It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters at Lockheed Martin's Skunkworks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Here are some of the BAE videos linked to your references:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

LM doing some neat things too. Videos in the link:
www.lockheedmartin.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Still in 2 minds about whether there is a new materials led technological dawn on the horizon- ( by organisations that have military access to space) or whether the claims are just hyped to inflate share values.

Lots of questions about Lockheeds LENR in physics forums with the general consensus being one of hope but doubts around the maturation and timescales claimed.

Not related but I wondered if anyone with any materials interest/knowledge had spotted this story: Weapons Inventor Says U.S. Ripped Him Off

Did a search for Frank Trunk and found a patent relating to viscous elasticity and stress tensors but would be interested to know what kind of breakthroughs in " aircraft and ship stealth technology, submarine stealth technology and nuclear-weapon designs " were made in 1993 that could be described as "Nobel Prize winning".

( Realise these are the words of the claimants legal team BTW)

edit on 3-1-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

While I doubt the warnings to "watch his back", it wouldn't be the first time the military has classified something and later put it to use.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
a reply to: Xeven

Buy Lockheed stock now.

Price of Lockheed stock is already very high in price. Unfortuanatly you would have to be a millionare to buy enough shares to make a significant return on investment. Takes lots of money to make money..

When you have lots of money, it doesnt take but only a few brain cells to make a lot more money. Those with brain cells and little money to invest do not fare well unless they buy shares of an IPO that sky rockets.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jukiodone

Did a search for Frank Trunk and found a patent relating to viscous elasticity and stress tensors but would be interested to know what kind of breakthroughs in " aircraft and ship stealth technology, submarine stealth technology and nuclear-weapon designs " were made in 1993 that could be described as "Nobel Prize winning".

Theory would have to be pretty advanced to be Nobel Prize winning, but a commonality would be advanced calculational and analytical methods to design shapes for stealth (ray tracing & other interactions), basically fundamental wave scattering and fluid problems. (Nuclear weapon design is mostly about fluid mechanics and radiative transfer and exotic thermodynamics, not nuclear physics).

His published patent on viscoeleastic equations of motion (which I briefly looked at) is along similar lines and purports to give comprehensive solutions where published literature has more approximations and special case solutions. It isn't surprising that somebody which that kind of analytical physics capability would also work on related applications with similar structure. (Optical stealth & negative index of refraction?)

I don't quite see a Nobel Prize out of it, but who knows, if his methods lead to some profound understanding in an area which hasn't been solved well before that would be impressive. Theorists who get Nobels need to have experimental confirmation.

I don't understand why ONR would want to piss on this guy. If you have a mad genius, you do everything to keep him gruntled and making more genius. Maybe it would be amusing if AFRL hired him.

edit on 3-1-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

The "method of moments" is used for radar reflection analysis. It dates back to code developed at Lawrence Livermore Labs.
NEC

As far as I know, ray tracking is just the non-mathematical method of optical analysis (i.e. no matrices).

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Ray tracing, fluid surface tensions, stealth etc. and we are back into Virtual vapor/ Plasmonics country!

I must admit that when I read the paper in question I immediately thought about Mike Muuss (RIP) and Paint The Night.
Paint the Night overview

Bigfatfurrytexan (who first drew my attention to Muuss) said this back in 2008:

"Now, if you consider the ability to create 'clouds' of vapor (each with a defined surface tension), you can see how the PTN technology could possibly evolve. Further that with airborne nano's (which can 'congeal' due to EM properties). Voila!!! "

www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes&colorshift=yes

edit on 4-1-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join