It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationist Quackery, Part 150, 001 : Creationists Say Aliens Don't Exist, So Let's Stop Looking!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Organized religion .... Bah! When the "scholars" decided which texts were to go into the Old Testimate it seems to me they left out alot of content. Book of Enoch is one for example. Too hot to handle content is my guess. Like a car repair manual missing the part about how to fix the engine. I try to live by the Golden rule ... and if you don't have the light in you ... chances are you never will. Just ask any alien that.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Lol ok sure, that seems likely.....

Hey I don't get it either. lol I told her "if one side exists then the opposite side must also exist." She said that isn't proof of God to her, that she had seen with her own eyes what demos did to the skin of one of her friends who was into witchcraft and Ouija boards.

Doesn't seem rational to me either.

After looking into them I find nothing about either man to be particularly noteworthy, neither of them discovered anything worthwhile during their time as Ufologists.

Then your scholarship is absurdly poor, no offense:

"No other UFO researcher has contributed more to an admittedly controversial field. But Vallee commands a measure of respect that must leave his colleagues feeling a bit envious. Even Philip Klass, the avionics expert and the media's favorite UFO-debunker, calls Vallee "one of the more distinguished members of the pro-UFO community." Vallee, he adds, "is one of the brighter physical scientists who believes in UFOs."

Link

"Early Career:

Dr. J. Allen Hynek, often called the "Father of Ufology," was professor of astronomy at Ohio State University, and later, chairman of the astronomy department at Northwestern University."

Link

"Eventually he developed a system of describing UFO sightings into six categories based on factors like distance of sighting, appearances, and special features. This system, known as the Close Encounter classification system, established him as one of the foremost authorities on this subject."

J. Allen Hynek - Bio

These two men are considered the greatest UFOlogy pioneers and scientists in human history. GTFOH

edit on 7-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Hey Phantom.
I believe in Aliens and I'm a Christian. Just because the bible doesn't even address the topic doesn't mean they don't exist.

I guess the only area I would differ from your one who believes in your typical " Grey Alien" is I along with a stunning increasing numbers of others individuals doing research in this realm happen to believe these aliens to be " Inter Dimensional Beings".

In other words.. they come from a realm where the laws of physics, time etc.. don't apply to them. This is why they can materialize and disappear in the blink of an eye. They are what I now believe to be the ancient "Watchers" , fallen angels if you will.

Do some research on Aleister Crowley, there were witnesses at an area near Area 51 where they claimed he performed rituals and one of these Fallen Angels came through. The drawing of it is eerily similar to that of the "Grey Alien" and Crowley himself was quoted as saying.

" Today they call them Angels and Demons, tomorrow they will call them something else"

There is going to more then likely be a staged alien disclosure event in which many of the world religions/leaders unite and embrace these aliens as our "creators" or "saviors" . the theory of evolution is falling apart daily and even the most brilliant scientific minds have acknowledged this.

Therefore Satan will need a new plan to keep people away from the truths of Jesus Christ, and God's true love for humanity.

youtube- aliens are from hell by ShielfoftheSOn. That documentary will change your life.

God Bless Man and thanks for posting

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
the theory of evolution is falling apart daily and even the most brilliant scientific minds have acknowledged this.

I enjoyed your post all up until here. It does make you wonder.. but come on now. The most brilliant scientific minds have said that evolution is falling apart daily? Huh? Each day more evidence is found to support it in several fields of science. No "Brilliant" scientists actually claim that. Only hacks and creationist mouthpieces.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedom7
a reply to: Phantom423

Hey Phantom.
I believe in Aliens and I'm a Christian. Just because the bible doesn't even address the topic doesn't mean they don't exist.

So what do you call angels and demons then? Last I checked neither of them are from of this earth. Wouldn't that make them extraterrestrial?

I guess the only area I would differ from your one who believes in your typical " Grey Alien" is I along with a stunning increasing numbers of others individuals doing research in this realm happen to believe these aliens to be " Inter Dimensional Beings".

In other words.. they come from a realm where the laws of physics, time etc.. don't apply to them. This is why they can materialize and disappear in the blink of an eye. They are what I now believe to be the ancient "Watchers" , fallen angels if you will.

Just new age alien belief. It is still just as unconfirmed as the traditional belief.

Do some research on Aleister Crowley, there were witnesses at an area near Area 51 where they claimed he performed rituals and one of these Fallen Angels came through. The drawing of it is eerily similar to that of the "Grey Alien" and Crowley himself was quoted as saying.

