It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone REALLY think the Sony hack was about a movie?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Why would anybody believe anything being "reported" as coming out of North Korea?

The MSM is controlling the entire thing.

How can anybody confirm Kim Jong Un even said anything?

For that matter, how do we even know Sony Pictures got hacked like is being reported ??

All of this falls under the same labels for me, why does it matter so much to the public, and when do we ever get to see the evidence of the constant claims of the media ??

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
No, this hack was about something far more horrifying than the people can handle.

No, North Korea was not involved considering "Young General" is pretty pro-Westerner in Asian standards and BFF's with Mr. Rodman.

In response to the nude photos released by the hackers of many famous female celebrities. I would love if someone could check the time stamps on all those photos and actually check to make sure they weren't all just taken within a 24-72 hour window in order to be used to push an agenda on "cyber security". Not only that why are these hackers only hacking females? Isn't the whole point for these hackers to release these photos in order to humiliate these people and make them lose faith in their ability to keep thing safe and secure? Maybe, it's because hackers just like original boobs...maybe, or maybe its because this $#!T was made up and planned. If a hacker really wanted to get someone they wouldn't hack a simple celebrity. They wouldn't stop at just the females. They wouldn't really do any of the bull$#!T that the American Government and MSM insist that these hackers are doing.

Lastly, I would like to get on another subject. DDoS
Over the past 24 hours or so there has been a fairly large spike in attacks. If you think war isn't on your doorstep then you'd be right because its in your home already. Fighting for privacy, fighting against service denial, and many other road blocks, checkpoints, and quarantines. My friends we are already fighting for survival. That last breath of air will be exhaled, and you won't realize it but you'll be slowly drowning surrounded by fresh clean air.

What is living, without freedom?
What is surviving, without hope?

Soon enough we may all experience this.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Why hasn't 20th Century Fox studios been "attacked"? They are set to do a comedy based on Dennis Rodman's buddy/buddy relationship with Kim Jong Un entitled "Diplomats". I can just imagine what that one is going to be like.

You do know that "The Interview" was about assassinating Kim Jung Un right?
North Korea throws fits about Christmas trees for freaks sake.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So if it wasn't North Korea, or hackers paid by North Korea, then who was it?
And if it wasn't about the movie The Interview, then what was it about?

The OP simply denies the official story, questioning what's being claimed. It offers no opposing theory.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

The OP simply denies the official story, questioning what's being claimed. It offers no opposing theory.

Someone who wanted money/unknown demands.
They wanted money/unknown demands.

The hackers didn't mention The Interview until after the media and Sony had publicly blamed the hack on the movie - assuming the communication was from the hackers, that is. I posted in more detail in another thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
" Does anyone REALLY think the Sony hack was about a movie?! "

Some people might think it's connected to the Cuba/U.S. "New Deal".

The "Timing" is there.

The point was to downplay any anti-Communism.

Castro's image is next.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Dunno why people are underestimating NO KO.

Here is a blast from the past from 2007.

Military planners and security experts have intensified their shouts of concern about the development of cyber weapons and the distinct possibility of a cyber war. Cyber warfare is not new. It has been in modern military doctrine for the past decade not to mention the number of terrorist groups who have threatened the use of cyber weapons against the west. However, what has changed is the number of countries that posess these capabilities today. Read more: defensetech.org... Defense.org

Unit 121.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The North Korean hackers real crime against America was allowing the remake of "Annie" to be released.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
>>
Lastly, I would like to get on another subject. DDoS
>>

This is a FACT (read up on it if you want):

Following the hack, SONY (!!) DDoSed some of those sites where the sensitive material that was stolen was made available.
Again...this is a fact, not speculation.

If you know how the internet works you will possibly also know that it's not that easy as that a computer A is connected to another computer B. (The internet is a complex system where computers, routers, switches etc. are interconnected.)

