It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were in charge of Sony, what would you do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

I would use some of my vast financial and human resources, to identify the hackers and the locations of any dead drops they might have made, and then pay a private "security" firm to turn the individuals responsible into a fine, rapidly expanding mist of blood, bone fragments, and organ remnants, while releasing the film over the internet for a slightly bumped up fee, to cover the cost of the tracking, and the hit.

Edit to add:

There are some very good reasons why I am glad that I have never attained even the slightest amount of financial, or political power. I do not believe that the above solution is the correct one. It is just what I would do if I had the money and resources available to the Sony Pictures company, and was being messed with by powers unknown.
edit on 20-12-2014 by TrueBrit because: Clarification added.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'd release it on the internet and to cable tv with the only stipulation being that it be shown for free. I'd make sure that a copy of it was translated into Korean and I'd get the US gov't to beam the Korean addition into N. Korea from S. Korea and that it was showing for free on S. Korean TV.

And if I were in charge of Sony I'd apologize for being a coward.

All Sony did was embolden terrorists and hackers. You can't give in to them. Ever. They'll never stop.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If I was in charge of Sony, I would have avoided making that movie. The big film manufacturers should stay out of making controversial movies that upset governments or major religious or ethnic groups.
edit on 20-12-2014 by rickymouse because: spelling

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well, after thinking last night, if Sony wanted to do something productive (and help their employees), they allow the film to be served up online illegally, sue the group hosting the video, and whatever money they make off the lawsuit put it towards some kind of technology that lets us use a more secure system than SSN to identify someone.

I'm loving the replies so far - by all means keep 'em coming!

a reply to: Domo1

I've got no words for you Domo - well played indeed.
-foss

top topics

<< 1   >>

join