It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Nuclear War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This will help...

Evidence Of Ancient Atomic War

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Heya Vegabond,
I think i gotta clear some of ur misconceptions...

There have already been explanations- apparently you don't care to listen. 1. Earth has natural reactors, especially in Africa, which hypothetically could go critical.

There have been explanations... eh... u answer that urself. There have been no proofs for either theories.

2. Any sand placed under sufficient heat and pressure is capable of becoming glass. Heat and pressure are obviously involved in many geological processes and this could easily be the result of some unknown one.

Really? they are involved in so many process, yet these green glasses are so rare, and have no proper explanation for their natural occurence is yet confirmed. The only way they are known to exist is as a by product of a nuclear fission.

3. You have given no concrete reason why meteor impacts could not be an explanation.

Do you have concrete reasons why meteor impacts can be an explanation?
I mean i have heard a bunch of scientists claiming that the dinosaurs were wiped of by an meteorical impact, and then there is a counter explanation by a second group that it was not wiped out by meteorological impact. This debate goes on among those who are learned in this science, no fact or evidence exists.

4. At one point the earths surface was molten, and although I am no geologist it stands to reason that a pocket of molten silica on the earths molten surface woudl ahve eventually cooled into a large glass plate.

Woah!!! whats up with you? So that means the earth was some time in past a ball of crystal? whatever u might be trying to say... i believe u must check out the process by which silica, or sand gets converted into simple glass. That will give u an idea of the subject.

Now consider for a moment that a technological civilization needs infrastructure. A nuclear weapon does not just "happen" in a vacuum. You need to mine and refine Uranium and this requires the mining, transportation, and processing of other materials and manufacturing of these materials into useful devices.
Where are the mines? Where are the refineries? Where are the roads that transported them? Where are the factories which made vehicles to transport materials? Where is the radioactive pit that used to be their reactor (We've heard the claim, but where is the proof!?).

Dudee... I m a hindu, I have read the Mahabharata, and it was definitely not written by some pre-incarnation of JK Rowling. Thats a holy book, just as holy as bible or quran.
As far as your proof for weapons is concerned... please explain me how were the pyramids built. How were the blocks laid in the pyramid form? Oh yeah they tamed dinosaurs for doing that. Vegabond, stop being funny. The present civilisation is UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE REMAINS OF PAST, forget the technologies that existed in past.

People argue that 12,000 years would wipe out all trace of a civilization but that's not entirely true. When New York City has degenerated to its simplest components, it will be a vast field of rust, glass, composite plastics and rubber, divided into a grid by perfect lines of uniformly-sized rocks which used to be bound together as asphalt roads. It could be full of fossilized human remains, especially where cemetaries once stood. It doesn't take thousands of years to erradicate a civilization- it would take hundreds of thousands, maybe millions. Only the incredibly slow proccesses of geology would completely destroy the patterns created by a metropolis, and even then it is possible that the site would be pressed into rock and made permanent in fossil form rather than being destroyed.

OOh yeah... and quite a lot of it is found in Mohen Jodaro, isn't it?
And whatever makes u think that RUST, GLASS, COMPOSITE PLASTICS AND RUBBER would survive even a 1000 years...
And these materials are neither a sign of any advanced civilisation! May be they realised the harmful effects of Polysterene a long time back itself, and taught people to use paper bags...
see this is stupid stuff to argue. I have been quoting it many times and hence quote again. No scientist has been able to give a proper explanation of the Iron Pillar in new delhi which is apparently made of wrought iron and not caught rust even after centuries.

Evidences of prehistoric advancement lie all around us, yet we tend to disregard it, as goes against our ego! Because all we learned in school was that history books start with nomads, stone age etc, and ends with WW 2 and Hitler.
That is how the west sees it... rather that is how they want to see it.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainRon
Heya Vegabond,
I think i gotta clear some of ur misconceptions...

I don't have any misconceptions about Ur. The city of ancient city of Ur does not play any role in this discussion. Forgive me, it's a pet peeve.

