It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro daughter: US 'dreaming' if they think Cuba will return to capitalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well the daughter of Cuban Marxist Dictator Raul Castro says no way they will return to Capitalism !!!

She insinuated that big financial groups are the problem !!

Maybe she's just talking in "opposites" similar to the way Obama does?

Castro daughter: US 'dreaming' if they think Cuba will return to capitalism

The daughter of Cuban President Raul Castro said on Thursday the United States "must be dreaming" if it thinks Cuba will return to capitalism after both countries agreed to normalise diplomatic relations

Speaking in Havana, Mariela Castro, said the island nation would not return "to being a servile country to hegemonic interests of the most powerful financial groups in the US".

US President Barack Obama said on Wednesday the US is re-establishing long-broken diplomatic relations with Cuba - a historic shift that could revitalise the flow of money and people across the narrow waters that separate the two nations.

Will Cuba "Give Up" Their Communism?

edit on Dec-19-2014 by xuenchen because: |
|

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well the daughter of Cuban Marxist Dictator Raul Castro says no way they will return to Capitalism !!!

Yes, well .... with walls tumbling down and a huge rush of Western goods entering Cuba - capitalism and 'I want this and I want that' will grab on and hold tight in the country. Nothing can stop it.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Good for them. Stick it to the man! Seriously though, I truly do not understand what all this ""warming" up to Cuba is about. I mean, sure it's nice that they want to all get along, but I don't buy it as the main driving force in thawing relations between the two countries. I have a feeling Mariela is on to something. Should be interesting how this all pans out.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Not sure what the problem is here...

Isn't sticking it to American Corporate interests something that a LOT of people on ATS are always talking about?

You can be a consumer culture and still not be a capitalist society.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

true.. cuba could very well keep profits from it's sugar industry IN CUBA, and not in some swiss-bank-account, meaning the lives of ordinary cubans is actually benefited from trade-deals.

though I imagine you'd see corn-farmers, and american-sugar lobbyists urging along with cuban-exile community (some of whom are not at all welcomed back (plantation-owners and those who worked with the pre-Castro dictator Batista ).)that the whole embargo continue.. or worse you'd see the embargo lifted, and then a series of terrorist-attacks occur in Cuba, likely paid for by exiles and/or elements of the US government.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: AgentShillington

true.. cuba could very well keep profits from it's sugar industry IN CUBA, and not in some swiss-bank-account, meaning the lives of ordinary cubans is actually benefited from trade-deals.

Yup, could happen. That's what Marx would like to see happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Good on Cuba.

Privitization sucks. It's ALOT better when the community has say in what can and cannot happen without political figures being bribed as well as hording of cash for profit incentives instead of distributing the Wealth.

Cuba does make some money but i wouldn't exactly describe the nation as *Rich*. Lots of Drug dealers live there and Much of the money imported goes towards organized crime, Some of which may be even funded by the Cuban dictatress.

But i'm sure the majority of activity goes via criminal organizations influencing Cubans. What with the Cocain and all.

Columbia is still the major supplier, But Cuba is always a major distributor of Cocain. So even if they wanted capitalism there, There would be the threat of drugs and other exports finding yet another way into the U.S for a bigger market.

Also i could imagine many buisness venture being extorted by some of the Sinister forces working there.
Cuba is a beautiful place but theres a good percentage of citizens there that are not the type of people you would want finding their way back to the U.S or even having any sort of buisness made easier through the US.

I think America might just want to drop this one, Because it could cause problems for some of the criminal organizations within the US itself and could trigger a war among gangs fighting over columbia coke deals. Just one more nail in the coffin.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I agree with you more often than not, "BUT" if you are against opening relations with Cuba,I can't support you.

This is a first for me, but I agree with President Obama. It may not help to a great degree the Cuban people, but it would create jobs and revenue for the U.S.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well I can see this didn't pan out as planned.

The fact is that in the digital age facts can be looked up easily and propaganda is blown out of the water.
edit on 20-12-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: terriblyvexed

Never claimed to be for or against.

I think there's going to be issues.

It's going to be fun watching how this actually goes down.

The main issue imo is whether or not Cuba "allows" U.S. companies/investors into their business spectrum.

I think it might just be a trade deal only.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
"Raúl" confirms ....

Castro Thanks U.S. but Affirms Cuba’s Communist Rule

Hmmm.

HAVANA — President Raúl Castro declared victory for the Cuban Revolution on Saturday in a wide-ranging speech, thanking President Obama for “a new chapter” while also reaffirming that restored relations with the United States did not mean the end of Communist rule in Cuba.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And? What's the point?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So are we going to have a dialog or is this just a thread for further propaganda?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
So are we going to have a dialog or is this just a thread for further propaganda?

ETA: Ie: ignoring any content that doesn't support the OP hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I guess they mean business...

Cuba Arrests Free Speech Activists; Obama State Department “Concerned”

The State Department is "concerned" ???

Hmmm.

Let's hope they aren't taking notes !!!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The only reason US could/would want Cuba to 'give up their communism' is because that most likely equals little more than 'giving up their money' to US.

(post by sirhumperdink removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Will Cuba "Give Up" Their Communism?

Well, if there's one incontrovertible truth is that autocracies, dictatorships and their ilk are declining. Cuba will become increasingly democratic and with those freedoms capitalism will be born.

Regards

top topics

join