It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sharpton to have a say over how Sony makes movies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
All Sony has to do is tell Al that they’re considering a sting movie about a civil rights leader who becomes an informant for the FBI and ask him does he know a black personality who might play that role.

We won't hear from AL again after that

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I would watch the hell out of that movie.

In North Korea.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

I said nothing racist...

Everything I said was the truth.

Then you called our Founders racist and said they believe in vampires.

Hence, I think you're drunk. Or, there is an English Teacher somewhere that needs a new job.

ADD: I think it would be best if you just didn't reply to me...Merry Christmas.

edit on 19-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: AgentShillington

I said nothing racist...

Everything I said was the truth.

Then you called our Founders racist and said they believe in vampires.

Hence, I think you're drunk. Or, there is an English Teacher somewhere that needs a new job.

ADD: I think it would be best if you just didn't reply to me...Merry Christmas.

Everything you said was opinion based on a biased worldview that happens to include your elevated opinion that "Black Folks" aren't doing what you think they aught to do.

Yeah, our Founding Fathers, whom you said would get a rope (a lynching reference), were racists. This isn't anything new. They believed in vampires. Yup, I just add that when people start talking about the Founding Fathers because it delights me to know that people are looking back on and up to people that lives centuries ago to help them with their current problems and it makes me chuckle because they believed in vampires.

So, if that makes me drunk... whatever. I'd rather be drunk than a bigot, I guess.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Quite the multitasker AL is, 3 years he will win an Oscar?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Race relations in this country would advance if Sharpton stops exploiting the black community for his own personal gain. His non profit is about a million in the red and he draws a 250k salary from it. That's on top of his other scams and his msnbc stint.

This guy has no business directing someone to the bathroom let alone involving himself in the movie industry.

edit on 20-12-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Sony may as well shutdown then .. theyd be better off letting lil kim run it from nk ...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Everyone needs to piss him off by telling him what we all want to say. That is to shut his race baiting ass up. Go crawl back under the rock you came from. We don't take anything you say serious. He is the anti Martin Luther King. He has set race relations back 50 years. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets lynched by his own color.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
who is al sharpton? like really? do black people even trust this guy? holy cow.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You could list all the bad things Sharpton has done, from Tawana Brawley to tax evasion and he would still scream "Racist!!" when you spit in his face. He sees the world through his own racist filter and the white man is to blame for everything. When a POS like him is an adviser to the President of The United States, you know things are seriously f###ed up.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

Al Sharpton is someone that white people like to trot in front of the cameras to make other white people angry at black people.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I hope this is the final nail in Sony's coffin. They're obviously spineless, their forced use of proprietary memory formats also irritates me.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Our Founders would get a rope...

Wow.

But, you're right, seeing as the founding fathers were a bunch of racist slave owners that believed in vampires.

Yet, you are free to leave this land built by Slave Owners.

Our President is Black. So, whatever the Founders would of done is moot.

You think this country was built by Slave Owners??? This country was built by SLAVES.

Make up your mind. You're the one that brought up what the founding slavers would have done in the first place, mate.

Honest to God Dude...Are you Drunk ?

I said an entire paragraph about Shapton and his Tax Evasion.

I added the line "Our Founders would of got a rope".

You are the one who got all butt-hurt and YOU injected our Founders were "Racist".

Then YOU said something lame about our Fore Fathers being "Vampires".

So, if you are going to respond to me....Get your Damn facts straight or ignore me.

I never injected race...I'm not the one looking to be offended by crap over 200 years ago.

Yep. "Get a rope" was the common response to capturing a horse thief back in the day. Sharpton is a thief and a huckster and in this context the comment was perfectly appropriate and not racist. "Get some tar and feathers" would also have been acceptable.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

Al Sharpton is someone that white people like to trot in front of the cameras to make other white people angry at black people.

Did you not see the above photograph where our President (who happens to be of African descent) trotted out Al for the camera?

Nobody trots Al out in front of a camera, he comes running to a camera as soon and as fast as he can.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

You aren't of the opinion that the President sets his own schedule, are you?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Maybe "back in the day" but not during the time of the Founding Fathers, in which it was used to take care of dissenters and unruly black slaves. And, even if "back in the day" the term would have been appropriate, the term today is seen as a reference to unlawful execution by lynching of blacks by whites.

So, you know, when people start saying things like "get a rope" about a black man, there might be some animosity.

Also, in the same vein, don't wear a swastika t-shirt to a Jewish wedding and then claim its the native American one.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

LOL. The President of the United States would not meet with someone he didn't want to, much less over 60 times.