There have been explanations... eh... u answer that urself. There have been no proofs for either theories.

If there was proof it wouldn't be a theory, it would be a fact. The explanations I have provided are perfectly logical theories which are -at least- as probable as the idea that an highly advanced civilization existed, fought a nuclear war, and completely disappeared leaving no evidence what so ever.
My problem with the ancient nuclear war theory isn't simply that it hasn't been proven. It makes unwarranted assumptions based on minor coincidences and there is a lot of unconfirmed "evidence" being tossed around; where are the radiation readings from the supposedly irradiated city in India?
Allow me to present an example. Suppose I find a pile of ashes that look a little strange. Then I read about the tree of knowledge in the bible. Then I make a website about it, and make the claim that there were seeds of an unknown fruit in the pile of ashes, but I don't actually produce this supposed evidence- i just claim it. An unknown object, a text which may or may not have any connection to it, and extra evidence that everyone talks about but nobody has ever seen.

Really? they are involved in so many process, yet these green glasses are so rare, and have no proper explanation for their natural occurence is yet confirmed. The only way they are known to exist is as a by product of a nuclear fission.

1. Even if we assume it was nuclear fission, nuclear fission does not mean nuclear war and further does not mean nuclear war connected to an ancient human civilization. A natural reactor going critical or an ET weapon test have to be considered.
2. The silica isn't the material that underwent fission when the glass was created, so nuclear fission wasn't directly the cause. Intense heat was the direct cause which was in turn caused by fission. This means that any heat would create the glass. Anything that would create intense heat would do it, not just nuclear events.
3. If we go with the geological explanation the rarity is easily explained because intense heat and pressure from geological processes do not occur on the earths surface. Glass would be just as rare as diamons- perhaps more so depending on the specific process and materials which produced this sort of glass.

Do you have concrete reasons why meteor impacts can be an explanation?
I mean i have heard a bunch of scientists claiming that the dinosaurs were wiped of by an meteorical impact, and then there is a counter explanation by a second group that it was not wiped out by meteorological impact. This debate goes on among those who are learned in this science, no fact or evidence exists.

The point isn't that my proposals are concretely proven, they aren't If they were I couldn't offer so many of them. My point is that the evidence behind this extraordinary claim is not extraordinary evidence. There are plenty of rational explanations that don't involve outlandish assumptions propped up by highly questionable stories.

4. At one point the earths surface was molten, and although I am no geologist it stands to reason that a pocket of molten silica on the earths molten surface woudl ahve eventually cooled into a large glass plate.

Woah!!! whats up with you? So that means the earth was some time in past a ball of crystal? whatever u might be trying to say... i believe u must check out the process by which silica, or sand gets converted into simple glass. That will give u an idea of the subject.

I shudder to think how low your opinion of me must have been when you took my words at that meaning. I'm not saying that all sand was glass. (by the way, crystal and glass are different things).
I'm suggesting that there could have been pockets of silica in the molten earth which for whatever reason cooled faster than the surrounding material and therefore formed glass instead of silica crystals (sand). Out of curiousity, do you know the first thing about how glass is made? I couldn't help noticing that you dismissed me as uninformed without trying to provide me information to set me straight.

Dudee... I m a hindu, I have read the Mahabharata, and it was definitely not written by some pre-incarnation of JK Rowling. Thats a holy book, just as holy as bible or quran.
As far as your proof for weapons is concerned... please explain me how were the pyramids built.

In all likelihood, the pyramids were built with intelligent application of leverage and manpower. There is an American carpenter who as demonstrated his ability to manipulate multi-ton cement blocks on his own with no power tools, just counter weights, levers, and fulcrums. This man believes with a crew of a few hundred working 40 hour weeks he could build a pyramid in his lifetime.
www.theforgottentechnology.com...

