It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony won't drop North Korea film - is Looking at other ways to release it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Release on DVD and I'll buy it. Heck, I'd even volunteer for security for a theater that wants to run it. We should not be intimidated by genocidal assholes.

But we shouldn't take threats with a grain of salt either. No movie is worth risking lives for.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

It looks like a **** movie so or so, this "hack" doesn't make the movie better and worth money spending on.
Aside the fact that the hack WAS NEVER ABOUT THE MOVIE, the speculation "whether it's maybe because of the movie" was brought in way later, by our press. The hackers did not mention the movie initially at all. It was never about the movie.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoRulesAllowed
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

It looks like a **** movie so or so, this "hack" doesn't make the movie better and worth money spending on.
Aside the fact that the hack WAS NEVER ABOUT THE MOVIE, the speculation "whether it's maybe because of the movie" was brought in way later, by our press. The hackers did not mention the movie initially at all. It was never about the movie.

Totally agree that it doesn't look very good. I've only liked Seth Rogan in Neighbors, and James Franco hasn't been, in my opinion, a good actor since he was Hob Goblin. That's the only role I've liked him in and that is just sad. And I totally agree, the hack doesn't make this movie look any better. I assumed that the hack was about the movie, because they happened around the same time. The hack, and the movie becoming a 'must see,' I mean. In the end, I don't care what the hack is about, because seeing Sony freaking out is probably one of the best things ever. But I really don't think that all this uproar is that necessary for a so-so looking movie, with so-so actors, that should have never made it past script form.
edit on 20-12-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
As is typical when people forcibly censor something, such as a film, there is now a guarantee it will be a success. North Korea not only act stupid, they are stupid. Through their actions they have guaranteed the film will be a roaring success.

Sony must not be cowed.

Regards

Do you really believe the story that it is North korea who is behind this all , really? Does anyone?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
SONY has announced a new release date for 'The Interview'.

1/4/2015

asif

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

The North Koreans just might do something like that. But if it's not them it could be anyone. China acting through North Korea, a group in North Korea not acting on behalf of Kim, Sony itself, a rival studio, a disgruntled employee or employees (at least the hacking part) or some jokers doing it for no reason at all. Who the hell knows.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

LoL, Hollywood & Americans should pay N.Korea just for using their name. Their country's name, single-handedly created a buzz for this ridiculous movie. . .

If I was N.Korea I would use this publicity to start making some political moves.
edit on 21-12-2014 by SurrenderingAmerica because: accentuation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join