It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone REALLY think the Sony hack was about a movie?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
a reply to: queenofswords

You must have read some of my posts

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We are definitely tracking along the same line of thought.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight
a reply to: JacKatMtn

That's where I'm at too. Russia.
People even believed Saudi Arabia was trying to hurt shale oil in the US.. hahaha.. Watch the oil companies in the US cut out all the small shale guys who don't have huge money reserves while Russia gets choked out.. Meanwhile Gasoline is easier to make with cheaper oil, and Gasoline is Americas biggest export.

Not really sure on why the fake reasons (North Korea) but I see Sony is playing along. People need to understand that in a Cold war you are constantly putting the other King in Check, without taking any of the pawns..

Well we have our subs here..
Yea you have your subs, but look at our space plane..
We can move oil through Turkey..
We lower oil prices..

Blah blah blah until it seems no one has a trump card and the game cools off a bit.. Problem is that this game has a time limit and the time limit is how long the dollar can last.. Something has to give before then or the US will move to extreme measures.

Not sure who has more hands to play and who can back out of the game and when.. Maybe we are seeing the power plays that must take place before China and Russia get too powerful..

I don't think we have enough missile defense for this kind of game.. I'd be watching for any news about the power grid.. see if you connect any power failures to hacks.

I am of course Very cynical.
maybe they're telling the truth.

I too was of the mind that the dollar was in peril, but reading Martin Armstrong's opinion on the subject, it's pretty clear that won't happen - at least not any time soon. The dollar, if you can believe it, is the only safe haven for currency. Can you think of any better? Ruble? Certainly not. Yuan? Would you put all your eggs in that basket? How about the Euro? That is almost as bad as the Ruble.

No the dollar is and will be the world currency for the foreseeable future. I don't care how much they borrow and spend. Everything else is worse and actually the thieves running things in Washington know this as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Bilk22

You must have read some of my posts

We are definitely tracking along the same line of thought.

Yeah it's almost too obvious. This certainly isn't what they want us to believe it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Why would anybody believe anything being "reported" as coming out of North Korea?

The MSM is controlling the entire thing.

How can anybody confirm Kim Jong Un even said anything?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Not even slightly!

As I have stated in other threads, if the MSM has a 24 news cycle spreading its version of world events, you can bet that at the least they have altered the facts and that the SOP would be to completely fabricate a story.

It amazes me how many jumped on the bandwagon of, OMG we are bowing to threats! What about free speech!

Where was this same backlash while the free speech zones were being rolled out. Or the corporate take over that has been historic in our Media.

I mean really people need to wise up to the whole propaganda game, perhaps start by reading Edward Bernays 1928 book called Propaganda, then use your imagination as to how TPTB have manipulated the premise of his book.

Even on ATS people are foaming at the mouth for some sort of revenge against old Kimmy boy.

It is fascinating, the reality that TPTB can sell, does not take much to capitalize on fear!
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amSaturday12 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

he film received attention for its negative portrayal of Kim Jong-un. In June 2014, threats of "merciless" action against the United States were made if its distributor, Columbia Pictures, went ahead with the film's release. Columbia delayed the planned October 3, 2014, release to December 25 to digitally alter thousands of buttons worn by the North Korean military. In November 2014, the computer systems of parent company Sony Pictures Entertainment were hacked by a group that the FBI believes has ties to North Korea.[3] After leaking several other then-upcoming Sony films and other sensitive internal information, the group demanded that Sony pull The Interview, which it referred to as "the movie of terrorism".

Interesting that it was supposed to come out in October of this year, but was delayed. (Ebola was hogging the MSM headlines back then). Also, why was Columbia pictures not hacked? It appears that they are the distributor of the film. Why SONY? I mean, SONY should have had top notch security being as their Network was hacked at least one time prior to this.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-12-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Suspect it has more to do with passing anti-piracy laws .. net censorship .. and making lil kim the scapegoat of the day ..

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It became obvious to me a few days ago that N Korea didn't do it, especially with emails in broken English, that was a good addition though. That's just the way Im thinking now. Im pretty good at spotting a liar and Obamas speech was just a little too good. Maybe Im wrong but I wouldn't doubt it.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS
Overplayed. Played Out. Slow News Day. Take your pick.