I know religion can be a touchy subject so don't interpret this as a slam on your religious beleifs. As I understand it, the Mahabarata talks about flight and massive destruction at the hands of Gods etc, but does not provide technical descriptions of machines. The bible says God wasted Soddom and Gamorrah. Thats not evidence of nuclear war. Evidence of nuclear war would be if the bible said "God took a device made from metal that burns you if you're around it too much and dropped it and it turned Soddom and Gamorrah into a smoking crater where nothing would grow". Big difference.

Now since you have read the Mahabarata, you are in a position to help with a longstanding debate in this forum. There are some quotes online about peoples hair and nails falling out and a lot of stuff that sounds like nuclear exposure. I'm not saying it would be absolute proof, but it would by FAR be the most interesting evidence in this arguement.
Any chance you can tell me if thats really in there and if so tell me what publishing company printed your copy of the book and what page its on? I would LOVE to read this if it exsts, but if I remember correctly the Mahabarata is the second longest book ever written.

The Vagabond
I did you a favor by cutting our your trained dinosaurs quote here. It didn't deserve space in this forum.

OOh yeah... and quite a lot of it is found in Mohen Jodaro, isn't it?
And whatever makes u think that RUST, GLASS, COMPOSITE PLASTICS AND RUBBER would survive even a 1000 years...

Well, we have dug up metal and glass objects from over 2000 years ago, which are in remarkably good condition in some cases, I'm guessing that even when when something large like a building has finally been turned completely to rust that pile of rust will take quite a while to entirely disperse and be undetectable. Rust doesn't rot away very easily either- it's pretty stable chemically. When rust is used in pyrotechnics (thermite) it takes quite a bit of heat to set it off; I believe magnesium is what is commonly used. Nevermind why I read about explosives

And these materials are neither a sign of any advanced civilisation! May be they realised the harmful effects of Polysterene a long time back itself, and taught people to use paper bags

Did they cut trees down with paper chainsaws and process the tree into paper bags in a building made of paper and transported it on a vehicle made of paper? A technological civilization is a big thing that necessarily involves the use of sturdy mechanical devices.

No scientist has been able to give a proper explanation of the Iron Pillar in new delhi which is apparently made of wrought ironand not caught rust even after centuries.

Nobody has ever explained it? YAY!!!! That makes me the first! Is there a reward being offered?
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's what happened. The west uses limestone in blast furnaces- the ancient Indians used charcoal. The way we do it produces slag which is carried away, and this slag includes much of the phospherous contained in the ore. Charcoal doesn't do this. Iron ore refined by the Indians had up to 1% more phospherous in it. This has caused the metal the metal to bind to different gasses in the air. The pillar has formed a thin layer of "misawite"- a compound of iron, oxygen, and hydrogen, and this layer is now preventing further oxidation. Long story short, it's just rusting more slowly than normal iron because it needs hydrogen in addition to oxygen, and it isn't red because it's not just iron oxide.

Evidences of prehistoric advancement lie all around us, yet we tend to disregard it, as goes against our ego! Because all we learned in school was that history books start with nomads, stone age etc, and ends with WW 2 and Hitler.
That is how the west sees it... rather that is how they want to see it.

1. The Iron pillar isn't prehistoric, it was erected by Kumara Gupta of Gupta dynasty that ruled northern India in AD 320-540.
2. The oldest date ascribed to the mahabharata by scholars is about 3100BC, based on astronomical events described therein. We have a decent idea of what was going on in the major civilizations at that time. We are almost certain that Egypt, Sumer, and the Indus Valley did not fight a nuclear war. On top of that it wasn't actually written down till later.
3. Long story short, there is -no- prehistoric evidence of technological civlization. I don't dismiss such a claim because it's an insult to my ego, I dismiss it because it's an insult to my intelligence.
4. History books are designed to teach things that we are reasonably sure of knowing, not things that Nexus is currently promoting online. Also, the books end Vietnam or the Gulf War now, even in California public schools.