" Today they call them Angels and Demons, tomorrow they will call them something else"

You do realize that the typical grey alien is pretty easy to draw. It's a big head with big eyes and a mouth. Pareidolia does this for us many times by making us think an object with three hole in it is a face.

There is going to more then likely be a staged alien disclosure event in which many of the world religions/leaders unite and embrace these aliens as our "creators" or "saviors" .

Why would there need to be a disclosure event? If aliens are here but have kept themselves hidden all this time, why would they suddenly want to reveal themselves?

the theory of evolution is falling apart daily and even the most brilliant scientific minds have acknowledged this.

This is just absurd. First off, where is your evidence of this claim. Second off, the exact opposite is true. The most brilliant scientific minds are reinforcing evolution daily. You just made the above sentence up.

Therefore Satan will need a new plan to keep people away from the truths of Jesus Christ, and God's true love for humanity.

youtube- aliens are from hell by ShielfoftheSOn. That documentary will change your life.

I doubt it. Probably just a bunch of evidence that only makes sense when looked at through a confirmation bias. Documentaries aren't evidence of anything in any case.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

Who?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

Hi freedom7: I'm a little perplexed. The topic of the thread is a statement made by Ken Ham regarding his assessment of aliens. My own opinion is that life is ubiquitous throughout this universe. It's just a matter of time and technology until we find some form of life - my guess is that we'll find life existed on Mars at one time. Perhaps there are even microorganisms at deep depths.

The theory of evolution is a fact of science. If you read through this thread and other threads in which I have posted, I've provided substantial hard evidence for evolution as a scientific fact. There are literally hundreds of scientific papers on various aspects of evolution. In addition, there are currently over 500 recognized scientific journals which publish research into evolution. Creationists choose to ignore real science, preferring to make up their own brand but with no experimental evidence.

I offered a challenge to anyone who would like to debate any aspect of Creationism. One person posted a topic in this thread which we debated for several days. If you would like to bring your evidence regarding evolution, I would be happy to debate.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So what do you call angels and demons then? Last I checked neither of them are from of this earth. Wouldn't that make them extraterrestrial?

Sure if they came from another planet, but they reside in another dimension than the 4 physical dimensions we consider "reality", and they can materialize and dematerialize in this reality at will.

They are inter-dimensional entities/beings.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
"The theory of evolution is a fact of science. If you read through this thread and other threads in which I have posted, I've provided substantial hard evidence for evolution as a scientific fact. There are literally hundreds of scientific papers on various aspects of evolution. In addition, there are currently over 500 recognized scientific journals which publish research into evolution. Creationists choose to ignore real science, preferring to make up their own brand but with no experimental evidence."

Yes the theory of evolution is a scientific theory within the body of science .There is in fact many theory's within the body of science but there are scientist that do not agree with the theory of evolution and that is a fact . Your rebuttal to that fact is to say that they are not real scientist .My question to you is ,what constitutes a real scientist ? The mere fact that there are multepal theory's in science on many subjects does not constitute that any one of them is the correct answer . As a scientist with a theory ,one of your first steps is to collect evidence that is contrary to your theory . If you only pick and choose the evidence that supports your theory ,and ignore the evidence against it then you are not being scientific .Just because a larger number of scientist believe something does not make it correct .This can be shown in the historical scientific literature and is a fact . Remember that I may have a thousand reasons to believe that I am correct but ,there only needs to be one good legitimate reason why I can be wrong . I have brought some facts to this thread that could suggest evolution is not correct .Evolution is a theory that is believed by lots of people ,but science is not determined by consensus . The consensus method has been tried in science and has been left wanting . a reply to: Phantom423

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

It's all about the evidence. As I have said before many times, you have evidence, bring it on. There are over 500 recognized scientific journals which publish hard data about various aspects of evolution. The experiments are repeatable and validated. Anyone is free to challenge their results. For instance, if you don't believe ESR can correctly date fossils and sediment, then you MUST show WHY ESR cannot do that. You must take a published paper like this:

ESR dating of Lower Pleistocene fossil teeth: Limits of the single saturating exponential (SSE) function for the equivalent dose determination
Abstract

In ESR dating of tooth enamel, a single saturating exponential (SSE) function is generally used to fit the dose response data points. This study shows several analytical and physical limits of this function when applied on Lower Pleistocene samples with expected ages in excess of one million years. We have checked other mathematical functions to obtain a closer fit to the analytical data. Indeed, the choice of the fitting function becomes crucial as this has a strong influence on the DE value. Among the functions used, the combination of a double saturating exponential (DSE) function provided the best approximation to the experimental points. The use of just one SSE function seems to lead to DE systematic overestimations if the DE values are >300 Gy.

www.sciencedirect.com...

and disprove the results including the mathematical calculations which support the evidence. You cannot simply say "I don't believe it". Credible evidence requires credible observation, laboratory methodology and interpretation of results.