Differently: If SONY or anyone DDoSes a target X it is likely that other parts of the internet suffer as well, say, sites can go down or be unreachable which don't have anything to do with the actual DDoS targets.

It is for that reason VERY likely to speculate that the recent somewhat increased DDoS activity (start of this month) and also when ATS was down is a byproduct of those SONY initiated DDoS attacks.

As an additional head-scratcher...the timing of the take-down of The Piratebay at the same time where SONY sensitive information is spread..is REMARKABLE as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg
The North Korean hackers real crime against America was allowing the remake of "Annie" to be released.

That was just a diversion.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Does anyone REALLY think the Sony hack was about a movie?!

No.

Care to elaborate?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There are a lot of factions at play here, don't forget that. All of these fractured compartmentalized organizations running amok in the fog of the cyberworld with the ability to frame others and leave no trace, depending on their resources

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex

You're right. I simply cast doubt on the official story and offered no opposing theory although I DO have one. I may post it in a thread later. I'm still following up on some informational dots.

I will ask this though. Is it plausible that this hyperbolic focus on foreign hackers is creating a "OMG-we-are-in-the-middle-of-INTERNATIONAL-Cyber Warfare-" fear?

I would look super close at the UN's agenda and the companies (including Sony) participating in some of their strategy conferences.

Have you heard of "disruptive theory"---disruptive history,---disruptive innovation---disruptive technology?

Have you heard of "black swan theory"?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think it is ALL odd.
this and other hacking.

And even ATS is under attack!
Google it taking away ATS's money from adds.
and just after a web attack, DOS.
and this is happening to other sites.

put it all together and it is very big.

edit on 21-12-2014 by buddha because: shh!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

sure it was. look how quickly the Pres said we haven't even begun to "protect" the internet. cia did it. it's a power grab.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: queenofswords

Put it this way, I am just a hillbilly who loves to stay up on news, and this appears to me to be the Benghazi YT video part 2?

IF the folks bought that once, why not ramp it up?

food for thought, I could be off my rocker, I am just very cynical about anything coming from US official sources, and their paid mouthpieces..

If you connected the dots before everyone started parroting the same story basically what happened is NK tried some corporate espionage. They may or may not (likely may) have done this through hiring a hacker group rather than using a state program. Originally they were just after documents, anything they could use to blackmail Sony. Sony complied with this blackmail for a time, then relented. As a result they released this information which included the movie everyone is up in arms about. Someone ran with the story that it was over Un and NK themselves ran with it.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
The end result will be a governmentality run internet, that can "protect" from these "attacks". Just like the whole nudie pics released by hackers a few months ago....all part of a government agenda.

Ten, twenty, etc. years ago, movie production companies managed to NOT store digital copies of unreleased movies on network drives accessible to third party criminals. They were stored on secure media. ....So....that's what they need to do again. No govt run internet needed.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: thesmokingman
The end result will be a governmentality run internet, that can "protect" from these "attacks". Just like the whole nudie pics released by hackers a few months ago....all part of a government agenda.

Ten, twenty, etc. years ago, movie production companies managed to NOT store digital copies of unreleased movies on network drives accessible to third party criminals. They were stored on secure media. ....So....that's what they need to do again. No govt run internet needed.

And when they did so, they didn't have access to the same benefits. 20 years ago file sharing was also much more limited, as were the internet connections to download said content.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Personally, I think the Sony "hack" was a marketing gimmick by Sony that has gotten way out of control.

I think Sony hired hackers to hack themselves, thinking that they likely wouldn't be very successful, and they could claim that the North Koreans were behind it all, all in good fun.

Just because the hackers used software similar to what the North Koreans use, doesn't mean anything. Most of the software to do this is readily available online from the dark corners of the internet.

Then the hackers actually got into their system, and all hell broke lose and it backfired.

If this is found out, there will be absolute hell to pay.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The benefits aren't equal to $150 million+ per movie. Not even close.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join