Last and certainly not least... It vagabond. There is no vegabond, and if there was I'd make fun of him and flame all of his threads till he left ATS because I hate compitetion. Maybe if I give up on eating meat I'll change my name to vegiebond.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
First of all Vagabond, i am extremely tempted to present u with an irony down here.
I wanna pat ur back for pointing out that link to the iron pillar.
The irony is, while i rite this post, I AM SITTING IN THE DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM LAB OF IIT KANPUR!!! (i dun belong here, came down from RGPV to attend two months training) The metallurgical team belongs to this place only. Didn't i tell u that i had been pointing out this fact at many occassions and done so here once again? well i m not studying material science, but computer science, I had attended this lecture from Prof. Subramanyam, (I admit i slept during half of the presentation) but at the end of his lecture i remember him reiterating that till now no exact proof had been found for it.

Otherwise every iron pillar of india had been non rusting and anti-rust pillars wouldn't have been so much of a hype.

See vagabond, we are arguing on a topic in which neither of us has much of knowledge... see its something like a scenario presented in the planet of apes. The apes simply wont tend to believe the human... since his explanations go bouncing off their minds! Simply in todays world, the battles fought during the Rama period are off our present analysis of science available at that time.

yeah anyway u wanted to know about the Mahabharata, see these kind of holy books are available at small stores which sell only holy mythological books. They definitely dont have an ISBN number...

The one i have is written totally in sanskrit and there is no hindi interpretation in it, if i find someone with knowledge on sanskrit who can point to me the exact sanskrit shloke in it, i will definitely post a scanned image of the page.

And anyway, if i sat down reading the original mahabharata, i wouldnt understand a single sentence, so all i do is chant those shlokes. To understand the story and events people normally revert to scaled down, hindi interpreted books. And yes, these books contain the description of the Brahmastra (the supposed nuclear weapon) and the effects after firing it.

Lemme tell u, it was just the technical soundedness of this description that has astounded the world.

Apart from that the Vaimanika shastra also has tech details of many vimanas. Someone posted a link here which told that the mercury being used as fuel in these aircraft, could have been a version of an ancient plasma gun. You check that link too and the reason it gave. Mercury also demonstrates superconductivity, and that reminds me of the Podlektnov effect, which tends to make objects lighter by 2% using semiconductors rotating at high rpm.

Ok now this point seems to be an interesting one too. Thousands of scientists working in the field of anti-gravity tech (with little success) finally got woken up by mr podlektnov and his astouding discovery at his lab in finland. The science world is bashing his discovery just because their ego was crushed by so badly. After all they spent more blood and sweat into this, just to hear that podlektnov made a discovery which they had been striving to achieve and to add to their sarcasm, it was accidental!

You just said your science books don't allow u to believe such stuff, and u need facts for it... but its strange that u tend to believe that the earth has a molten core, without sufficient facts! Well some recent theories also speak of a plasmatic core! So tomorrow may be ur science books make space for the new theory once accepted! Or suppose u were born in the 19th century, then u wud have grown up believing that the sun was a ball of glowing coal (or hydrogen at the most)... and then once the principles of nuclear fusion were discovered, ur science books wudda changed accordingly.

See, new things keep unveiling themselves with time... and new discoveries keep changing beliefs. Even the most reputed scientists believe in God (something whose existence is highly dubious).

So as a conclusion i will say these are theories, beliefs and may be at some point of time, a fact.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainRon
First of all Vagabond, i am extremely tempted to present u with an irony down here.
I wanna pat ur back for pointing out that link to the iron pillar.
The irony is, while i rite this post, I AM SITTING IN THE DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM LAB OF IIT KANPUR!!! (i dun belong here, came down from RGPV to attend two months training) The metallurgical team belongs to this place only. Didn't i tell u that i had been pointing out this fact at many occassions and done so here once again? well i m not studying material science, but computer science, I had attended this lecture from Prof. Subramanyam, (I admit i slept during half of the presentation) but at the end of his lecture i remember him reiterating that till now no exact proof had been found for it.

