It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This whole "Sony Hack" situation is a lot deeper than it seems

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

And how much (%?) is the gaming income to Sony?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Also, do you have a link/source to these %'s?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
Also, do you have a link/source to these %'s?

You see the link on my first post.

Sony is Similar and may even lose money in the gaming sector to even compete.. That's at least what they did with Ps3, but I'll go check..

BluRay...

Sony makes a Lot of Stuff..

Gaming looks to be about 13% for Sony..
Link
edit on 20-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This shows as different than your 3%.

Entertainment and Devices (XBox 360/LIVE, Windows Phone) Revenue: $10,165,000,000 (+6%) Operating income: $848,000,000 (+120%)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
But anyway, regardless of the why's and how's, what is being done to Sony today has been going on for years. That is the moral of the story.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

No it doesn't

Income is on the right which is up 120% from the year before making up about 1 billion income out of a total of 34 billion dollars income.. Which comers out to 3%

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

And 13% is "Small Fries"?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

And 13% is "Small Fries"?

Small fries for microsoft at 3%

If they have a motive to Hack something in a cut throat business that makes 10s of billions rather than 1 billion they should be hacking Apple. The thought of microsoft hacking makes me laugh kind of.. What if it was SEGA or Nintendo who Have actual legitimate Beef with Sony for being dicks???

Sony makes a lot of people angry.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Why go directly for the big competition (Apple) when you can go after the smaller one (sony) first and strenghten you position
edit on 20-12-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

OK, but fact is these companies are competitive and don't like losing to a rival in anything, no matter how small it may seem. Do you think that the Microsoft XBOX/Gaming department likes knowing that its behind the Playstation in sales? Don't you think they'd rather be ahead?

And its no secret that Nintendo is ahead of everyone. Nobody expects to beat the Wii in sales. Its always been that way. NES is in a class of its own. Its the consoles under the NES that are always fighting for position.

NES has no fear of XBOX or PS. Never has because it doesn't have to. The Nintendo brand sales itself.

And SEGA is no longer around. Sonic was sold off to Nintendo for example

And why go after Apple or some other big company anyway? Why fight a losing battle? In these situations, you pick the battles you can win and whoever is attacking Sony is winning...........
edit on 20-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I've been around a long time around the Gaming world.. The current Generation doesn't have all the weird back room deals and back stabbing that used to be going on..

I doubt Microsoft would go after Sony.. It just doesn't make any sense..

Check this out:

Why Does Sony Keep getting hacked?

Sony responded by suing Hotz, a move that reportedly infuriated many in the hacker community. Many experts say the attack on the PlayStation Network in April could have been an act of vilgilante justice resulting directly or indirectly from Sony's lawsuit against Hotz.

"Sony's perceived abuse of the legal system in targeting reverse-engineer George Hotz infuriated hacker groups," said Randy Abrams, director of technical education at ESET, an IT security firm. Abrams also noted that even before the Hotz incident, Sony had drummed up "significant antipathy" as the result of a 2005 scandal involving Sony CDs that automatically installed a rootkit that made users' computers vulnerable to attack.

Like I keep saying Sony has Pissed off a LOT of different people. They pissed me off back in the day and I don't even remember what it was anymore..

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
way way back, Sony bought out a particular gaming console but it would not play the previous games or something like that. I am not a gamer so I can't remember all the finer details. But it sucked and Sony only did it for profit.

Along comes Mr. Bright Spark citizen and hacks the console. It now plays all the previous games. Mr Spark put the hack on the internet. He decided that he paid for the console, it was his and he could do with it what he wanted.

Well, Sony didn't see it that way and took him to court based on something written in the T&Cs of purchase that no sentient being would ever bother to read.

Sony won of course and Mr. Bright Spark had horrible things done to him by the courts.

This enraged Mr. Sparks mates .... being a huge chunk of the gaming community, themselves, also wonderfully talented Nerds and Nerdesses. They were not happy people. Very smart but now, also angry.

