It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist Quackery, Part 150, 001 : Creationists Say Aliens Don't Exist, So Let's Stop Looking!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
They also seem to produce shaky theory's as well . a reply to: Phantom423

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Humans and Dinosaurs did not live together unless it was in a genetically engineered "Jurassic Park" type scenario. If they actually did, we'd find mixed fossil layers that come up with the same date, but this has never happened. The human footprints that you refer to were hoaxes and misinterpretations. Artistic drawings of dinosaur like creatures does not prove dinosaurs lived with man anymore than walking dead comics prove that there was once a zombie apocalypse. I don't get why folks think man was super primitive back then and had no knowledge of anything. Chances are humans back then found dinosaur fossils as well. It's probably where all the stories of dragons emerge, they just weren't called dinosaurs. Ancient man worked a lot with stone, so it makes sense they'd find fossils during their stone harvesting.

en.wikipedia.org...

However, these anachronistic "human" footprints have been determined to be mistaken interpretation or hoaxes.[2][3]

Some of the tracks were fake, carved by locals to sell during the Great Depression.[3] These footprints do not represent the way human footprints would look in mud; they also do not accurately reflect the changes in the way giant humans would walk as a result of their size.[6] Other footprints were genuine tracks, but showed features inconsistent with human footprints.[who?] Supporters of the human footprint theory claimed that the tracks showed authentic mud “push-ups” and that the time period for the human and dinosaur trackways had to be the same as the trails intersected. In 1986, Glen Kuban conducted research on the trackways. He found that most tracks formed a wide “V” at the end and showed grooves in places that were not consistent with those in a human footprint. Kuban determined that the tracks were made by bipedal dinosaurs with three toes. These particular tracks showed the dinosaur walking on the soles of its feet rather than on its toes, as is usually found in tracks.[7] Evidence based in human anatomy also refutes the claim that the footprints are of human origin. The foot length measurements were used to calculate approximate heights of the humans; the pace and stride lengths do not match these calculated heights, making it highly unlikely that the tracks are human in origin. The measurements do fit the known values for bipedal dinosaurs.[6]

edit on 8-1-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Prezbo369

100% a wacky christian's belief

Once more, neither of them are Christians.

Maybe not, but you are, and as far as you've shown or I can find, you're the only person with these wacky beliefs, making them a wacky christian's beliefs......still no source for your claims?.....

5th time of asking
edit on 8-1-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Maybe not, but you are

Well you would have an argument if I invented the Inter-Dimensional Hypothesis! lol

I'll try and find the page, but it's in "The Edge of Reality: A Progress Report on Unidentified Flying Objects". I have to locate the book here somewhere. And in more broad terms, it's called the "Inter-dimensional Hypothesis", that is the conclusion that the UFO phenomena is not extra-terrestrial, but inter-dimensional.

edit on 8-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am a Christian that believes in aliens, has had experiences with them, and I believe in a creator
edit on 103131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

And again neither man really accomplished much in the pseudo academic field of 'UFOlogy' or made any viable discoveries.

You got zero clue what you're talking about. Here I can prove it:

Google "Father of UFOlogy" (in quotes) and you tell me who's name comes up. Go for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I'll try and find the page, but it's in "The Edge of Reality: A Progress Report on Unidentified Flying Objects". I have to locate the book here somewhere. And in more broad terms, it's called the "Inter-dimensional Hypothesis", that is the conclusion that the UFO phenomena is not extra-terrestrial, but inter-dimensional.

The specific belief that UFOs are demonic/demons due specifically to the claimed regular ('always') invocation of Jesus immediately after abductions.

The "Inter-dimensional Hypothesis" stuff is irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Google "Father of UFOlogy" (in quotes) and you tell me who's name comes up. Go for it.

Father of the pseudo academic field of 'UFOlogy'........

He did create great a way of categorizing claimed UFO sightings though lol

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hard evidence like both human and dinosaur foot prints in rock ? Lets move to one of my fav's in science and hard facts . Micheal Mann produced a peer reviewed paper in a scientific journal with the hockey stick graph . You didn't have to be a scientist to recognize what the graph was saying and it looked apocalyptic . So the skeptics started noticing that there was something wrong .In the time series ,someone brought to the attention paintings of people skating on the Tames River .A little more digging and people were producing extracts from literature about the crop failure because of the cold and wat was called the summer without the sun ,and would later be known as the little ice age . No where in Dr. Manns paper could you find any record of this time in our history .

