It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Media Blindspot: The Continuing Fukushima Cover-Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The Fukushima nuclear plant continues to covertly dump massive amounts of radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean. Now that scientists detected radiation off the west coast of America, we need to know - are we being radiated and to what level? And what can be done to stop it?

edit on 13-4-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
A bit disappointed in the research behind your vid Jesse.

www.vancouversun.com...

There already HAS BEEN radiation found on the West Coast...in British Columbia (just above Washington state for the geographically challenged). The researchers suggest that in about 30 years seafood will be unsafe to eat due to radiation levels. Given the 'first case' nature of this issue I'd suggest some seafood will be unsuitable for consumption much earlier than that timeline as it is very general and preliminary.

Further of the California coast Fukushima radiation has been found...

www.whoi.edu...

I bet the radiation levels in the Ocean around Japan are much much higher...as well as Hawaii and so on.

Could this be related to a massive increase in the 'allowed' radiation in drinking water not too many months ago?

www.globalresearch.ca... cket/5331224

Of course it's related!!! Some of this radiation has a 1/2 life of 30 years and more! It isn't going away anytime soon.

Come'on Jesse....tighten up your research and nail these slimeballs!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I haven't had a tuna sandwich since this incident.
What does that say about me and my thoughts on this?

And building reactors on fault lines near the coast, let alone an earthquake prone island.
I suppose they were hoping the nuke plant would just wash itself down into the fault making any problem disappear?
Must be what they were thinking when they built it?
Nah, it's the money.

TV sucks nowadays, but your show does not, thanks for that Jesse.
I mostly just watch YouTube, the TV is just background noise full of propaganda.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Fukushima's nuclear plant continues to covertly dump massive amounts of radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean. Now that scientists detected radiation off America's west coast, we need to know - are we being radiated and to what level? And what can be done to stop it?

Kinda late for the "Breaking News" Jesse. NOT news around here.

Slow Day?

Peace

edit on 19-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
My sister was diagnosed with a brain tumor yesterday. Now I understand it happens to people but I'll admit, the first thing that went through my mind was Fukushima. Was I looking for an answer and blamed Fukushima? Oh yeah. Are we being irradiated from that mess? You bet.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
let's not forget the 'continuing' problem of Chernobyl 28 years later in the UKRAINE as well. Things are not looking good for the 'new' sarcophagus.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.nytimes.com...

“I am very concerned how the current situation will affect this initiative,” Mr. Novak said.

Chernobyl, near Ukraine’s northern border, is far from the Crimea and other disputed territory. “Chernobyl and the exclusion zone remain calm, and our contractors continue their work,” Mr. Novak said, although Western experts were evacuated for a week in March.

The project has enough money to continue well into next year. But at some point in the next few months, there must be a “political decision” on additional financing, he said.

Even before the political upheaval, Mr. Novak said, there were concerns about having to ask donors to contribute more. “But the risk of leaving this whole program unfinished is a prospect which I don’t think anyone would want to contemplate,” he said.

All that said....

Fukushima is far worse - with NO CONTAINMENT whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You're a bit late to this party, Jesse...

And what can be done to stop it?

No known human technology can stop what has been happening for nearly four years.

The latest can be found here...
edit on 19-12-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: typos, hate this tiny phone keyboard

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Without trying to find the article if I remember correctly there have not been any live births of Pacific baby killer whales for the last two years..

There is much we are not being told and when something comes out the trolls are all over it..

An Engineer friend once told me that a Nuclear power plant when decommissioned should just have a big pyramid built over the spot for the clean up is prohibitively expensive and the place is never clean anyway..

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Why even bother replying to these threads?

It's like a "Hit & Run" See what sticks with no follow up.

