It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another "Suicide" of an Investigative Journalist? (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Investigative journalist Gary Webb was found dead in his home last Friday, apparently from self-inflicted gunshot wounds. Mr. Webb is best known for reporting on alleged links between the CIA and drug dealing. He joins the ranks of (at least) four other journalists, Mark Lombardi, J.H. Hatfield, Danny Casalaro, all apparent suicide victims.

www.sacbee.com
Gary Webb, a prize-winning investigative journalist whose star-crossed career was capped with a controversial newspaper series linking the CIA to the crack coc aine epidemic in Los Angeles, died Friday of self-inflicted gunshot wounds, officials said.

Mr. Webb, 49, was found dead in his Carmichael home Friday morning of gunshot wounds to the head, the Sacramento County Coroner's Office said Saturday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I must admit to being largely ignorant of this topic, but it caught my eye, and seems both incredible and all-too-believable.

It was interesting to note that the Sacramento Bee article states that Mr. Webb died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds. I would have thought that most people who kill themselves with guns only manage to get off one shot...

Please see the second supporting link (www.steamshovelpress.com...) for information on the other three suspicious journalist suicides.

Related News Links:
www.indybay.org
www.steamshovelpress.com

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Azeari of the Radiant Eye]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
There are exceptions on the death by gunshots in the head thing though.

A few years back I read a newsstory about a guy first shooting himself in the stomach(misser) then 1 inch left to his heart(misser) then directly into his heart(hit) which for some reason didn't kill him, then he proceeded to shoot a bullet from his right ear exiting at his left cheek(misser), then one behind his left ear exiting the back of his head(misser), next one from under his chin exiting at the top of his nose(misser) and the final one, while the cops found him from the front of his head directly trough his frontal lobe out the back of his head(hit). There were a total of 11 bullet wounds, dunno where the rest of them were.

Yet that shot didn't kill him either but put him in the hospital for nearly half a year before he jumped out of the hospital window and finaly died like that.

I'm looking to find the article again.

But I agree about this article though. When an investigative reporter dies that has a resume like this guy has, especialy when you have the CIA poping up in a bad daylight, the death warants a thorough investigation imho.

The CIA is known to and allowed to kill people if they pose a threat to their operations.

new topics

join