Sony was hacked, it was beaten around the head, kicked savagely in the you know where and generally taught a lesson about doing the right thing by gamers.

Attacks have been ongoing since then. Parts of the gaming community vowed to send Sony to hell.

Now that is the historical side of things.

What is happening now, is anyone's guess but I very much doubt that it is Microsoft. They just have to sit, watch and chuckle.

P

Damn. OK, same info but KnightLight was faster. Well done.
edit on 20/12/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

See you know what I just posted about..

Thing is they were pissing off many more people before that and getting hacked too..

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Everything is just "bad" with Sony/SOE. Have you ever tried dealing with their CS? Its a nightmare. They don't treat their customers like...customers.

Its funny, when people stop playing games by Sony/SOE, they always say that they'll never play another game by the company again. I'm actually one of them. I played EverQuest from 1999 to 2014. I got tired of it and "retired". I'll never touch another game with the Sony/SOE logo.

And yeah, its no secret that the company has gained many enemies over the years.

I think whoever is attacking Sony right now, basically has them bent over a barrel.

Sony/SOE is probably the most hated known gaming brand out there right now.
edit on 20-12-2014 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: devious003

Lol they get hacked because they dont care. I'm in information security and sony is a death trap for professionals every time they get hacked they fire the whole iT security staff and they ignore everything the staff suggest

I agree 100% with this. Its funny, but the last time they were hacked and all of their games went dark, Sony sent out statements saying that everything is under control and nobody had anything to worry about regarding their info being stolen. How wrong they were.........

Sony/SOE is known for its lies and deceit when it comes to addressing the public. So when the damage control patrol comes out of the Sony woodwork, all you can do is roll your eyes.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I see that the first page of this thread is mostly about a group of some sort are going real bad on Sony, to virtually destroy the company from one end to the other. In my outsider view, I have my biases and they will show no matter how I try to be delicate here. Non-the less.... We have at least four basic reasons for the attack: politics, business rivals, simple hackers, and race haters.

Business rivals: Microsoft is being fingered as the culprit here in the early pages and it is surprising the amount of detailed knowledge of some of those blaming Microsoft. I find that suspicious, like they were ready to pounce. Politics: The early posts seem to have forgotten about North Korea and tend to blame the victim, Sony. Hackers such as Anonymous seriously causing some trouble simply because they can? Very possible, but they seem to bore easily and move on to the next target before ever finishing what they started with the last one. Race haters: This reason would stem from some group that was either a collection of diverse individuals down on Sony--for being Sony--or a select group, ethically driven, that had their own reasons to destroy Sony. Take your pick.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I don't know....I think someone found oil and natural resources in North Korea. Finally the People of North Korea are finally worthy of the intervention of the West, maybe.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Sony's gaming is why they have been a target a while. A bunch of kids playing and screwing around. Then when they are not happy over some situation, they lash out. I think a real take over would have come and gone by now. The big money making people play the game with money.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I agree that it seems Sony have p**sed someone off and they are paying the price for it. Who that is I have no idea. I don't see it being Microsoft, Apple or Nintendo. The truth will come out who it is eventually, so it wouldn't be one of the huge three I just mentioned, too much to lose.

As to who's doing it? I have no idea. The hackers want all traces of the film off the internet. If they do this, no more dirty info will be released.

Sony seem scared to me. Was the Playstation project funded by the mafia?
Are Sony big wigs Aliens?

Interesting few weeks ahead.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
First of all....I believe that Microsoft has access to EVERY computer, bit of software etc.it sells via backdoors installed at the factory so to speak....
Microsoft, is as capable as the NSA in many ways they likely work together to spy on the whole world.....
Hacking into Sony would be childs play for them.....
I think it would be beneficial to look into other areas where Micro soft could use its immense advantages to lock out, discredit, or otherwise damage any other competition it may have had or has......
You are likely onto something here but it could grow exponentially with more data................

edit on 20-12-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join