Hard evidence means data. It's means verifiable experiments. It means experiments that can be repeated by other scientists who have no vested interest in the subject. It means objective observation.

Until you are able to provide hard evidence, your position is simply a lot of rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well physical observations by man say that man could have lived with dino's . Tracks in sedimentary rocks ,artistic representation on man made objects .Creating a instrument to produce a signal to correlate to a outcome already determined is nothing more then a type of magical trick . Correlation does not prove causation . Just like computer models can possibly have value in determining out comes they have to be weighed against the real world .There are many inputs you can put in but if you miss one unknown input your model along with all factors can not produce a perfect picture . Mans artistic abilities are also not perfect representations but they give a picture and that picture says that man and dinos lived together . a reply to: Phantom423

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Also I noticed that you have avoided answering my simple question as to what constitutes a real scientist ,Empirically ? a reply to: Phantom423

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Then your scholarship is absurdly poor, no offense:

These two men are considered the greatest UFOlogy pioneers and scientists in human history.

Lol all those links and quotes and yet still no mention of either demons or abductees always invoking the Name of Jesus immediately after their abduction......did they really make those claims or did you make them up?.....

100% a wacky christian's belief, one you'd hope'd would give you an excuse to consider UFOs part of your religion.

And again neither man really accomplished much in the pseudo academic field of 'UFOlogy' or made any viable discoveries. You obviously have a hero worship type complex which has lead to you comparing these two gentlemen to........Einstein and Plato lol.

GTFOH

How rude!

I most certainly will not!
edit on 8-1-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

No I didn't avoid it. I told you in a nutshell - a real scientist works with hard evidence as I described above. That's it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

"Creating a instrument to produce a signal to correlate to a outcome already determined is nothing more then a type of magical trick . "

Tell that to your doctor the next time you need an MRI or a PET scan - the instrument was designed to give false signals.

This is nonsense.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

And if that's the case that they're developing instruments to scam the public, once again, you have to prove it. Bring up a schematic of an ESR instrument and tell me where they went wrong in the design. Tell me why it doesn't work.

Complete nonsense.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I would also hope that my doctor was able to accurately interpret the mri scan .Far too often it's not the instrument that is the problem but the ones using it . Also if a scientist is determined by your measure then how are creation scientist not real scientist's ? You have to prove that they are not . a reply to: Phantom423

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Easy - they don't produce hard evidence.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

It may be obvious to you, but if the sky and trees and such were proof of god, then there wouldn't be any question. But there is. So, obviously the existence of nature, and therefore our reality, does nothing to prove that your god exists to anyone but you.

Actually, God makes Himself known to all, you just have to choose to accept Him. If you choose to not see, that's on you, and something you'll have to answer for.

That's one weak god you got there. He couldn't even keep his own heavenly occupants happy, apparently, as he lost 1/3 of them in rebellion, and they're still fighting!

You act as if it is God's responsibility to keep people happy. Not sure where you get your ideas from, but people seem to have weird ideas when it comes to God. God wants you to be happy, but in the end, your responsible for your own happiness. Not sure what the rest has to do with anything, other than a sad attempt at ridicule.

Okay. So you tell me, why doesn't God show himself to everyone without question? Why does God allow people to be deceived and why does he allow suffering and evil to exist in his creation and to affect his heavenly abode? Why does he blame all of us for HIS mistake in the Garden of Eden?

God has shown Himself to all men. You just accept the Enemy's explanation, instead of your Creator. Secondly, God allows men to be deceived because we need to come to Him through our own experiences. What makes you appreciate life? Death. What makes you appreciate love? Hate. You would never know God, if you didn't know His opposite, in the Enemy of Man. Evil doesn't 'affect' Heaven, not sure what you mean about that. As for Eden, it was MAN'S mistake, not God's. God told us to do ONE THING. We had ONE commandment back then, don't eat that. We didn't listen, and somehow that's God's fault? You don't even want to acknowledge that you have blame. WE BROKE PERFECTION. WE ARE CURSED. THAT'S why we need God, because we're broken, and we can't fix it ourselves.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

100% a wacky christian's belief

Once more, neither of them are Christians.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join