It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama stands up for free speech, severely criticizes SONY for pulling "The Interview"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I don't usually agree with Obama but he's spot on. You don't let some third world fat dictator dictate anything.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Something is very wrong about this whole issue about NK hacking Sony.

I can't put my finger on it but it doesn't jive at all. There is some serious NLBS happening here. There are too many weak details being claimed as solid by Officials for one thing. Too much successful Hacking going on perfectly without notice and too much data being sucked up by a Nation that has one ISP and one single pipe into the net.

Basically, the players that are in the media about this are just too vocal and doing stuff out of character. The only one's in character so far is the US Administration actually who, like always, claim to already know everything, point to an already convenient enemy and call everything an "act of war." Such BS.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What a charming film to be released on Christmas Day!

Team America wasn't realistic as used puppets this film has LIl KIm blowing up in slow motion at the end

From the trailer it looks like comedy values have dropped drastically

Free speech is all fine and dandy till you either lie,threaten,incite violence or are using propaganda to fool the ignorant

America used to lead the way with fantastic music,films and great comedians-what the hell happened?

Btw this is directed to the Americans here,do you go to the cinema on Christmas Day?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Btw this is directed to the Americans here,do you go to the cinema on Christmas Day?

Theaters, But, I watch all the higher quality, Japanese/'Merikan low brow movies later either online or on Disc BTW.

edit on 20-12-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I agree, and seeing the massive reaction and reporting, to the detriment of everything else it seems, looks ever more comical by the day. But hey, if Obummer says it's so then who are we to argue?

I read a piece this morning with a link to FOX News where they are already widening the speculation as to the perps, to include Iran, China and Russia. Never let a good media circus go to waste I guess.

From the get go, the finger pointing at North Korea was pretty much a stretch at the very least and circumstantial at the most, yet everyone seems to be jumping on the band wagon.
As for the terrorist threats. It's even more comical seeing everyone puffing out their chests and talking tough about standing up to dictators, which I guess is the desired reaction to the engineered propaganda and media hysteria.

Meanwhile, back at the torture black sites...............

edit on 538Sat, 20 Dec 2014 05:54:57 -06005431500000014 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Maybe I'm American, or South American, or just plain Andorrian, but the last time I went to a movie on Christmas Day it was 'Michael'. Good film too. I wasn't particularly interested in seeing this film, but now guess I'll have to at some point just for the historical value. Funny how SONY is coming out now and finger pointing ("I didn't eat the cookies, mom, Jason did!"), guess no corporation selling in America wants to be called anti-American, although not in so many words (it's only one word, but, yeah).

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

You avoided every one of my questions, and turned this into a pissing contest.

Her specialty, so you know.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I was looking for this one.

“We" cannot have a society where some dictator…

"WE" can't have…

"WE" don't run North Korean "society", Mr President. Neither are you in charge of the "We"rld. It isn't"Wours" to meddle with.

After he made that statement, it became clear what this blame game is about. Sony is hacked "by someone", they struggle to produce a politicized movie (which no theatre can stoop to buy because its a flop), so lets salvage as much dogma about it we can in lieu of its release.

Bad Korea… bad, bad, evil Korea. if "WE" can't kill you "for fun" in the movies, "We"'ll get you for real. Why not, "We" already own half your country, anyway. Things are progressing slower than planned for the "We"mpire, but you're still on the list, be patient. First "We" have to somehow clean up our mess in Iraq and Syria and "Societ-ize" Ukraine and Iran.

"We"ll get back to you.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Looks like there are others who also think or have a gut feeling that this whole thing smells as fishy as a dock workers socks.

What is up with the Self Censorship of these giant corporations also??? Since when have any of them done something like this. Actively pulling their products without even being threatened or asked to do so???

WTF is really going on??
edit on 20-12-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

If it is released and something happens, who's liable?

The idiot that decides to attack innocent people because someone made a mean movie about them.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Barack Obama stands up for free speech,

When ?

Sure the hell didn't stand up to the IRS targeting his critics.

Sure didn't stand up for James Rosen, and other jouranist's.

Meh

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I think Obama hacked Sony just so he could blame the GOP!!!!!

Bwhahahaaaaa!

''Guardians of Peace' !!!

GOP.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: scattergun

Education
Employment
Heath Care
Tax relief
Civil Rights

Being fondled at Airports......

Speak for yourself, they took away free meals on planes, so I need something to look forward to now.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Bwhahahaaaaa!

GOP.

One of the most apparent possibilities for sure !!

The Obama Summit knows no boundaries.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Free speech.... funny man.

Now he's compromising world peace just over a stupid, brainturd movie being cancelled. Wow...

Millions, billions of lives in the hands of Sony Picture and stupid movie.
edit on 21/12/14 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Bwhahahaaaaa!

GOP.

Yeah I thought about that one too...

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I wish they hadn't pulled it either but I understand that there is now a liability issue. If anything at all happened during a screening, Sony can hardly claim they didn't know about it, so bam, they would be considered 100% responsible thanks to our litigious society.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Can they blame Assange on this one too?

"hacktivists" , you mean deliberate leaks, or genuine ones?
Can they blame the pirate-bay-guy who just got released from jail ? too?

Nope its surely North Korea!

Seriously the movie is of bad taste, and so is this controversy...

Hollywood blunder!
edit on 21/12/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

SONY might have to backtrack and release it now.

After the declaration from NK that they (allegedly) had nothing to do with this, I completely agree. Why pull a movie for the first time in history just because a group of isolated hackers with poor grammar and no authentic political affiliation claimed to dislike it? Who cares?

SONY needs to set a precedent here. Don't pull a multi-million dollar movie just because some jackasses claimed they were offended. If we start doing that, nothing good will EVER get released again!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join