Later on it became evident that if that was the product of a scientist then he had to either be incompetent or fraudulent. He accomplished this by using proxies for temps that had no temp signature and might have even used one set of data upside down .He surely had to have used a statistical method to get his results and because he refused to provide the methods and codes ,no one was able to reproduce his results . Would you call him a real scientist ,a incompetent scientist or a fraudulent one ? a reply to: Phantom423

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Is this a Christian website?

Here

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yet it is only in recent times that humans can render the fossils into what they looked like by using computer models and other scientific techniques to do so .The old art looks mighty close to what the new art does . How did they get it correct if they didn't have the methods to do so back then ? One group spouting Hoax does not work in science .Plese link me to the scientific rebuttal .... a reply to: Barcs

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I can't find my book, but here are some other quotes from Vallee:

"An impressive parallel can be made between UFO occupants and the popular conceptions of demons."

"The 'medical examination' to which abductees are said to be subjected, often accompanied by sadistic sexual manipulation, is reminiscent of the medieval tales of encounters with demons. It makes no sense in a sophisticated or technical or biological framework: any intelligent being equipped with the scientific marvels that UFOs possess would be in a position to achieve any of these alleged scientific objectives in a shorter time and with fewer risks."

"...the symbolic display seen by the abductees is identical to the type of initiations ritual or astral voyage that is imbedded in the occult traditions of every culture."

"the structure of abduction stories is identical to that of occult initiation rituals."

Dr. Jacques Vallee

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Father of the pseudo academic field of 'UFOlogy'........

He did create great a way of categorizing claimed UFO sightings though lol

Well, if you think the entire field of UFO study is quack science and not legitimate then why even post here in this thread? That makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I truly despise it when people try to make scientific evidence invalid, and say that their religion's story of some god creating an entire universe for two beings (Supposedly Adam and Eve, who later reproduced) that sounds absurd in so many aspects. To be honest, religion is something that will always keep civilization from advancing to a point of serenity.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Is this a Christian website?

Here

Interesting, but there's no mention that either man holds said beliefs.....just that medieval people interpreted UFO sightings to be demonic or blamed them on witchcraft.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Well, if you think the entire field of UFO study is quack science and not legitimate then why even post here in this thread? That makes no sense.

I didn't realize this was a circle jerk thread?

Besides, you made a claim based on Christianity....

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

No, my entry into this thread was to reject the false premise that Christians deny the existence of aliens or the UFO phenomena. That's not accurate.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

No, my entry into this thread was to reject the false premise that Christians deny the existence of aliens or the UFO phenomena. That's not accurate.

Hey, I'm a Christian and I believe they exist, I just think they are inter-dimensional and not extra-terrestrial, and I think they are demonic.

No different than the conclusions of Drs. Jacques Valle, and J. Alan Hynek.

Indeed lol

edit on 8-1-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The dinosaur/footprint evidence occurred in only one place in Texas. Some say it was a hoax. The largest depository of dinosaur remains are in Western Canada. Argentina also has a large graveyard of dinosaur fossil bones. None of these finds has ever yielded a human footprint that can be associated with the time of the living creatures. Whatever caused the find in Texas, it hasn't been seen elsewhere - so I would go with the hoax theory until someone finds the same footprints elsewhere.

On the climate controversy, as I said before, I don't follow it. It's political, quasi scientific, hard to identify credible "evidence". So I'm not commenting on that.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Also I noticed that you have avoided answering my simple question as to what constitutes a real scientist ,Empirically ? a reply to: Phantom423

And you keep changing the subject from evolution to climate change or things that have nothing to do with the question. So once again, if you have hard evidence - and by now, you should know what hard evidence is - let's have it. If you don't agree with the results of the paper I posted which is based on ESR, you have to show that ESR was either improperly used or isn't appropriate at all for dating.

March on.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join