I can understand why people would want to maintain the mystery behind an object which is all that remains of an ancient temple, especially when a temple destroyed by foreigners when the mysterious object serves to glorify the history of your people.
I don't doubt that you have been told these things, nor do I doubt that these things were said in sincerity. The fact remains that chemically speaking we know why the pillar doesn't rust- we just aren't 100% of which method they used to accomplish such a chemical makeup in the iron, although we have identified one way in which they could have done it which although it implies a very observant and creative bright civilization, does not imply an exceedingly high level of scientific understanding or technology.

Otherwise every iron pillar of india had been non rusting and anti-rust pillars wouldn't have been so much of a hype.

Well, those made during the period in which the technique mentioned was practiced. How many iron pillars does India have left over from 1600 years ago, and of those how many of them would have been given the fine craftsmanship demanded by an object in a temple?
I believe that the dearth of "miwasite" coated iron proves that this is the one surviving work of a single skilled craftsman who carried out an old technique very well. Not evidence of technology.

See vagabond, we are arguing on a topic in which neither of us has much of knowledge... see its something like a scenario presented in the planet of apes. The apes simply wont tend to believe the human... since his explanations go bouncing off their minds! Simply in todays world, the battles fought during the Rama period are off our present analysis of science available at that time.

First of all, the obvious response to the idea that we don't know much about the subject is that we ought to be researching. I'm spending a tremendous amount of time doing exactly that. How do you think it just happens that I know am familiar with almost every point that comes up in this discussion?
I see what you're getting at here and I can respect your point of view. Prejudice is of no use in scholarship and it is good to have an open mind about those things we are not completely certain of.
The catch is that this in and of itself does not justify whole-hearted belief in things for which no physical evidence exists. Even in planet of the apes there was a statue of liberty to be seen and it took a very careful coverup to keep the truth from getting out, not because it was hard to believe but because it was damaging to those in power. Here though, we just don't have enough evidence, and if there was any there's a good chance that it either would have been brought out and exalted or bulldozed out of existence. Neither of these has happened though- they haven't destroyed Moheno Daro (spelling?) and they aren't displaying evidence that it was a city on par with modern technology either.

yeah anyway u wanted to know about the Mahabharata, see these kind of holy books are available at small stores which sell only holy mythological books. They definitely dont have an ISBN number...

The one i have is written totally in sanskrit and there is no hindi interpretation in it, if i find someone with knowledge on sanskrit who can point to me the exact sanskrit shloke in it, i will definitely post a scanned image of the page.

I've found a translation in english online. I dont know how trustworthy it is.
www.sacred-texts.com...
Hopefully at some point I can find a good indication of where the brahmastra is used in the book and locate the verse in english that way. I am under the impression that it will be in the suaptikaparva, but not for sure. (Coming back, i just found that it's actually in the Dronaparva. I haven't found the quote yet though.)

Lemme tell u, it was just the technical soundedness of this description that has astounded the world.

This would have been a lot easier if you'd actually quoted those descriptions so I would know what I was answering. By any chance can you provide them?

Apart from that the Vaimanika shastra also has tech details of many vimanas.

home.online.no...
I looked into the Vaimanika Shastra (if you had any idea how much time I spend researching some of these posts you would cry for my sake) and it turns out that I can find no mention of the book before this century.
Every time I find a mention of the book it is attributed to Bharadwaja or G. R. Josyer. Bharadwaja produced the book in Sanskrit and Hindi in 1959, and Josyer added english translation and sketches in a later edition.
I have checked believers pages to find a contradiction to this, but have found none.
(Coming back, I finally found something. The book was supposedly "re-discovered" in 1875 and was attributed to the 4th century BC, although the page does not give any reference for this date. The page mentions illustrations meaning they used the english version by Josyer and this brings the 1875 and 4th century BC dates into question.) I also just found a date for the english version... 1979. Forgive my sarcasm if I express my amazement that there were books about aircraft written in 1979.