Jesse, I once held you in the highest regard. Since you joined ATS I've seen the agenda.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Once 'they' realized there was no way of solving the current situation with Fukushima, what else was the media to do? Cause panic? This situation, due to the leak occurring within the ocean and damaging an ecosystem, is by fay, worse than Chernobyl, Three-Mile, or any Nuclear incident humanity has faced yet. Alas, the main problem is 'money', everything falls down to 'money. Could the situation have a solution, sure, but who is going to foot the bill? Is it not easier and not a usual tactic in using 'Out of sight, out of mind?'. It definitely is 'cheaper', is it not?
Unfortunately, the longer the radiation leaks into the ocean's ecosystem, the bigger the problem, or I should say, Catastrophe' will hit the world. Believe me, this will become a 'world-wide' problem, and one does not need 'sources' to back up this claim, common sense should suffice..
The big question to be asked, not the 'worry' of the media Black-out or the response that is not being taken to fix the situation, but, "What are you and I going to do about it?" We know the problem exists, we know something needs to be done, are we going to sit here and talk, placing blame, like we do on every other aspect of humanity's problems, or are we going to figure out a solution and do something?
I love coming to ATS and reading, but, that is the biggest problem, we read and we write, yet seldom do anything. Combined, ATS is filled with a vast group of knowledgeable people, and, many with resources, connections, and the ability to change the world. Why have we not joined together and done just that, changed the world?
Talk, talk, talk, but no actual action, feel free to let me know if I am wrong. I have no doubts that there will be plenty that will say it cannot be done......anything can be done....this site has proven it many times over...
Good day all, have a Merry Christmas and think towards the future....

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Honestly, his reality show about conspiracies was just that...a show. If people think he's some crusader and not another media figure they're wrong.

I mean come on guys, he was a wrestler then a politician. If he had any real damaging info he would've been found dead years ago.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Fukushima's nuclear plant continues to covertly dump massive amounts of radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean. Now that scientists detected radiation off America's west coast, we need to know - are we being radiated and to what level? And what can be done to stop it?

That's it?

There's a nuclear bomb fizzling on the shore of the Pacific and the great Jesse Ventura is just going to run through the town yelling "the sky is falling".

The secrets of Fukushima are magnitudes worse than a "big media blindspot".

Why don't you actually investigate the situation instead of using it to elevate your own status.

If you really give a # you'd do more than gallop through a forum with one ill informed sound byte.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

He's an entertainer.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Jesse not too popular with the ATS kids...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I have been hearing about Fukushima doom for over four years now.

I wish one of these experts regularly quoted would give us a date of when doom is going to happen. Then when that fails to happen we can finally put this puppy to rest.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Woot!

Jesse! I'm a huge fan. So many detractors here, tsk tsk. Makes me like it even more. Ho-hum.

Honestly, I see someone with more influence than most here, going out and doing. TBH, I'm just a keyboard activist ATM. Hope it changes...soon. We're so preoccupied with surviving, eh? That we don't try to change our world, eh?

Right.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Jesse's purpose here as i see it is to bring some additional recognition to this site and I appreciate his contributions. As far as Fukushima, it is a terrible situation and not much progress has been made. I was reading yesterday that they have three options of action they are considering and expect to choose one by 2018 and will start implementing it in 2020. In the meantime they have no means of removing all the types of radiation from the used cooling water so they are storing it in a myriad of tanks and they are running out ofcroom for more tanks. They are considering letting the radioactive water evaporate instead of dumping it in the ocean. Those are their two options for now, neither one very desirable.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

god that font is terrible

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I think it is good that people keep the subject at the forefront, however we don't have to feel totally helpless...you can help yourself.

The medicine is in the prevention, however. Dr. Brownstein (source) shares his knowledge on the subject: ”If there is enough inorganic, non-radioactive iodine in our bodies, the radioactive fallout has nowhere to bind in our bodies. It will pass through us, leaving our bodies unharmed. It is important to ensure we have adequate Iodine levels BEFORE this fallout hits”.

While the option to supplement is available (and doses recommended by your personal health practitioner), there are rich food sources of Iodine including (and not limited to): Seaweeds – all kinds, Cod fish, baked potatoes (with peel), Shrimp, Navy Beans, Tuna (fresh is best), and eggs. With the animal-derived sources, one should strive to obtain fresh-water, and non-canned if they so choose to include them. The body cannot store Iodine, so ensuring a regular intake of health protecting foods on a regular basis (such as ¼ cup of seaweed 2-3 times a week or food options 3 times a week is optimal, portions averaging palm-sized .

Read More: www.trueactivist.com...

However, there are two opinions as to whether low levels of radiation are harmful or not.

"The levels we are seeing are so low that we don't expect there to be impacts on the health of either the marine environment or people living along the coast," Cullen said.

www.techtimes.com...
edit on 16-4-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join