Thirty-four of Sharpton’s visits were for White House events like high-profile nominations, bill signings, and soirées. Some, like the February 9, 2010, “Celebration of Music from the Civil Rights Movement,” seem well within Sharpton’s wheelhouse. But many more — including a March 18, 2010, signing ceremony for a “jobs bill” and a May 19, 2010, event honoring visiting Mexican president Felipe Calderón — leave one wondering where Sharpton’s expertise enters the picture. Others — such as the Obamas’ 2011 Super Bowl party, small-scale movie screenings in February 2011 and April 2013, and especially the president’s birthday party in August 2011 — speak to a close personal relationship between Sharpton and the first family.

www.whitehousedossier.com... ited-obama-white-house-61-times/

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Al Sharpton trots himself out in front of the cameras ... and at the same time Obama holds his hand and entertains him in the White House. No white people are required for that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

link   

Maybe "back in the day" but not during the time of the Founding Fathers, in which it was used to take care of dissenters and unruly black slaves. And, even if "back in the day" the term would have been appropriate, the term today is seen as a reference to unlawful execution by lynching of blacks by whites.

So, you know, when people start saying things like "get a rope" about a black man, there might be some animosity.

Also, in the same vein, don't wear a swastika t-shirt to a Jewish wedding and then claim its the native American one.

Bull#. Hanging for theft, rape, murder, and various other crimes was quite common at the time of the founding fathers.

In 1623 Daniel Frank was condemned to hang for theft in the Jamestown colony. It was the first hanging to take place in that part of the British North American colonies that eventually broke away as the United States. Frank is actually not the very first entry in Watt Espy’s encyclopedic 15,000-plus catalogue of “American” executions — he’s the second. In 1608, George Kendall had been shot for a mutinous plot, also in Jamestown, Virginia. We don’t have a firm date for that event. It seems that Kendall was suspected of spying for the Spanish against the interests of the British explorers and settlers. (www.executedtoday.com...) John Billington is thought to be one of the first men to be hanged in New England. Billington was convicted of murder in September of 1630 after he shot and killed John Newcomen.[6]

Execution of Ann Hibbins on Boston Common, June 19, 1656. Sketch by F.T. Merril, 1886
During the Salem witch trials, most of the men and women convicted of witchcraft were sentenced to public hanging. It is estimated that seventeen women and two men were hanged as a result of the trials. However, modern scholars maintain that thousands of individuals were hanged for witchcraft throughout the American colonies.[7]

Hangings during the colonial era of America were mostly performed publicly in order to deter the behavior for which the criminals were hanged. Thousands of townspeople would gather around the gallows to hear a sermon and observe the hangings of convicted criminals. Such experiences were deemed as good lessons on morality for the children and townspeople

Following the American Revolution and the subsequent ratification of the United States Constitution, the Bill of Rights was signed into law and became the first ten amendments to that constitution. The eighth amendment of the Bill of rights states that cruel and unusual punishment shall not be inflicted. During this time period, hanging was not considered to be cruel and unusual, yet almost two hundred years later, this amendment was key to the temporary suspension of capital punishment by the Supreme Court. Today, the eighth amendment is still an essential argument employed by those in favor of abolishing capital punishment.

During this time of political unrest, some prominent members of society believed that capital punishment such as hanging ought to be abolished. One such man, Benjamin Rush, published a pamphlet in 1797 speaking out against the death penalty. In the pamphlet Rush often raises religious arguments such as, “The punishment of murder by death is contrary to reason, and to the order and happiness of society, and contrary to divine revelation.” [8] Individuals like Benjamin Rush laid the foundation for death penalty abolition movements that are still carried on today.

Hangings were common during the early part of the nineteenth century. Just as in Colonial America, hangings were still conducted in public for all to witness. However, unlike the colonial era, men and women were no longer hanged for offenses like adultery. In fact, by 1794 Pennsylvania only hanged criminals convicted of murder in the first degree.[9] In New York, the number of capital crimes were brought down from nineteen to just two. By 1815, other states like Vermont, Virginia, Kentucky, Maryland, New Hampshire, and Ohio also drastically decreased their number of capital offenses, usually lowering the number down to just two or three.[10] Because of these changes in law, hangings began to decrease in some regions of the country. However, some states went in the opposite direction. Most of the southern states in addition to Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Connecticut actually raised their number of capital offenses.[10

Hanging as a symbol of lynching started with the Jim Crow era. It was not used as punishment for slaves in the colonial period as slaves were viewed as property and thus had value. One did not destroy valued property.

History is important to learn and understand.

link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

LOL. The President of the United States would not meet with someone he didn't want to, much less over 60 times.

Thirty-four of Sharpton’s visits were for White House events like high-profile nominations, bill signings, and soirées. Some, like the February 9, 2010, “Celebration of Music from the Civil Rights Movement,” seem well within Sharpton’s wheelhouse. But many more — including a March 18, 2010, signing ceremony for a “jobs bill” and a May 19, 2010, event honoring visiting Mexican president Felipe Calderón — leave one wondering where Sharpton’s expertise enters the picture. Others — such as the Obamas’ 2011 Super Bowl party, small-scale movie screenings in February 2011 and April 2013, and especially the president’s birthday party in August 2011 — speak to a close personal relationship between Sharpton and the first family.

www.whitehousedossier.com... ited-obama-white-house-61-times/

So you do think the president sets his own schedule.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join