Someone posted a link here which told that the mercury being used as fuel in these aircraft, could have been a version of an ancient plasma gun. You check that link too and the reason it gave. Mercury also demonstrates superconductivity, and that reminds me of the Podlektnov effect, which tends to make objects lighter by 2% using semiconductors rotating at high rpm.

I couldn't find the link you're talking about unfortunately however I believe I'm familiar with the quote you have in mind. It's called the Samarangana Sutradhara. After over an hour of research I have been completely unable to find any bibliographical information on this book. All that anyone seems to know about it is that it talks in vague terms about a container of mercury placed over an iron box of fire. If you want my humble opinion I'm guessing that mercury was a bad translation and that the box of fire under the mechanism is a dead give away for hot-air flight.

As for the Podlektnov effect, that's really good for Mr Podlektnov. I hope they find a way to practically apply his discovery. Now if you would kindly show some evidence that it was known of in ancient times I'll be on my way.

Forgive me for cutting out the rest of the Podlektnov stuff, simply because I'm not the one responsible for supressing him and I dont see the relevance until somebody can produce some sort of bibliographical support for the Samarangana Sutradhara.

You just said your science books don't allow u to believe such stuff, and u need facts for it... but its strange that u tend to believe that the earth has a molten core, without sufficient facts!

Well, I just went back and took a gander at my last post to be sure that I didn't say anything as stupid as you are accusing me of, and sure enough, I did not. Science is not a religion or a dogma to me and I would never say that a book forbids me from believing something.
What I have done is demand reasoning, logic, evidence: some kind of support for a theory when it is presented. The magmatic core meets those requirements- it is a reasoned theory supported by a reasonable arguement. It is not -proven- but it a reasonable theory presented with supporting logic.
The ancient nuclear war doesn't even meet that incredibly low standard. All the ancient nuclear war theory has is some wild claims published in the 20th century with highly questionable ancient bibliographies.

So tomorrow may be ur science books make space for the new theory once accepted!

I don't have any science books. If it weren't for wikipedia I'd be a complete ignoramus. More importantly, your arguement is completely off base. You seem to be saying "many of our scientific theories are not 100% proven, therefore any wild speculation must be given credit as a potential truth". That is not logical. The credibility of the molten core theory has nothing to do with the credibility of the ancient nuclear war theory.

So as a conclusion i will say these are theories, beliefs and may be at some point of time, a fact.

Fine, sure. We will reject all belief in absolutes, declare all theories equal, and no matter what anyone says we will just say "we haven't proven otherwise, so its possible".
Now that these new rules in place, I would like to share something with you. My stepdad literally has dog crap for brains. I'm not using that as a figure of speech, I think if we drilled into his head, dog crap would ooze out. It's a perfectly acceptable theory because we haven't proven otherwise.
Do you see where this is going?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Does anyone know more about the man who found green glass in the US midwest, either Nevada, or New mexico I think. It was many years before the a bomb, and he could not find out anything about what it was till after the bomb tests produced similar stuff.
How about the vitrified (melted) stone in some ancient Irish walls? I read that the heat needed was beyond the abilities of those days.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
i wonder if they (non earth beings) ever found earth deserted after some natural disaster wiped us all out (hypotheticaly) and they found a science fiction book they would take it as fact? coz thats what ya'll are doing.

did anybody ever stop to think that some ancient texts are just stories?

nm im goin to plant my magic beans...

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyFox2
I know of the war you ask about. I recall reading about it recently here at ATS, I'm sure if you search a bit you'll find something. From what I remember, a city called "Mohenjo-Daro" in India was excavated in the past which was highly radiated and seems to have suffered a nuclear blast. I have heard the city had 40,000 citizens and also heard millions of citizens.

The city was thousands of years old, I don't recall when it is suspected that it was destroyed. I do know that it was technologically advanced for the age in which it existed. It's streets were layed out in block form, like present day cities. It had a central market and a public bath area which was heated by..something or another..whatever it was it didn't belong in that erra though. The skelatons on the street seemed to have died immediatly upon the blast, many holding hands as if the occurance was unexpected.

