It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Creature Washes Up on Santa Barbara Beach

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: eisegesis
Let me guess, it's another Montauk Monster because some guy reported it to a news agency who writes fluff pieces without any evidence?

"It certainly has been a mystery," Palminteri told The Huffington Post.

Your page literally links to the answer of what animal it was identified to be.

Curator of Vertebrate Zoology Paul Collins at the Santa Barbara Natural History Museum said the creature is an American Badger.

Agreed. However, the mystery of differing "weird" animals washing ashore in various places around the world is an intriguing one, don't you think? Even if this is just a Badger, how don't we know that this isn't some type of mutant Badger?

do badgers normally swim in the ocean?? if not what are they doing washing up on beaches everywhere?

Location, Habitat and Diet

American badgers live in the Northern and Western United States, but can be found as far north as southern Canada and as far south as Baja Mexico. They spend much of their time digging the complex underground burrows in which they live. Although it is commonly believed that they hibernate in the winter, this is not exactly true. Badgers do sleep more in the winter than in the warmer months, but they do not actually hibernate.

badgers

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

lolz, that is clearly not a seal, to anyone that has viewed a seal. It's got pads on paws, like the aforementioned creatures.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
not squirrel not hamster one small hidden in the chimney vaporarium , but and after in the village lost chickens and rabbits 0:40+ youtu.be... Perm Region , Ukraine youtu.be... killed chickens and rabbits allegedly even one man
edit on 21/12/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Damn, that sucks! Poor thing has the look of fear on
it's face.

RIP lil Badger guy.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: suz62
I think it's a dog.

Its a dog look at the teeth.

The teeth look exactly like badger's teeth. Similar to canine, bit while this creature's teeth are similar to a dog's, they're exactly like a badger's.

Oh, and those claws. Dogs would not be pets if they had claws like that. I certainly wouldn't allow 12 paws with those beasts attached to them in my house

edit on 12/21/2014 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: eisegesis
Let me guess, it's another Montauk Monster because some guy reported it to a news agency who writes fluff pieces without any evidence?

"It certainly has been a mystery," Palminteri told The Huffington Post.

Your page literally links to the answer of what animal it was identified to be.

Curator of Vertebrate Zoology Paul Collins at the Santa Barbara Natural History Museum said the creature is an American Badger.

Agreed. However, the mystery of differing "weird" animals washing ashore in various places around the world is an intriguing one, don't you think? Even if this is just a Badger, how don't we know that this isn't some type of mutant Badger?

do badgers normally swim in the ocean?? if not what are they doing washing up on beaches everywhere?

Location, Habitat and Diet

American badgers live in the Northern and Western United States, but can be found as far north as southern Canada and as far south as Baja Mexico. They spend much of their time digging the complex underground burrows in which they live. Although it is commonly believed that they hibernate in the winter, this is not exactly true. Badgers do sleep more in the winter than in the warmer months, but they do not actually hibernate.

badgers

The elusive Sea Badger, wiley terror of the deeps, nearly poached to extinction for their rare & valuable ivory testicles.
edit on 21-12-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
My 2 cents.... I would go with badger as well, though it does look strange.

Decomp will cause animals to look very distorted. Just losing all of the hair alone can cause an animal to look un recognizeable. I remember seeing a (buzznews i believe) article with pictures of animals with either mange, or that had been shaven... and some looked pretty out there. I remember one was of a bear, and so help me it looked like something that crawled straight out of a horrible nightmare. Add to that the bloating from the decomp and you get one really disturbing looking animal.

Though i suppose it is not impossible for it to be another "mystery monster"- without a necropsy i dont think there would be a way to say for sure, 100%

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

It took a moment to get your sense of humor,lol so I raise you one! I didn't think it exsisted!

The home of the Elusive Sea Badger. this site is dedicated to spreading knowlage about this elusive sea creature. We have spent many years studying Sea Badgers in the wild as well as collecting a selection of very rare first hand accounts and even some images of this most ellusive of animals.

sea badger
edit on 21-12-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Most on this site don't seem to see the clarity behind my humorous irony.

This has to be the most amazing picture I've ever seen:

edit on 21-12-2014 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

brilliant! don't despair there are many that will not believe they exist...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Why are people acting so shocked that a badger, or any other land lubbing mammal, would end up in the ocean? Could be something as mundane as a badger, ignorant of the tides, foraging a meal near the shore and gets sucked in. Or falls off slippery rocks pursuing a meal? All the absurd comments about marine badgers aren't really helping shed any light on the topic.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979
Why are people acting so shocked that a badger, or any other land lubbing mammal, would end up in the ocean? Could be something as mundane as a badger, ignorant of the tides, foraging a meal near the shore and gets sucked in. Or falls off slippery rocks pursuing a meal? All the absurd comments about marine badgers aren't really helping shed any light on the topic.

See what I mean, Twilite? No sense of humor or irony. I'll be sure to ask my friend who moved to Santa Barbara last year if she can shed some light on the current badger situation. All the coastal woodlands being chopped down must be forcing them to hunt fish in salt water.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Badgers are supremely opportunistic scavengers, and what I described exists within the realm of possibility. Again, you contribute nothing useful.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I'll second the theory of it getting washed out to sea in a flash flood. It seems the most likely explanation. Badger likely came from miles inland near the mountains, as that would be the kind of habitat it would prefer. Doing something like foraging or nesting near some streambed, and next thing some wall of mud, rocks, tree branches, etc. taking its unfortunate victim along for the ride.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: centhwevir1979

As a human being I feel it is my job, right, & privilege to contribute nothing useful.

Brian Jacques had Badgers living in mountains, & disliking large bodies of water.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Finally we agree on something! As humans, we really are contributing nothing useful to the Earth as a whole. I would argue that we take more than we contribute, but I suppose that is an entirely different discussion.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Some pretty freaky pictures though most look like dead skinned animals, that dog had its whole face gone as well, and whoever did it cleaned it pretty well to have just its skull bones showing. And some dont look like they would have been dead but not that long and the decomposition is not that bad for something that would be there for a long while, though a few could just be bloated by the water, if they died by the sea or ended up in the sea it would bloat to a few times there size and give off that look. But who knows without actually being there and seeing it.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Strange creature? Its a dead dog or badger. Decayed, swollen and chewed upon.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Santa Barbara appears to be the bloated, hairless carcass of an opossum. The other " Montauk Monsters" appear to be bloated, hairless raccoon carcasses in various stages of decomp.....

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I do appreciate your humor I see that some are actually getting angry even though no one has answered my question(except you,lol) as to why badgers are in the ocean? why would they even go near the ocean?
this is not a badger maybe some other animal but not this one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join