It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton to have a say over how Sony makes movies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Black Folks seem to dismiss some great people that could be their leaders.

I mean look at Dr. Ben Carson, Herman Cain and many many more.

Herman Cain???...
ya gotta be kidding right?? hell white folks didn't want him so why dump him on us,like black folks don't have enough issues to deal with.
And I have to ask who are white folks leaders Rush Limbaugh?? Sean Hannity

edit on 20-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

originally posted by: NavyDoc

a reply to: NavyDoc

You aren't of the opinion that the President sets his own schedule, are you?

LOL. The President of the United States would not meet with someone he didn't want to, much less over 60 times.

Thirty-four of Sharpton’s visits were for White House events like high-profile nominations, bill signings, and soirées. Some, like the February 9, 2010, “Celebration of Music from the Civil Rights Movement,” seem well within Sharpton’s wheelhouse. But many more — including a March 18, 2010, signing ceremony for a “jobs bill” and a May 19, 2010, event honoring visiting Mexican president Felipe Calderón — leave one wondering where Sharpton’s expertise enters the picture. Others — such as the Obamas’ 2011 Super Bowl party, small-scale movie screenings in February 2011 and April 2013, and especially the president’s birthday party in August 2011 — speak to a close personal relationship between Sharpton and the first family.

www.whitehousedossier.com... ited-obama-white-house-61-times/

So you do think the president sets his own schedule.

LOL and you don't think he decides who he's going to fete in in his home and with his family dozens upon dozens of times? You honestly he is an unwilling participant?

This isn't a case of "he was on the guest list once."
edit on 20-12-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

And I have to ask who are white folks leaders Rush Limbaugh?

Rush Limbaugh...now that's funny.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

of course he's an unwilling participant. it's all a vast conspiracy to control who the President meets dozens and dozens of times. NHL champions, MLB champions, Al Sharpton, it's all controlled and the President has no say in who is invited into his home, office, and events dozens and dozens of times.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

A little bit of information is a dangerous thing, and that's what you get from wikipedia.

I hope you don't let that be the end of you quest for knowledge, because, as you say, History is important to learn and understand.

Man always treats his toys well, doesn't he? No men ever mistreat animals or tractors... or even paid employees, right?

I know it might be out of vogue to do so, especially here on ATS for some reason, but here are a couple of well researched books on the subject.

The Tragedy of Lynching. Aut: Raper (Particularly good as it was written closer to the time of occurrence and the copy I have is annotated with further research.)
The Muckrakers and Lynching: A Case Study in Racism Aut: Beasley
Racial Violence in Kentucky, 1865-1940 (The first two chapters)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

You aren't of the opinion that the President sets his own schedule, are you?

LOL. The President of the United States would not meet with someone he didn't want to, much less over 60 times.

Thirty-four of Sharpton’s visits were for White House events like high-profile nominations, bill signings, and soirées. Some, like the February 9, 2010, “Celebration of Music from the Civil Rights Movement,” seem well within Sharpton’s wheelhouse. But many more — including a March 18, 2010, signing ceremony for a “jobs bill” and a May 19, 2010, event honoring visiting Mexican president Felipe Calderón — leave one wondering where Sharpton’s expertise enters the picture. Others — such as the Obamas’ 2011 Super Bowl party, small-scale movie screenings in February 2011 and April 2013, and especially the president’s birthday party in August 2011 — speak to a close personal relationship between Sharpton and the first family.

www.whitehousedossier.com... ited-obama-white-house-61-times/

So you do think the president sets his own schedule.

LOL and you don't think he decides who he's going to fete in in his home and with his family dozens upon dozens of times? You honestly he is an unwilling participant?

This isn't a case of "he was on the guest list once."

So you don't think the president sets his own schedule? You are confusing me. Regardless, how is Al Sharpton going to a private party with the President the same as white people trotting Al Sharpton in front of cameras to make other White people angry?

You sure seem angry that Al Sharpton is meeting with the president...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
OMG

Now we will get a lot of movies about white privilege
and how awful white people are
and how white people should be put in their place.

Sharpton is a divider and loves to create havoc between races. He makes money off of it, racial strife and division are his bread and butter. Note how he acted at Ferguson, encouraging rioting.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ben Carson and Herman Cain ARE NOT WORTHY BLACK LEADERS

Let black people pick their OWN leaders

Not White people telling them who their leaders should be

Sharpton is lousy too but not as bad as Cain and Carson

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Al Sharpton is a tax cheat! He owes $5 million in back taxes...IF anyone on this forum owed this amount we would be "IN JAIL". He still hasn't paid the $2 million settlement for the wrongful accusation of the NYC cop who he said raped Towana Brawley.

