It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

This whole "Sony Hack" situation is a lot deeper than it seems

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:42 AM
That's a nerve racking ideal. I haven't owned a console since PS2.

I got the PS4 because of "evil within" looked amazing. (if your not a nibbled fingered kid, stay away from this horrible hard game, but it is very good) I also joined all their online stuff, free games , and I love Crunchyroll.

I pay 2500 a month in child support, if I get jacked I'm done for.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:16 PM
This is China.
They are hitting two birds with one stone Japan and the unwanted stepchild Norks.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:57 PM
Someone has it in for Sony/SOE and has for a long time. The company has a long list of enemies that they have gained over the years. They have had a lot of hack attacks on them.

These attacks seem to be all about public perception regarding Sony/SOE. Someone wants to further ruin the companies reputation and make them lose a lot of consumer trust.

Ultimately, the stuff with Sony in the last several or so years has been about embarrassment on a global high profile scale. Anyone cracking their internal mail and memo server could get more pertinent info to leak than some private insults of celebrities. But what they have done is made a big Japanese company lose face.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:02 PM
In the end, I guess Sony has learned nothing over the years when it comes to protecting your IT.

I'm just simply not convinced it was the North Koreans. This could be 1 person pulling some shenanigans again. Last time they were calling in bomb threats to Smedley's plane and that wasn't the North Koreans. They say the malware was written in korean, how hard would it be to translate your code to another language when you compile it? Maybe some idiot bought it off silk road.

Our intelligence community has been one long train wreck of a failure for 20 years now. They lie or totally misrepresent everything and in this case, they can only say they suspect or believe. AKA they are guessing at what is likely.
edit on 20-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
a reply to: stirling

Yep, and Bill Gates is behind Microsoft. I wouldn't put anything past him.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:12 AM
This is the case of a fanboi that can't see past his "brand". Literally every large company based on internet technology has been dealing with this. From Blizzard to yes, Sony. Difference is, Blizzard hasn't bankrolled a derogatory film about a dictator because the Jews asked them to. Sony could not possibly be as ignorant to the NK situation as many in the West are, as it is common knowledge in Japan just what they teach in the history books in NK. This was a calculated move resulting in a calculated response.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:45 AM
Interesting perspective Bloodydagger.

I'm not an online gamer and haven't a clue about some game system wars that are going on. I really like your take on this situation, but it doesn't explain to me the connection to N.K. code or that the malware infection came out of China.

Why would some disgruntled ex employees or gamers wish to drag N.K. and China into this? How does that fit into this corporate or personal agenda?

I smell a cyber false flag in all this, but from the government, not from a corporate source, at least not directly.

This attack must be well funded and very well thought out and that, in my opinion, limits the players by excluding disgruntled workers and gamers. Also, the sources of the attack seems to lead back to our government interests, not corporate.

That's my take, but like I said, I'm clueless about the game wars.

edit on 21-12-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:57 AM
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Its all really a guesstimate at this point on the whys, whos and hows. I just have a really hard time buying the official story about how NK is behind it all. This reeks of coming from our own backyard here in the USA. Why would other countries care about what movies we produce here? Especially a comedy? As I said before, there have been WAY MORE controversial movies put out before that didn't cause a stir like this.

So to me, knowing that, this was directly aimed at Sony. In other words, it has everything to do with Sony and less to do with the actual movie that was canceled.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:25 AM
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Totally agree with you there, the center of this lies with Sony. Star for your comment.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:56 AM
Well FWIW here is one person's opinion of the who and why..........

Some things he writes about seem way out there but others seem very likely.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:31 PM
a reply to: SMOKINGGUN2012

Maybe it's the way he expresses things in his writing. I like Hillery in that uniform though.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>