It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just had to buy a suit and I am not happy about it at all.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Fair warning

I predict a RANT thread in the near future

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
OMG this thread made me laugh! I bet you look amazing in that new suit. You could always save it to wear for a funeral or another wedding. Don't dispose of it after. Have a few drinks at the wedding and just enjoy the day.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

You know what?

I was invited to a wedding once as an adult, and the persons who were being wed asked me to show up in my usual civvies. So I did. Padded zip up black vest with bolts and rubber panels on the front, hair and beard on full display, black, flared skate trousers, spiked boots with big shiny metal wedges on the heel and toe points. I looked like I had wandered off the set of an album cover shoot for a black metal band.

I did very similar for my friends kids christening, although that function was held at a Roman *hawks, spits* Catholic Church, and although I had been instructed to turn up in the ceremonial garb of a Prophet of Steel by the mother of those who were being christened, members of the congregation on the day were very upset. I got a lot of stick from one particular gentleman who demanded to know who had invited me, while lambasting me for my Godlessness (which is hilarious considering that I am a staunch believer in Christ). You would have thought that he would have shut his mouth when I informed him that not only had I been invited by the mother of the children who were being christened, but had been instructed to attend in my capacity as a metalhead. However, he kept on at me, and another member of the christening party. We had been stood out the back of the Church after the ceremony, listening to a bit of metal.

I elected that rather than dragging the fellow back inside, and dumping him on his face in front of everyone he knew, that I would inform the mother of the children being christened that I would have to leave, since the ignorant native savages were getting restless. Myself and the other fellow I was hanging with, left hence to the boozer, wherein we quaffed many beverages! A good day all round!

<< 1   >>

join