That's about all I remember about that city, but there is other information in reference out there. For instance, in India an ancient nuclear reactor was discovered. The reactor was well laid out and more advanced than ours at current. It was underground, which seems like a good idea to me, and stored all of its nuclear waste within the facility. It is thought that the reacotr was in commision for about 1,500 years.

In Egypt, deep under the sand in some places, large areas with green glass have been found. It was origionally thought that the glass came from perhaps a rather large meteor impacting there but later scientists decided due to the size of the hole created by the impact, a meteor of that size wouldn't have created enough heat to cause the sand to turn to green glass so far from the impact area. A nuclear weapon, however, would have done this. Oddly enough, the glass is so old that cavemen were sculpting tools from the glass found there.

The Great Lakes are somewhat radiated which is why carbon dating there is difficult. There's alot more information out there about the topic. Indian theological texts even discuss this in great detail, they talk about radiation sickness and aircraft droping nuclear weapons on cities and what the blast was like, even what the soldiers did when exposed to the radiation...yet this was way back in the day, biblical times.

I have no links for you as it was rather difficult for me to find that information when I was looking into this stuff, I'm telling you this off the top of my head. To the best of my knowledge the information I have presented is accurate and I'm sure if you look around a bit you will be able to confirm it.

I'm no expert on such things, but if there are people living in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki areas today, but we detect heightened radiation from thousands of years ago from supposed nuclear wars, then that just doesn't make sense. If fifty years after WWII, people can live in areas that were nuked, but to this day we detect heightened radiation from thousands of years ago, then their nukes would have to have been thousands of times more potent.

Also, we have found ruins, but considering the fact that they are mud brick, and were supposedly nuked, then why do they still exist? If nukes can annihilate concrete and steel, but leave mud bricks standing, then the only explanation would be a neutron bomb.

Furthermore, if they had the materials to build nuclear reactors, then how come they lived in houses made of mud? Unless their nuclear reactors were made out of clay and animal sinews.

Continuing, we should have found advanced weapons there, if these people were truly advanced; unless they fought their wars with nuclear weapons, aircraft, and...spears and arrows.

Such talk of ancient nuclear wars seem to me to be complete speculation, as the only proof is the radiation levels and texts you mentioned (and, I suppose, the green glass, but a picture/link would be nice; I don't suppose you'd have one, considering what you said at the end). As for the texts, it's easy for people to talk about amazing things. They can talk about superweapons and unknown diseases. Hypothetical situation: our civilization is wiped out and ten thousand years from now people reach the level of technology in Halo. Then they find out about our game Halo and think, "This is proof that these people had interplanetary colonies ten thousand years ago!" Of course, there's a big jump from mud bricks to nukes, but it's not hard to think of something, say, an explosion, and make it bigger and deadlier.

Just a disclaimer, I'm an admitted sceptic. I find such things interesting, but I don't believe them. And, I've already said this, but I'm no expert on such things. My arguments are based on common sense and the information I know.

P.S. Great avatar.

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
Does anyone know more about the man who found green glass in the US midwest, either Nevada, or New mexico I think. It was many years before the a bomb, and he could not find out anything about what it was till after the bomb tests produced similar stuff.
How about the vitrified (melted) stone in some ancient Irish walls? I read that the heat needed was beyond the abilities of those days.

I have heard of these things, except for the green glass in America, and I have to admit they are a bit of an enigma. We have a few vague ideas about what sort of thing could cause something like that, but we don't know which is correct.

