It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama stands up for free speech, severely criticizes SONY for pulling "The Interview"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wow. He actually had some b**ls today.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
the same people ripping on obama for condemning sony are the same people who would rip on him had he not.

on another note i feel for sony because if they would have released the movie they would have lost so much more money because honestly how many people would have gone to see it knowing there were terrorist threats possible at the theaters. sony has the right to protect their money as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

Obama doesn't control how I think. I look at facts and make my own opinion.

And the fact is he did something right here. So he gets my customary golf clap and I go about my day. My overall opinion of him hasn't changed.

EDIT: And your child-killer question is irrelevant to the discussion and was a baiting question so I won't answer it.

He got more than a golf clap from you...

LOL

A LOT MORE!

You are straight up defending him.

A golf clap does not take several posts.

Way to downplay your role in this thread...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Would you enlighten me as to where I said that?

I said OBAMA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE US CONSTITUTION!

I said OBAMA UNDERMINES THE US CONSTITUTION!!!

BUT, to answer your question...

Renewing the patriot act...

Indefinite detention act...

Those TOOK basic freedoms AWAY from us.

You seem to be loving every minute of losing freedom, so why even question me?

All you need to do is celebrate...

But President Obama and the policies and decisions he's made, really haven't taken that many freedoms away from us...no more than bush, and here's the big problem with a lot of modern conservatives....The republicans in congress of taken away MORE of our freedoms than Obama...where's your outrage at them...why only focus on the one guy and not all the other ones...why only the guy on the left and not look at all the guys on the right, that support torture and the patriot act and bailing out corporations and taking away net nuetrality and on and on and on...where's your outrage at those guys???

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Fox News:

Emperor Barrack Hussein Obama demands sony to show the interview. A dictator gone rogue.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I usually disagree with most everything that Obama says, but I think his ideas on this matter are spot on - and I applaud him for stating something which should have been obvious to the people at Sony.

Well said Mr. President - More talk like that and I might just become a supporter.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Would you enlighten me as to where I said that?

I said OBAMA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE US CONSTITUTION!

I said OBAMA UNDERMINES THE US CONSTITUTION!!!

BUT, to answer your question...

Renewing the patriot act...

Indefinite detention act...

Weren't those setup by Bush though? So Obama didn't particularly take AWAY your rights there. He just renewed the legislation that was already on the books that did. But second question, have you or anyone you know been negatively effected by these laws? Illegally detained and had your rights stripped? (I'm not agreeing with these laws here, just trying to point out your hyperbole).

Those TOOK basic freedoms AWAY from us.

You seem to be loving every minute of losing freedom, so why even question me?

Do I? I don't remember ever talking to you before, so how do you know so much about me that you can make that judgment about me?

All you need to do is celebrate...

Celebrate? Who is celebrating? I just asked you a question then you jumped down my throat with the hyperbole train going full steam.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I rip Obama all the time for the stuff he pulls.
Sooo I will commend him for saying the right thing this time.
Good Job B.O.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace
Kinda. Again, the reality is there would be costs and reparations and we know full damn well the terrorists wouldn't be paying them. We would be. Or Sony or the theaters would (sans insurance if they dont have that rider...whatever), particularly if they were forewarned and chose ti accept. Wonder what tgeir attornets are advising.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
the same people ripping on obama for condemning sony are the same people who would rip on him had he not.

This is SOOO true.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I have FAR MORE RAGE when it comes to Bush!

I am NOT a republican.

I am NOT a democrat.

I do this ancient thing (not practiced these days very often) called THINKING FOR MYSELF!

Anyone who claims to be Democrat or Republican is guilty of watching TOO MUCH TV (and too much internet). Propaganda does work...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yeah tell him. I too ignore the complicated political spectrum existing in the United States and like to boil it down to black-and-white so I can easily understand everybody's position without actually having any knowledge about them or their political views.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Actually, you put words in my mouth...

That is a lot different then "asking a simple question"...

Are you going to deny that?

(yep)

And your comment that it is "soooo true" that I (as I am a person in this thread critiquing Obama) would be attacking Obama no matter what...

....RIDICULOUS....

Low quality level of debating.

No one can ever say anything bad about Obama.

Even if Bush started something...OBAMA CONTINUED IT!!!

He blames Bush for everything, and yet HE IS FOLLOWING THE SAME EXACT PATH!!!

They are ALL guilty of treason...

Bush, Obama, Clinton..

They ALL deserve to be locked in PRISON FOR TREASON!

ALL OF THEM.

Now that you know, I'm not a republican (or WHITE!), what is argument now?

I'm waiting...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Exactly, American politics works on a Black and White system...

Good and evil...

Right and wrong...

This way of thinking leaves very little room for reasonable thought.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The last comment on the youtube vid indicates that Obama wants to set up new international rules for the internet, "how cyber operates", hopefully just to stop some of the major state-sponsored hacks. I'd look to Al Franken, who's very good on the internet issues, for his comments on if any proposed "new rules" harm or benefit the internet as a freedom institution.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I don't have any use for Dems or GOP, but Franken is the real deal when it comes to Internet Freedom.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

All true. But...surely you can agree this is the biggest skirmish in a new type of asymmetrical warfare - and we lost.

Thanks Sony!

edit on 12/19/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Even after this statement, doesn't it still depend on what the lawyers make of it all. If it is released and something happens, who's liable?

Having worked for many years in liability insurance, I can confidently tell you that acts of terrorism/war are specifically excluded from any and all liability. The liable party would be those that harm others (i.e., terrorists).

And let's not forget - any Nuclear incidents - deliberate or accidental.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Obama doesn't control how I think. I look at facts and make my own opinion.

And the fact is he did something right here. So he gets my customary golf clap and I go about my day. My overall opinion of him hasn't changed.

EDIT: And your child-killer question is irrelevant to the discussion and was a baiting question so I won't answer it.

He got more than a golf clap from you...

LOL

A LOT MORE!

You are straight up defending him.

A golf clap does not take several posts.

Way to downplay your role in this thread...

My "role" in this thread is apparently to keep responding to folks like you who attack me for giving out a tiny "go team" when Obama does the right thing.

And I have been going about my day. I just got off work so I'm home now, so you'll excuse me if I reply to this thread while watching the morning news. It's not like I'm dedicating much of my time to type a few sentences.

But do go on about how I'm part of your perceived "problem".

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Nice work. I haven't answered the critics because, well, how can someone criticize this? Obama did the right thing. Great avatar by the way, very festive.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join