary actually using marijuana as an alternative medicine. The fact these states want to sue colorado is absurd and preposterous. The only logical explanation I can come up with is money. Someone somewhere has something to gain with marijuana illegal

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I voted for medical marijuana in my state I wish I wouldn't have. It's nothing more then a back door push for legalization. I voted for medical pot because like morphine I thought it could help the sick and dying. I didn't realize weed shops would be opening everywhere and people would be grossly abusing the system. I guess I was just naive. I know 14 year old kids that are getting their hands on medical weed. You can tell them what they might be doing could be harmful. They just say it's medicine it can't be that bad there aint nothing wrong with it.

That's BS. The kids with pot in their hands are buying it off of the black market not through legal dispensaries.

I have schizophrenia I was a heavy pot smoker until I came down with this illness. I've thought about trying CBD oil because I've read it might help with my illness. I have a friend with multiple sclerosis and he uses medical weed. I can't smoke the stuff if I do it's a paranoid psychosis for the duration of the high. I smoked it for years without any problems until my illness was triggered at age 22. I do believe that mj played a role in my condition.

In my opinion I would like to see the government get involved in sales and regulation. Cigarettes prescription drugs and alcohol are monitored marijuana needs to be also. Right now in my state the medical aspect is being severely abused by recreational uses.

The government IS involved with sales and regulation. Colorado setup its legal marijuana market to pretty much mirror how the alcohol market is ran (only buy over 21, need a special permit to sell, etc).

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join