Won't worry about it unless missiles fly. Until then... everything is good.

War?

Kim Jong-un says a lot of things. Kind of like the boy who cried wolf.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Or China getting rid of an unwanted stepchild...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Notice how the media (and the American people)
have completely forgotten about the newly released
CIA torture report?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: center
It became obvious to me a few days ago that N Korea didn't do it, especially with emails in broken English, that was a good addition though. That's just the way Im thinking now. Im pretty good at spotting a liar and Obamas speech was just a little too good. Maybe Im wrong but I wouldn't doubt it.

100% agree with the broken english email. Not only obviously NOT from NK, but a little racist and insulting to Koreans if you ask me.....poor taste in my opinion. Also a dead giveaway.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Here is a linky to an interesting read.www.truthrevolt.org...
It talks about hacking signatures and how severs can be routed among other things. Makes me wonder if they are using NK as an easy out.

edit on 20-12-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Merry Christmas !!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
imho, I believe the hack had very little to do with n.k. it would seem more logical to me that a few months back certain corporations and/or gov't entities were advised that they were going to be targeted hacks. and to prove they weren't joking, specific items were mentioned to prove veracity. After the sony hack, things became very apparent:
1) us gov't had a pat down response already in place. including investigation story and response to it.
2) interesting and titillating email info plus ss # of various celebrities play false flag.
Which all leads me to consider many other gov'ts such as china and Russia. but I also thought us gov't might be behind the whole thing. many are underestimating what capabilities in cyber warfare that the us gov't actually has at its disposal.
a brilliant move that creates an unknown enemy, which in turn allows the gov't to be even more intrusive. all the while acknowledging nothing. I would almost daresay that over 50% of hacks are actually funded by the us gov't. going back to my initial point. many entities were given word that this kind of hack was going to happen before it did. no one realized that the us gov't was behind it. there is no logic behind hacking sony, unless it was a show of force. you create a valid enemy, you have just created an entire budget to battle said enemy. it was a show of force against a mnc which is all about entertainment. if the hack was against a military/sub-gov't/financial bank, I would suspect otherwise. but this sony hack seems to be quite conveniently something that can only benefit enlarging budget parameters of certain us gov'tal entities. my 2cents.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If Sony is using it to cancel the movie then they must of made a deal with the so called hackers so they would go with the story. That means some kind of payment. It also means Sony is corrupt.
edit on 12/20/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

There is more going on than a simple hack. Getting a lot of media attention too...

time will tell

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Another interesting tidbit. May be worthy, may not be. But, ATSers can file it away in the margins of our minds while we peel back the layers of this fishy mess.

Sony earlier this year lost its top security expert, Philip Reitinger, who was previously with the Department of Homeland Security. He quit to launch his own company, Vision Spear LLC. He also used to work for Microsoft. Hmmmm....

Let me add that he also worked for the Department of Defense's Cyber Crime Center and the Department of Justice according to this article.
edit on 20-12-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

One movie has a plot that pokes fun at Un. The other blows him up. Bit of a difference there. That and The Interview was scheduled to release this week. Diplomats probably hasn't even done casting yet. That said I'm still laying the blame at the feet of the kids over at 4chan. As another member mentioned this whole situation is pretty similar to the Fappening leaks. An event brought to you by the lolz-seekers over there.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

The end result will be a govern mentality run internet, that can "protect" from these "attacks".

Nah, they need our input. "I'd never s*** you, you're my favorite turd."

If not to use us for ideas, then to monitor any threats to the elite.

If they want to kill the internet all they have to do is blow yup another building and show us three grainy pics of the program that did it.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

IMO NK had nothing to do with this...

The hack and subsequent attacks were from more capable enemies...

I guess we can call this a Silent War ?

YMMV..

I 100% agree with your statement.

But it does really stink with something going on the background.
I just keep thinking Sony a china ran co being attacked by NK a alley of china. This is why it don't add up for me.
But If it was NK then it would explain why the movie got pulled so quick. but you would think the CEO's in china would have pulled it for NK in the making if it really was NK. I think its Russia still testing its waters seeing what it can get away with still just like invading allies air space all over the world and the Sub at our other allies. And if this was the case we just played right into the text book with Russia taking notes...
edit on 20-12-2014 by St0mP121 because: had something to add

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join