It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
could find something. because the mars lander will be on mars in 6 months lands on mars at 2.00am cristmas day.

who

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I cant wait to see what it finds out, NASA is also sending a probe shortly after the Euro one gets there. I hope they show everything they find, although I have my doubts.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I really hope they understand the difference between feet and meters this time.
I mean it ain't rocket science..

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

The most ridiculous mistake to happen in Space science EVER !!

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Take off delayed due to bad weather.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Yeah, I believe their explanation on that one. They really do think we're idiots, to believe that.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My thoughts are that the last probe did land successfully and we were told otherwise. By telling the public that it crashed and they lost communications to the probe - this would keep the meia and the public from distubing NASA and they can conduct there research in secrecy. It had to have been a coverup - NASA is not that dumb and besides they have one of the if not the highest ISO standards. Any work that is performed is not only done with the highest scrutiny, all their work is double checked. To miss something as stupid as metric vs asa measurements is just mooronic. That would be like stating that the probe was upside down during launch and crashed in to the earth.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yay. More useless probes.

who

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I dont think they could be called "useless probes" without knowing everything they are doing up there. It would be great if we could see live streaming video that is actually live and unedited. I realize this is next to impossible, but it would be really cool. I dont think the other probe crashed either, there is no way something that stupid could happen, Nepok is right.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well, that's what happens when you have 2 different firm's working on the software for the probe. Lack of communication... I dont think NASA would cover-up a successful mission to mars... especially with the funding they need.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer

Originally posted by astrocreep

The most ridiculous mistake to happen in Space science EVER !!

Good one Observer!! Mind you, Hubble caused a few red faces too, didn't it?

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i have got to say that unless the life is microscopic fungus or something to that degree they will not release any information that may cause conflict or public arguement,, religion is still very strong,, when we admit to any indication there ever was intelligent life anywhere except from us there will be mass hysteria in the religous media groups

new topics

top topics

join