It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Pennsylvania Democrats Indicted for Accepting Bribes to Vote Against Voter ID Law

page: 1

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:21 PM
This one is rich.

Apparently some Pennsylvania State politicians have turned themselves in to the prosecution.

They were involved in some naughty bribery related to some kind of voter i.d. law.

Pennsylvania Democrats Indicted for Accepting Bribes to Vote Against Voter ID Law

In a stunning development the word Democrats was used in the first sentence of the story. This is dated Tuesday and hasn’t made any national headlines, so that part makes sense.

State Reps. Ron Waters and Vanessa Lowery Brown, both Philadelphia Democrats, surrendered Tuesday in Harrisburg on bribery, conflict of interest and other charges after a Philadelphia grand jury investigation.

The charges pick up from a long-running state investigation that was spurned last year by Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane, but that Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams later took up.

Williams said both lawmakers have appeared before his grand jury and “fully admitted that they knowingly took illegal cash payments.”

Oh BOY !!!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:50 PM
a reply to: xuenchen

Waters, the current secretary of the House Democratic Caucus and a House member since 1999, was charged with accepting nine payments totalling $8,750 from a confidential informant posing as a Harrisburg lobbyist to "exercise that God-given right of leverage."

Brown, a member of the state House since 2009, was charged with taking $4,000 on five different occasions from the informant.

"Hopefully today's events will help clean up some of the mess that we've all been watching."
Two PA legislators charged by Philadelphia DA in legislative sting case

OPINION: That was done for ... Peanuts !!!

Examples of: ... NOT 'Peanuts'.

edit on 19-12-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:55 PM
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Proof that the corruption starts in low places.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:59 PM
Just another example of how bad we need to end the two party dictatorship.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:05 PM
They fully admitted to the grand jury that they accepted bribes, so I wonder what kind of deal they worked out with the prosecutor?
I think they are going to rat out other politicians who also took the bribes in exchange for immunity.
NO politician has enough honor and integrity to admit to wrong doing unless there`s something in it for them by doing so.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:11 PM
I live in PA.
I needed to get an ID card after I had moved and had no bills in my name. So I had to bring as much other ID with me AND the person I lived with according to the voter ID law...
they pulled up my record, and there was my picture from my previous license...I asked if they needed anything out off the bag of ID stuff, the guy said nah.

That law is a pain in the ass and a joke.
Bribes for politicians are like "donations" to "student athletes" at a happens, it will always happen, just dont get caught.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:08 PM
I think that everything these guys had their hands on now needs to be looked at and if found to be corrupted should be removed from the books

(post by sirhumperdink removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics