It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, joining the forum to ask just one question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I heard in a ufo documentary or it might have been a ufo lecture, (I can't remember) that in 1978 there was a newspaper or magazine (can't remember) article that claimed something to the effect of "next week the president is due to make some unsettling disclosures regarding the UFO phenomenon" but apparently there were never any comments made.

I wonder if the government was contemplating UFO disclosure at that time but then changed their mind.

Anyway if anyone has seen this documentary or ufo lecture where this was mentioned I would appreciate it if you could tell me the name of it because I can't remember, Thanks!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: joe547

joe547, welcome to ATS, 1 wishes you luck in finding the information of which you seek, good luck and very interesting topic to look forward...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Don't have the answer but I do have a Welcome for you

Here it is

'Welcome'

Take it for walks, don't feed it after midnight and never, ever get it wet...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Welcome you may as well stay since you have come :-)

I think all of what you are interested in is in this article

www.presidentialufo.com...

Spielberg has been inseparable from the political dimension of the UFO phenomenon since the early days of his career. In 1977, he spoke with relish of “rumours” that President Carter was due to make “some unsettling disclosures” about UFOs later that year.[iv] Needless to say, no such disclosures were forthcoming, although not for lack of effort on Carter’s part. Jimmy Carter famously had reported his own UFO sighting in 1969 and it had made a believer of him[v] – so much so that one of his informal campaign pledges had been to reveal the truth about UFO's

www.presidentialufo.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Welcome to the tip of the iceberg, you might want to check out this ongoing discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The search engine here is pretty extensive and pretty much anything you can think about has already been pulled down from the nus and discussed.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
An alien disguised as Willie Nelson got pictures of Jimmie Carter smoking a joint on top of the White House with him.
The invaders used this photo to blackmail the president into not disclosing any information.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'm trying to find the original article so I can frame it.
edit on 19-12-2014 by joe547 because: needed to edit my post

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Spielberg has been inseparable from the political dimension of the UFO phenomenon since the early days of his career.

In 1977, he spoke with relish of “rumours” that President Carter was due to make “some unsettling disclosures” about UFOs later that year. Needless to say, no such disclosures were forthcoming, although not for lack of effort on Carter’s part.

Jimmy Carter famously had reported his own UFO sighting in 1969 and it had made a believer of him5 – so much so that one of his informal campaign pledges had been to reveal the truth about UFOs.

www.sightings.com...

edit on 19-12-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sigh...this is an INTRODUCTION ONLY forum....but since youre not staying....

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: joe547
I'm trying to find the original article so I can frame it.

You want a newspaper clip? That kind of thing? I'd try Ebay.
Just a thought.

Anyways ... welcome to ATS. Enjoy your stay.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm thinking now maybe it was a voice over in a documentary that stated something similar like : "Spielberg has been inseparable from the political dimension of the UFO phenomenon since the early days of his career.
In 1977, he spoke with relish of “rumours” that President Carter was due to make “some unsettling disclosures” about UFOs later that year. Needless to say, no such disclosures were forthcoming, although not for lack of effort on Carter’s part. "

and my silly brain remembered the documentary saying it was a quote from a newspaper.

edit on 19-12-2014 by joe547 because: needed to edit

edit on 19-12-2014 by joe547 because: needed to edit

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Welcome aboard the Mothership ATS!

As a member of the ATS community allow me to direct you to this excellent resource for new members.

A mod may be by later with a more thorough introduction, in the meantime, enjoy the site and remember,

Take this as well:

May it serve you well in your many adventures to come!

Kallisti

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I feel used. We consider ourselves to be delightful company, witty, charming, some of us are smart, not gonna out them. You just want to use us for our ability to recall information, I'm hurt.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Hahaha

You know why Willie has that hole in his guitar, right?

He's the only guy, ever, to block a Chuck Norris Round House kick.

He wears that bandanna to cover his 3rd eye, his literal 3rd eye, and those aren't braids, they are antenna, that allow communication to the mothership...

I used to talk about doing Willienelsonfacts.com like chucknorrisfacts.com, just never did it...
you inspired a flood of memories ape.. thanks!

Oh yeah... welcome!... glad to have ya! stick around... you'll learn a ton.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
disclosure about alien involvement in our affairs has been around for a while, at least a decade or more

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
a reply to: skunkape23

I used to talk about doing Willienelsonfacts.com like chucknorrisfacts.com, just never did it...
you inspired a flood of memories ape.. thanks!

I think there is no greater service to humanity than to provide this. It must be done.

OP: Welcome to ATS

top topics

join