It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS calender 2015 .... Would you buy and/or participate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Hi Guys

It's been a while since I authored a thread, let alone one I'm so passionate about, so here's the pitch.

Whilst I was on the Help ATS with a contribution thread the idea of an ATS calender came up.

I give all credit for the idea to MissBecks (My thanks again) I offered her this thread and she declined.

We on ATS are gifted with some seriously good looking members, both female and male (I know I frequent This thread ), we have intelligent members, fun members, members that become like family and we ooze scepticism.

I'd ask you to put that scepticism aside for a short while.

So to the crux.

How many of you would be willing to part with money to buy an ATS calender ? The initial thoughts were one of guys for the girls, and our gay males, and one of girls for the guys and the gay females. (I apologise if that sounds patronising).

And how many of you would be up for the laugh of participating ?

Then the wife (bloody typical) pitched in with an idea for a calender based on avatars.

What I would propose if there is enough interest is this. We have a competition where we all send in a (T&C friendly) photo and vote for the poster boys and girls of ATS (Non T&C friendly girls directly to me by u2u and boys to MissBecks LOL).

Secondly, we could have a competition amongst the members for an avatar style calender, all based around ATS, (thanks babes :ham

Thirdly on the calender would be the usual holidays, for all the religions, and major events that happened, Roswell, Boston bombings, meteor exploding over Russia and my birthday

It's an idea in a foetal stage and I appreciate it's too late to be thinking about 2015, we might just get it a couple of months in, but it's a great idea for 2016 IMHO.

So ATS I ask you

Would you

A: Buy......................B:participate........................C:be willing to help out ?

I have no idea of costs, or logistics yet it's, just an idea thrown out to the crowd to test the popularity.

My thanks for your time

Cody

ETA: Obviously a mod would have to host the competition for reasons of vetting, so if there's a mod willing to do so please let us know.
edit on 19/12/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There are plenty of artists around here. I don't mind chipping in an image.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I like the idea of an avatar/ image calender. For that I might be inclined to fork over some Canuck monopoly money.
Do the site owners have any approval on this idea yet Cody?
Not a bad incentive to reach their goal.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I try not to waste resources, so I have a calender on my phone/computer and I try not to objectify my fellow humans for monetary gain, no matter the cause - so I highly likely would not buy this.

If ATS is having trouble raising operational funds, it should be made much more obvious and shouldn't come down to tacky calendars.

Sorry to crap on the idea, but this is my honest two cents.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I like the idea of an avatar/ image calender. For that I might be inclined to fork over some Canuck monopoly money.
Do the site owners have any approval on this idea yet Cody?
Not a bad incentive to reach their goal.

Not as yet AD

It's just market research to see if the idea flies or dies, I won't bother the owners unless I feel it's worth a punt, get ready for that comp

Cody

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I do not feel that I have been here long enough enough to warrent offering my semi naked body as an option but would offer my services otherways.

I am UK based and have contacts in the printing industry.

If there was enough interest I would be more than happy to arrange European production and distribution if it helped.

Would it need to be ofset given that the new year is so close though?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

It's a good idea. I would definetly buy one. A few suggestions:

I have seen calendars that start in June and run through to June of the next year, so it's not too late in the year to start the ball rolling. Considering the nature of this site, you might even want to start the calendar on the date of the Roswell incident and end on the day before.

Also keep in mind that this is a worldwide forum, so major events from all over the world should be on there. American holidays can be exluded. We Americans already know when they are.

You could also try to get members to submit photos of themselves for the purpose of someone else making animated versions of the pics, and scattering those across the calendar somehow.

But yeah, I would most certainly buy1 or 2, and I can contribute what I can to help with costs.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'd buy a 2016 calendar but I would like it to be more ats style and not tacky "guy/girl". Maybe each month could have a special event such as Roswell, etc. Drawn out maybe with a little blurb or some fun facts type thing.

Note* even if it is a tacky guy/girl thing, I'd probably still buy it lol
edit on 12/19/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: to add note

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just saw they added the pay pal..
Which I will be pitching in.
Calendars not a bad idea.
The only thing about Avatars though is.
Some members, mods and owners tend to change them often.
And not sure the cost of making and distribution will even out in the end.
With pay pal.. it's straight forward.
I've had past issues with pay pal.. so I will not be giving my card number.
I will however be getting a Visa Gift card and pay with that.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
I try not to waste resources, so I have a calender on my phone/computer and I try not to objectify my fellow humans for monetary gain, no matter the cause - so I highly likely would not buy this.

If ATS is having trouble raising operational funds, it should be made much more obvious and shouldn't come down to tacky calendars.

Sorry to crap on the idea, but this is my honest two cents.

I have all my appointments and my important dates on my phone as well, I also have a calender next to my bench, I don't have to swipe the screen, find the app, open said app, scroll through etc.

I just look and go "Oh crap...............Niece's birthday

Cody

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I like the idea that you could have important conspiracy based notes on the dates, jfk moon landings roswell ect

That way it would be universal worldwide and add to the Ats theme

a reply to: Taupin Desciple

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
For a calender in my studio....

Tacky with a little mild ATS style S&M would get my money right quick;
Perhaps a little mild 404 or post banning.

And I do own the rights to the "Queen of Pain" candid photos....Know what I mean, ay?
edit on 19-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Member profiles (submit in whatever format is chosen)

Member artwork, writing, exceptional posts and threads.

But the best idea is to have each forum up to 12 featured with top contributions for an online calendar.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I do not feel that I have been here long enough enough to warrent offering my semi naked body as an option but would offer my services otherways.

I am UK based and have contacts in the printing industry.

If there was enough interest I would be more than happy to arrange European production and distribution if it helped.

Would it need to be ofset given that the new year is so close though?

My thanks

I remember playing with your avatar

This is just an idea, a very good idea IMHO, like I said still very foetal.

If you'll forgive me ? Family time

Cody

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Thanks. Giving it worldwide appeal will attract more buyers. Those who know of ATS as well as those who may not.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Cool pitch... I'd get naked for a calendar.

I might even buy a calendar with a naked picture of me in it.

I'm in.

But really though; I'm pretty much in. Where do I send my candidacy photo?

*unzip*

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Some of us have avatars which come from TV characters, or from non-open source. We'd have to make sure no copyright gets infringed.

But yeah, I love the general idea.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Member artwork, writing, exceptional posts and threads.

Ooh, it would be so cool if my Diamond Phoenix Theory thread could get unto a calender. Or my Time's Paradox Waves.

Some pics from these threads:

edit on 19-12-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Now you've got me thinking too...

I think that some excerpts from the eventual calendar-pieces alongside a submitted collage or something would be pretty cool...

Some text that encompasses who I am, with half a dozen pictures that display who I am. I just posted some pics of... ( >_> ) maybe me... and it got me thinking - I'm not sure one picture would sum up who I am the way I would want it to... Unless I strap on my 75 lb pack and tac-vest in my Armani suit...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

That's a badass idea. I'd buy that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join