If I might offer an idle speculation about the forts:
Vitrified stone forts may be the result of some unknown fuel used either as an incindiary in siege warfare or for intentionally fusing stone blocks to make walls more permanent. It is also possible that chemicals were added to the joings in such walls to lower their melting temperature. This is commonly done in glass making, which is a form of vitrification.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I'm going to add to this thread from what I know:

There seemed to be a gigantic war, similar to the war going on now, between two ancient but powerful empires. One empire was that of water (ie, read water of life) and the other empire was that of death (fossil fuels, nuclear weapons, etc). If you want modern proof of the two technologies, you simply have to look at the machines built today. There are engines that can run on water, a battery (9 volt) can easily break down water into hydrogen and oxygen, oxygen and hydrogen can be used to propel engines, etc, etc. Myths from the Mahabharata and other ancient hindu texts state that air ships could fly both in air and in water (perhaps refueling?). Also it says in ancient Hindu texts that nothing is new, and that it has all been done before. Just look at the world today, and you will see that we are on the verge of some frightening new world order--chip implants, universal id, mandated vaccination, poisoned "food", etc, etc. All being implemented by the very same people that would keep us imprisoned on their financial system based on consumerism. People are rebelling against this and attempting to make their own lives outside this, the very same technology that (forgot the emperor's name) was frightened of because the technology was so powerful (ie, power of electromagnetism, scalar technology, tesla howitzer, etc), and because he was frightened, he declared that this technology was banned for 2000 years. he also cursed this technology, saying that no one would believe in it for 2000 years.

So there was a great war, and from my readings, Atlantis decided to nuke the whole world. In retribution, God (read: the devastating nuclear attack resulted in a global ecological upheaval that resulted in huge climactic changes) destroyed Atlantis in a great flood (ie, flood of Noah's ark?). Now mankind has rebuilt its empire, and we are again at the great dichotomy. The great Atlantean vs Raman empire war set mankind back thousands of years. Mankind has the power to use technology for good, but those who have power over us, who also have developed the most these advanced weapons, would keep mankind back and keep us in ignorance, and I'm willing to bet they would also destroy the world in order to keep us as their slaves. Look up HAARP, governmental use of scalar technology, stealth technology, the mantaouk experiments, the philadelphia experiments, nazi propoganda (later taken to the usa, renamed public relations), use of nuclear weaponry, etc. All are government projects, all are used for war, all designed to enslave man. They don't have to be.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyFox2

Hi and thanks for posting this in the first place !

There is a book "The Vimananika Shashtra" wich is translated from ancient Indian tablets. It discusses all the vimana tech. and a bit more also. I think it mentions ancient Ceylon, and discusses a nuclear attack
their based on positions of bodies, and I think shadows were found also,
just like the ones in Hiroshima.

Best Regards,
Alex
[email protected] No spam please, but anyone interested in researching this may respond...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowtrooper90
Furthermore, if they had the materials to build nuclear reactors, then how come they lived in houses made of mud? Unless their nuclear reactors were made out of clay and animal sinews.

Aye, that is the question. People that go for the "ancient technology" theory of flying machines, nukes, laser and so on always seem to conviently "forget" everything that's needed for it to work.

You cant have one thing without the other. A nuclear reactor requires something as simple as a monitoring system. And that require advanced computers. Which require materials both plastic and metals. Which require metalurgical skills and chemistry. Which requires an entire industry. Etc.

Though, I suppose we already know what the believers will say to this skeptic:

"Magic"

[edit on 16-6-2008 by merka]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
and you need people who can build this stuff, maintain it and run it. All that takes a lot of resources.

Where do they make a bolt? Consider what you need to make a common bolt.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think the entire point of this thread is to discuss the idea that there was in fact an entirely different "old/new world" Why not? especially if you buy into the idea that the earth is billions of years old. I personaly don't buy into that, but all this is very interesting anyway. I can't explain any of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyFox2

KeelyNet and the Vangard sciences. Also, Ooparts.com have information on these. I also just Googled Ancient Nuclear Wars and got whole listings. Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
While I don't rule out the possibility of ancient nuclear war, I find any evidence of such an event beyond thin. I think the odds of any of the 'signs' of these events occurring would have a higher chance of happening at random, naturally, than a nuclear war by a society we have no evidence of existing.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by the dustman

What is the age of Rama? I know of an explosion of Maldek caused by a nuclear war

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join