Towana changed her name and moved out of NYC and Al travels to Ferguson to stir the pot.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So first Sony apologizes to Angelia Jolie for having private emails saying she's a spoiled talentless hack (which she is). Then they give in to cyber terrorists and cancel a movie costing them $200 million. Then they bring in Al Sharpton to tell them what to do? Wow, it sounds like someone at the head of Sony has lost his/her marbles.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Herman Cain???...
ya gotta be kidding right?? hell white folks didn't want him so why dump him on us,like black folks don't have enough issues to deal with.

Let Black Folks pick their own Leaders....

They have...Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Malcom X.

It's seems leaders that say pull yourself up by your Bootstraps are hated.

The Leaders that race bait, shakedown Corporations, and want something for nothing.

Those seem to be the Leaders Black Folks stand behind...I get it. It's a shakedown.
edit on 20-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well one thing that has become perfectly clear within the last week or so is that imbeciles are running Sony. That much we do know. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Herman Cain???...

The Leaders that race bait, shakedown Corporations, and want something for nothing.

Those seem to be the Leaders Black Folks stand behind...I get it. It's a shakedown.

Here is the point I think you are missing just like Limbaugh who is a massive race baiter in his own right and do have certain influence among some White folks even important ones,in no way make him a leader to all white people ,matter of fact the vast majority of white people would be appalled at the suggestion that he represents them in anyway,leaders in the AA communities are elected, council members mayors governors congress senators etc,and all are not necessarily AAs,I think it works the same way in majority White communities as well,I know plenty of progressive Black folks who are annoyed at the suggestion that Sharpton represents them.
edit on 20-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Herman Cain???...

Didn't a bunch of white people get really mad the last time black folks picked their own leader?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Herman Cain???...

Here is the point I think you are missing just like Limbaugh who is a massive race baiter in his own right and do have certain influence among some White folks even important ones,in no way make him a leader to all white people ,matter of fact the vast majority of white people would be appalled at the suggestion that he represents them in anyway,leaders in the AA communities are elected, council members mayors governors congress senators etc,and all are not necessarily AAs,I think it works the dame way in majority White communities as well,I know plenty of progressive Black folks who are annoyed at the suggestion that Sharpton represents them.

Rush Limbaugh represents nobody....Nobody cares what he says.

Shapton is sitting in the White House. You do see the difference ?

Do I think all Black Folks follow Al Sharpton...No

You must realize White Folks don't follow Limbaugh.

Our Black President has set back Race in this Country by 25 years.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Your response is incredibly biased.

Rush Limbaugh represents nobody, but not all blacks follow Sharpton.

I think the election of a black president hasn't set anything back, it has simply pulled the scab off of a problem that never actually healed.
edit on 20-12-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

a reply to: AgentShillington

I said nothing racist...

Everything I said was the truth.

Then you called our Founders racist and said they believe in vampires.

Hence, I think you're drunk. Or, there is an English Teacher somewhere that needs a new job.

ADD: I think it would be best if you just didn't reply to me...Merry Christmas.

Everything you said was opinion based on a biased worldview that happens to include your elevated opinion that "Black Folks" aren't doing what you think they aught to do.

Yeah, our Founding Fathers, whom you said would get a rope (a lynching reference), were racists. This isn't anything new. They believed in vampires. Yup, I just add that when people start talking about the Founding Fathers because it delights me to know that people are looking back on and up to people that lives centuries ago to help them with their current problems and it makes me chuckle because they believed in vampires.

So, if that makes me drunk... whatever. I'd rather be drunk than a bigot, I guess.

No, he pointed out Al is someone who owes the IRS lots of money and receives special treatment compared to others who owe the IRS far far less money.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Herman Cain???...

Here is the point I think you are missing just like Limbaugh who is a massive race baiter in his own right and do have certain influence among some White folks even important ones,in no way make him a leader to all white people ,matter of fact the vast majority of white people would be appalled at the suggestion that he represents them in anyway,leaders in the AA communities are elected, council members mayors governors congress senators etc,and all are not necessarily AAs,I think it works the dame way in majority White communities as well,I know plenty of progressive Black folks who are annoyed at the suggestion that Sharpton represents them.

Shapton is sitting in the White House. You do see the difference ?

Do I think all Black Folks follow Al Sharpton...No
You must realize White Folks don't follow Limbaugh.

Exactly ! but he does have weight among Conservative Big wigs who kisses his ring, although some what diminished recently and who knows if a hardline conservative took up position in the White House in 2016 who knows how many visits he will be making,
Again even the most organized solidly run black organization the NOI have minor influence over black folks,when you see Sharpton in marches especially of late it is usually an on going protest he crashes like an uninvited party guest ,folks saw him on the news and go oh Sharpton is leading protest again,and not for nothing he and Jessie was told to get lost at a recent protest and booed off the stage.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Where do you get the 25 year number?

I mean he really has done much for or against anyone in particular, seems pretty even across the board.

Seems every one just gets mad when he comments on anything that involved a black person, but don't see how that is setting anyone further back.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

edit on 20-12-2014 by 3u40r15m because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join